Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JD Sports deal for Bury 11:15 - Nov 12 with 7622 viewsmidlandsdale

Whilst we obviously don't know the detail, it does seem a step in the right direction. Bye bye gigg though as stadium re named JD stadium.

Given that one of JD founders played in the same Rochdale boys team as me I think he should have thrown some sponsorship our way! Wait while I see him next!!
JD Sports deal for Bury on 11:35 - Nov 12 with 5298 viewsSandy_lane_lad

JW and DM have nothing to do with JD now though!

They might have this new deal with JD To rename the stadium but you can't help but think....

...You can't polish a turd!
JD Sports deal for Bury on 11:41 - Nov 12 with 5279 viewsYorkshire_Dale

JD Sports deal for Bury on 11:35 - Nov 12 by Sandy_lane_lad

They might have this new deal with JD To rename the stadium but you can't help but think....

Don't the original lot live in Birtle?

Ironically, Birtle is now part of RMBC I think?
JD Sports deal for Bury on 11:53 - Nov 12 with 5246 viewsTTNYear

Fair play to their commercial department. Money is money.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

JD Sports deal for Bury on 12:03 - Nov 12 with 5210 viewselectricblue

I would have thought that a drainage company would be a better sponsor option like dyna rod.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

JD Sports deal for Bury on 12:04 - Nov 12 with 5206 viewsToffeemanc

So Giggle Lane gets a new name !!

The Just Doomed Stadium?
or maybe The Just Down Stadium? or possibly The Joker Day Stadium ?

At least now they'll probably be able to pay Ashley to the end of the season at least !

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

JD Sports deal for Bury on 12:14 - Nov 12 with 5157 viewsSuddenLad

Just Dire

Joke Decisions

Jaded Displays

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

JD Sports deal for Bury on 12:20 - Nov 12 with 5123 viewsdeeplishblue

Just Domiciles ?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

JD Sports deal for Bury on 12:52 - Nov 12 with 5028 viewsSandyman

Deal includes first dibs to JD for a cheap unit when the football ground is demolished....??
Login to get fewer ads

JD Sports deal for Bury on 12:53 - Nov 12 with 5026 viewsFrog

JD Stadium "this famous old ground"
JD Sports deal for Bury on 13:34 - Nov 12 with 4879 viewsBrierls

It's more money going into the club that they didn't have previously, on that basis alone its a good deal. I've not seen any figures metioned, its just been labelled a "fantastic deal". It'll be interesting to see how their deal with Surridge goes now, cause I imagine JD want them wearing their own stuff a la Carlotti/Carbrini/Fila.

It will be interesting to see the reaction of some of their fans who bang the proud history drum. They've just effectively sold a piece of it. Personally I wouldn't be too fussed if we sold the naming rights for Spotland.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2013 13:41]
JD Sports deal for Bury on 13:35 - Nov 12 with 4874 viewsjudd

Just Demolished

Joke Deluge

Poll: What is it to be then?

JD Sports deal for Bury on 13:46 - Nov 12 with 4832 viewsColDale

JD Sports deal for Bury on 13:34 - Nov 12 by Brierls

It's more money going into the club that they didn't have previously, on that basis alone its a good deal. I've not seen any figures metioned, its just been labelled a "fantastic deal". It'll be interesting to see how their deal with Surridge goes now, cause I imagine JD want them wearing their own stuff a la Carlotti/Carbrini/Fila.

It will be interesting to see the reaction of some of their fans who bang the proud history drum. They've just effectively sold a piece of it. Personally I wouldn't be too fussed if we sold the naming rights for Spotland.

that's the issue. They'll now be tied in to the Fila / Carbrini deal now which IMHO has held us back commercially since we ditched Nike. The naming rights won't matter too much as fans will still call it Gigg.
JD Sports deal for Bury on 13:47 - Nov 12 with 4829 viewspioneer

JD Sports deal for Bury on 13:34 - Nov 12 by Brierls

It does mean that money we pay to buy JD shirts etc help generate profits that JD spend in sponsoring our local rivals.
JD Sports deal for Bury on 15:11 - Nov 12 with 4653 views442Dale

JD Sports deal for Bury on 13:46 - Nov 12 by ColDale

that's the issue. They'll now be tied in to the Fila / Carbrini deal now which IMHO has held us back commercially since we ditched Nike. The naming rights won't matter too much as fans will still call it Gigg.

What was the benefit of one deal over others and what is the correct forum for such a question?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

JD Sports deal for Bury on 15:29 - Nov 12 with 4605 viewsD_Alien

I'd have thought they've had enough water on the pitch recently to keep them afloat for some time without the need for sponsorship?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

JD Sports deal for Bury on 16:10 - Nov 12 with 4524 viewsMass_Debater

JD Sports deal for Bury on 15:11 - Nov 12 by 442Dale

What was the benefit of one deal over others and what is the correct forum for such a question?

It's good to see that Bury "do know what's out there".
JD Sports deal for Bury on 17:25 - Nov 12 with 4408 viewsColDale

JD Sports deal for Bury on 15:11 - Nov 12 by 442Dale

Well the message has been given time and time again. Either the deal is far better financially than any of us realise, or the monies involved are pretty much insignificant in the grand scheme of things. My gut feeling is that each time we have picked up a shirt or short sponsors from JD/Fila/Carbrini, the deal has been extended. I know it's been covered a million times on here, but we really must regain control of the stock that we sell. Currently, its like Wonga offering us a new loan each time rather than seeing out the original.

The Bury reaction to this has been strange. It would seem to be universally accepted (and rightly so) but they're having a go at seemingly non existent people who have spat their dummies over this, even though they are hardly anywhere to be seen. At least now, it will be the JD Stadium that gets houses on it rather than Gigg Lane.
JD Sports deal for Bury on 17:36 - Nov 12 with 4385 viewsDaley_Lama

JD Sports deal for Bury on 17:25 - Nov 12 by ColDale

Well the message has been given time and time again. Either the deal is far better financially than any of us realise, or the monies involved are pretty much insignificant in the grand scheme of things. My gut feeling is that each time we have picked up a shirt or short sponsors from JD/Fila/Carbrini, the deal has been extended. I know it's been covered a million times on here, but we really must regain control of the stock that we sell. Currently, its like Wonga offering us a new loan each time rather than seeing out the original.

The Bury reaction to this has been strange. It would seem to be universally accepted (and rightly so) but they're having a go at seemingly non existent people who have spat their dummies over this, even though they are hardly anywhere to be seen. At least now, it will be the JD Stadium that gets houses on it rather than Gigg Lane.

The JaDed Stadium, devolution street, buried.

Poll: DF in or out

JD Sports deal for Bury on 19:38 - Nov 12 with 4158 viewsBFC

JD Sports deal for Bury on 11:41 - Nov 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

Don't the original lot live in Birtle?

Ironically, Birtle is now part of RMBC I think?

I'm amazed ( and frankly gutted! ) to find you are correct - Birtle is indeed part of Rochdale - surely the nicest part at that!

Birtle with Bamford was amalgamated into Heywood in 1933 and as we know Heywood ( or as I call it East Bury ) was lumped in with you unworthies in 1974.

On my full Birth Certificate ( the one that names my mother AND father ) shows I was born in the County Borough of Bury, Division of Heywood, sub-Division of Radcliffe and that was a long time after 1933 by the way!
JD Sports deal for Bury on 19:52 - Nov 12 with 4096 viewsdownunder

JD Sports deal for Bury on 12:04 - Nov 12 by Toffeemanc

So Giggle Lane gets a new name !!

The Just Doomed Stadium?
or maybe The Just Down Stadium? or possibly The Joker Day Stadium ?

At least now they'll probably be able to pay Ashley to the end of the season at least !

Jepson's Donkey's
JD Sports deal for Bury on 20:20 - Nov 12 with 4035 viewsDale_Pea

JD Sports deal for Bury on 19:38 - Nov 12 by BFC

I'm amazed ( and frankly gutted! ) to find you are correct - Birtle is indeed part of Rochdale - surely the nicest part at that!

Birtle with Bamford was amalgamated into Heywood in 1933 and as we know Heywood ( or as I call it East Bury ) was lumped in with you unworthies in 1974.

On my full Birth Certificate ( the one that names my mother AND father ) shows I was born in the County Borough of Bury, Division of Heywood, sub-Division of Radcliffe and that was a long time after 1933 by the way!

Urgh, don't mention birth certificates, mine says 'BURY' in big capital letters for my birthplace. Funny you should mention Birtle though. My girlfriend works in a restaurant there, she certainly seems surprised it's part of Rochdale!

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

JD Sports deal for Bury on 20:38 - Nov 12 with 3973 viewsD_Alien

This Birtle thing - as we all know, administrative boundaries are constantly being redrawn, but that doesn't mean a particular district become "part of" somewhere else any more than Rochdale ceased to be part of Lancashire when it became "part of" Greater Manchester

There was a programme on planning permission a few months back which featured Birtle, and the planning officer was from RMBC. For anyone from bury though, Birtle will always be part of you.

We'd best be careful, in case we get "You're just a small town in Birtle" sung at us
[Post edited 12 Nov 2013 20:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

JD Sports deal for Bury on 20:41 - Nov 12 with 3953 viewsHopwoodblue

JD Sports deal for Bury on 11:35 - Nov 12 by Sandy_lane_lad

No but you can roll it in glitter !

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

JD Sports deal for Bury on 02:06 - Nov 13 with 3747 viewsRochdaleLeeds

the Jelly Doughnut Stadium?.... mmmmmm Jelly Doughnuts
JD Sports deal for Bury on 18:02 - Nov 13 with 3401 viewsaleanddale

Is it a shirt sponsor deal and a stadium naming right deal lumped together.

so lets say 3 years at £300k ( i have no idea i plucked £300k from thin air )

and we get £100k a year from Crown Oil ( again i have no idea how much ££ ) this is hyperthetical.

then thats just more

#smokeandmirrors

from our diluted friends down the road.

ie is the NEW " biggest ever " deal just another short term cash injection to see them through what would have been a VERY VERY Tricky winter period cash wise?.

what do we recon?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024