Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That goal 21:21 - Dec 26 with 8131 viewsgobbles

The wide-angle replay showed that the referee stopped running when the flag went up and did not signal to play-on until Billy Davies started jumping up and down and screaming.
That goal on 21:24 - Dec 26 with 5796 viewsnedflanders

It's irrelevant. He didn't blow his whistle. Anyone trying to blame anyone but the useless defence of ours is truly blinkered.
That goal on 21:25 - Dec 26 with 5775 viewsstansleftfoot

First 1-0....then 2-0, simple schoolboy football played by ex-premiership footballers.....why doesn't Green try and stop the ball going in his goal...because it doesn't matter to him....FULL STOP
That goal on 21:28 - Dec 26 with 5715 viewsdolcelatte

That goal on 21:24 - Dec 26 by nedflanders

It's irrelevant. He didn't blow his whistle. Anyone trying to blame anyone but the useless defence of ours is truly blinkered.

lofl

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

That goal on 21:29 - Dec 26 with 5695 viewsessextaxiboy

That goal on 21:25 - Dec 26 by stansleftfoot

First 1-0....then 2-0, simple schoolboy football played by ex-premiership footballers.....why doesn't Green try and stop the ball going in his goal...because it doesn't matter to him....FULL STOP

Of course it matters . he saw all of his defenders stop after the flag went up .

Of course they should play to the whistle. maybe Green wouldnt expect to hear it from where he was .

To suggest it didnt matter to him is laughable .
That goal on 21:31 - Dec 26 with 5674 viewsHollowayRanger

That goal on 21:25 - Dec 26 by stansleftfoot

dont blame green

unlikely he could have saved it anyway

defence stooped and so did he thinking ref would sort it out

looked a good goal to me as no one toched it so no flick on

all depends on the first long pass was the scorer offside then or not?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

That goal on 21:33 - Dec 26 with 5642 viewsnedflanders

That goal on 21:28 - Dec 26 by dolcelatte

lofl

Explain how it's anyone's fault but our players? They stopped playing when the ball was in play- simple. Schoolboy doesn't even begin to describe it
That goal on 21:37 - Dec 26 with 5596 viewsTacticalR

Didn't make a big difference as we'd already lost the match.

Air hostess clique

That goal on 21:39 - Dec 26 with 5556 viewsHooparoo

That goal on 21:37 - Dec 26 by TacticalR

This.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

That goal on 21:40 - Dec 26 with 5538 viewsnedflanders

Very true. Harry's team selection, especially lately- is mind boggling. I can't help feeling he just doesn't care and is looking for a paid way out. I just can't get my head round it
That goal on 21:42 - Dec 26 with 5524 viewsgobbles

That goal on 21:24 - Dec 26 by nedflanders

So if you are over-ruling another official, you don't believe a referee should wave play on straight away? Or, maybe, you should let the home manager make a ruling on something that the referee, because of his position (which unlike that useless bastard Beagrie saying was "perfect") could not have seen as he was on the blindside of the incident.
He only said play on after Davies screamed at him.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 21:43]
That goal on 21:45 - Dec 26 with 5472 viewsYorkRanger

Rightly or wrongly if a back four sees the lino's flag go up, they stop playing. Happens in matches at every level every week.
That goal on 21:46 - Dec 26 with 5449 viewsBklynRanger

That goal on 21:31 - Dec 26 by HollowayRanger

dont blame green

unlikely he could have saved it anyway

defence stooped and so did he thinking ref would sort it out

looked a good goal to me as no one toched it so no flick on

all depends on the first long pass was the scorer offside then or not?

Unlikely he could've saved it my pipe. The whole thing was symptomatic of us at the moment - 11 fcuking billy big bolloxes.
That goal on 21:46 - Dec 26 with 5439 viewsnedflanders

That goal on 21:42 - Dec 26 by gobbles

So if you are over-ruling another official, you don't believe a referee should wave play on straight away? Or, maybe, you should let the home manager make a ruling on something that the referee, because of his position (which unlike that useless bastard Beagrie saying was "perfect") could not have seen as he was on the blindside of the incident.
He only said play on after Davies screamed at him.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2013 21:43]

Why are you ignoring the simple fact. He didn't blow his whistle. Until he does, the game goes on. Only one person can stop the game and that's the ref. how ? By blowing the WHISTLE!! It doesn't matter what the linesman or billy fatboy Davies does??

I don't see what's so hard to understand!!!
That goal on 21:46 - Dec 26 with 5434 viewsDesertBoot

We deserved to lose 5-0 tonight.

Wish I could be like David Watts

That goal on 21:53 - Dec 26 with 5372 viewsWesty75

I f*cking hate that c*nt Davis. Makes the defeat ten times worse.
That goal on 21:54 - Dec 26 with 5354 viewsBrazilNutR

but it looked to me as if the lino told the ref, that he hadn't flagged.

It didn't affect the result and we were piss poor, but the decision still annoyed me. The ref didn't know that there was no contact, the lino flagged. So how Forest still came out with the verdict is strange. I probably not wisely, would have walked off the pitch and refused to play on...

I'm a very bad loser!
That goal on 21:55 - Dec 26 with 5350 viewsted_hendrix

That goal on 21:46 - Dec 26 by nedflanders

Why are you ignoring the simple fact. He didn't blow his whistle. Until he does, the game goes on. Only one person can stop the game and that's the ref. how ? By blowing the WHISTLE!! It doesn't matter what the linesman or billy fatboy Davies does??

Yep and for what its worth Clint Hill got caught 5 minutes earlier virtually doing the same thing.
That's right lads, put you're hands up that'll stop the game.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

That goal on 21:56 - Dec 26 with 5327 viewsgobbles

That goal on 21:46 - Dec 26 by nedflanders

I'm not ignoring any simple fact. Why are you so aggressive?
He didn't score because the defenders stopped playing, he was clean through and no one would have caught him. Green could have done better but presumably thought play had stopped as the linesman had his flag up and Halford was screaming at the referee.
The referee would have had no idea whether the offside flag went up for the flick, or for the long ball. So it was not obvious that there had been some terrible blunder.
From where the referee was he would have had no idea whether it was flicked on.
Halford's ridiculous claim afterwards "I think the replays showed I didn't touch it" had all the confidence behind it of a batsman hoping hot spot wasn't working.
That goal on 21:58 - Dec 26 with 5308 viewsJigsore

1-0 down, playing better in the second half. We couldn't possibly win, right?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

That goal on 22:05 - Dec 26 with 5264 viewsTacticalR

That goal on 21:58 - Dec 26 by Jigsore

1-0 down, playing better in the second half. We couldn't possibly win, right?

There were 10 minutes left, and it didn't look like we had the nous to score. And we didn't score.

Air hostess clique

That goal on 22:08 - Dec 26 with 5238 viewsnedflanders

That goal on 21:56 - Dec 26 by gobbles

He didn't score because the defenders stopped playing, he was clean through and no one would have caught him. Green could have done better but presumably thought play had stopped as the linesman had his flag up and Halford was screaming at the referee.
The referee would have had no idea whether the offside flag went up for the flick, or for the long ball. So it was not obvious that there had been some terrible blunder.
Halford's ridiculous claim afterwards "I think the replays showed I didn't touch it" had all the confidence behind it of a batsman hoping hot spot wasn't working.

Apologies if it came across aggressive- wasn't my intention . Just think they shouldn't have stopped - that said the point you make about it didn't make a difference to them scoring it is spot on. The thing that annoys me most about them stopping is the way it smacks of not caring. Something we had due to big egos last year that seemed to have been sorted but in last few games seems to be creeping back in- lack of effort, lack of desire, lack of interest.

I hope it's just a blip but it's starting to look worrying. Being soundly beaten by a good side while putting the effort in is one thing. Showing so little desire is the thing fans struggle to accept and it seems to be happening a lot in recent games...
That goal on 22:09 - Dec 26 with 5225 viewsSpiritofGregory

That goal on 21:56 - Dec 26 by gobbles

The ref had not blown the whistle - end of.
That goal on 22:12 - Dec 26 with 5197 viewsPunteR

At the time watching it on my HDtv i was thinking why is Reid playing on,;linesman flagged,players are calling it, he looks miles off side.
Looking at the replay it was a goal,fair and square.
Reid chanced it,lucky boy. Play to the whistle lads...the stupid effing whistle!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Overall Display v Forest on 22:17 - Dec 26 with 5169 viewsScarecrow

Felt concerned due to lack of real aggression towards Leicester in 2nd half at HQ on Saturday but after watching tonight’s match really concerned by lack of mental attitude.
Any team wins games due to winning the second ball, if you were to count Forest against us tonight I would say 80/20 to them. Not what you expect from a team looking to control a away game.?
Yes without Barton and Austin dint help, but whole feel of game suggested "were not going to win this" and that's how it turned out. Not wishing to be negative, but that’s how I seen it.
Don’t blame defeat on 2nd goal.
That goal on 22:17 - Dec 26 with 5167 viewsAntti_Heinola

That goal on 22:09 - Dec 26 by SpiritofGregory

The ref had not blown the whistle - end of.

that's true, SOG, but in reality, in that situation, every back four in every team in the football and premier league would have stopped playing. That's not what we're all taught, but I don't think I've seen a ref overall an offside decision in decades. Certainly can't remember it if I have ever seen it. It's incredibly rare. That goal was really just bad luck - bad luck Halford didn't get a touch, bad luck Simpson didn't get a touch. It was a freak in that respect.

But moreover, to go on about that goal is irrelevant. With the flag up or down, the likelihood is Reid would have scored. Even if he hadn't, we would have been extremely likely to lose as we were unable to test their keeper apart from long range pot shots and floating corners up for him to catch with ease. The 2nd goal is a huge red herring.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024