Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did my eyes deceive me? 19:56 - Jan 12 with 21966 viewsSuffolkHoop

Or did I see a Rangers fans with no shoes on waking on Portman Road yesterday? WTF
Did my eyes deceive me? on 19:58 - Jan 12 with 6798 viewstoboboly

Yeah, he goes to most games.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Did my eyes deceive me? on 20:05 - Jan 12 with 6760 viewsLowerloftLad

Yeah I saw him on the coach for Everton away

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Did my eyes deceive me? on 20:11 - Jan 12 with 6726 viewsTacticalR

Barefooted dude at QPR v Middlesborough
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/90670/barefooted-d

Air hostess clique

Did my eyes deceive me? on 20:13 - Jan 12 with 6709 viewsSuffolkHoop

Did my eyes deceive me? on 19:58 - Jan 12 by toboboly

Yeah, he goes to most games.

Not seen him at Loftus Road before. Must not sit in SAR.
Did my eyes deceive me? on 20:44 - Jan 12 with 6599 viewstoboboly

Did my eyes deceive me? on 20:13 - Jan 12 by SuffolkHoop

Not seen him at Loftus Road before. Must not sit in SAR.

Not sure where he sits but have seen him in the green per match a few times.

Did my eyes deceive me? on 20:52 - Jan 12 with 6576 viewsDWQPR

Was waiting at Blackpool South station after the recent game before Christmas, in the howling rain and wind when he comes past, limping FFS! At Preston station he couldn't find hi way into the bar and was walking up and down the platform still limping. I believe that he is a music teacher. Wouldn't want him teaching my kids, seems to be one sandwich short of a picnic.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Did my eyes deceive me? on 21:03 - Jan 12 with 6525 viewssmegma

The cops and stewards at Millwall were pissing themselves when he turned up. He doesn't even walk around puddles but ploughs straight through them. Suffers from lookatmeitis if his videos on youtube are anything to go by (and no I'm not his stalker just reporting what someone posted on here about 6 months ago)
Did my eyes deceive me? on 21:20 - Jan 12 with 6474 viewssotonsuperhoop

Did my eyes deceive me? on 21:03 - Jan 12 by smegma

The cops and stewards at Millwall were pissing themselves when he turned up. He doesn't even walk around puddles but ploughs straight through them. Suffers from lookatmeitis if his videos on youtube are anything to go by (and no I'm not his stalker just reporting what someone posted on here about 6 months ago)

He sits in R block and runs one of the Facebook QPR pages/groups
Login to get fewer ads

Did my eyes deceive me? on 22:18 - Jan 12 with 6350 viewsDieByYourSide

Must be quite a sight walking round with no shoes on in a replica QPR shirt filming himself all day

Poll: And it's hi ho

Did my eyes deceive me? on 22:51 - Jan 12 with 6224 viewsRanger78

I've seen him in the pisser at LR. Proper strange fella
Did my eyes deceive me? on 22:59 - Jan 12 with 6201 viewsloftboy

Sorry but Rangers fan or not the last thing I would want to sit next to anywhere is some nutter barefoot, just not right.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Did my eyes deceive me? on 22:59 - Jan 12 with 6201 viewsA40Bosh

I have mentioned this before on a similar thread about this bloke. The guitarist in our band hardly ever wears shoes as all year round. He claims it is simply cos he hates his feet covered up and cannot understand why people think it is anything to get excited about. I think it is all part of a gimic to make him seem a bit different. Gets laid by some unbelievable birds who buy into his exotic look. Bonkers or marketing???

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Did my eyes deceive me? on 23:27 - Jan 12 with 6134 viewsNeil_SI

Did my eyes deceive me? on 22:18 - Jan 12 by DieByYourSide

Must be quite a sight walking round with no shoes on in a replica QPR shirt filming himself all day

Let's analyse this properly. He has technically excellent forefoot strike, using the big toe as a stabiliser and a shock absorber really well. It takes years to perfect this kind of technique and to build the kind of endurance that allows you to deal with different surfaces and weather conditions too.

I don't think there's any training for what happens when you need to go to the bog at a football ground though! That's not a puddle I'd want to step in.
Did my eyes deceive me? on 23:42 - Jan 12 with 6110 viewscalders

Seen this guy a few times, attention seeking mentalist I'm afraid.
Did my eyes deceive me? on 00:26 - Jan 13 with 6046 viewssaxbend

Did my eyes deceive me? on 23:42 - Jan 12 by calders

Seen this guy a few times, attention seeking mentalist I'm afraid.

Attention seeking and mentalist are both accurate, though perhaps not for the reasons you have in mind. You do have to be a little bit "special" to be able to be yourself and not care that it's different enough to most people to single you out and invite constant scrutiny, judgement and curiosity. So I will acknowledge the lunatic label but point out I'm nonetheless quite harmless.

Attention in these videos is certainly sought, but the reason for it is not merely to stroke my own ego, but to bring visibility to what I do in order that over time it becomes less surprising to as many people as possible enabling me and anyone else so inclined to carry on making a choice that I hope will one day be seen to be as inconsequential as the cotton:polyester ratio of a person's clothing. My aim is to demonstrate that it is far easier than most people would believe to go barefoot anywhere, and honestly if I found it anything but pleasant, considering how much attention it draws, I would stop doing it.

That also applies to the youtube channel. If I felt at all uncomfortable
being discussed and evaluated, or having any kind of banter flying around I wouldn't put myself out there so publicly. I welcome any questions people ask, and my responses to them have improved and become more fluent over years of experience. It all serves my aim to demonstrate that what I do needn't be so shocking or puzzling in order that those who see the scrutiny and judgement as too high a price to trying it out themselves need not let that be a barrier to an otherwise sufficient inclination not to wear shoes.

So I'll be happy to answer any questions and equally happy for you to carry on making any other comments that spring to mind, either on here or on matchdays.

Enjoy the post win buzz for the week. :)
Did my eyes deceive me? on 00:41 - Jan 13 with 6031 viewsDieByYourSide

Did my eyes deceive me? on 00:26 - Jan 13 by saxbend

Attention seeking and mentalist are both accurate, though perhaps not for the reasons you have in mind. You do have to be a little bit "special" to be able to be yourself and not care that it's different enough to most people to single you out and invite constant scrutiny, judgement and curiosity. So I will acknowledge the lunatic label but point out I'm nonetheless quite harmless.

Attention in these videos is certainly sought, but the reason for it is not merely to stroke my own ego, but to bring visibility to what I do in order that over time it becomes less surprising to as many people as possible enabling me and anyone else so inclined to carry on making a choice that I hope will one day be seen to be as inconsequential as the cotton:polyester ratio of a person's clothing. My aim is to demonstrate that it is far easier than most people would believe to go barefoot anywhere, and honestly if I found it anything but pleasant, considering how much attention it draws, I would stop doing it.

That also applies to the youtube channel. If I felt at all uncomfortable
being discussed and evaluated, or having any kind of banter flying around I wouldn't put myself out there so publicly. I welcome any questions people ask, and my responses to them have improved and become more fluent over years of experience. It all serves my aim to demonstrate that what I do needn't be so shocking or puzzling in order that those who see the scrutiny and judgement as too high a price to trying it out themselves need not let that be a barrier to an otherwise sufficient inclination not to wear shoes.

So I'll be happy to answer any questions and equally happy for you to carry on making any other comments that spring to mind, either on here or on matchdays.

Enjoy the post win buzz for the week. :)

Had to chuckle at your struggle getting in to Bloomfield Road!

Do you use one of those GoPro things to film the videos?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2014 0:49]

Poll: And it's hi ho

Did my eyes deceive me? on 00:54 - Jan 13 with 6013 viewssaxbend

Did my eyes deceive me? on 00:41 - Jan 13 by DieByYourSide

Had to chuckle at your struggle getting in to Bloomfield Road!

Do you use one of those GoPro things to film the videos?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2014 0:49]

It was funny. I was never going to be kept out though. They just wanted to be sure there was no doubt that I would be responsible for my own wellbeing, but the ground regs cover that anyway. As I say, and as is obvious, it's a very rare thing and the first time most people come across it, so they will hesitate and question themselves over whether and how to respond. I had an interesting chat with an Everton steward in the comments on my video from that game about it after she'd googled. If I serve my purpose with the videos, stewards all over the country will eventually be aware of me and see it as the non-issue it is, whether it's me or anyone else.

I quote here from one of her comments : We've had people coming in wearing a lot less so we can't really chuck someone out for that. (Should have seen some soldiers last year wearing just a gladiator skirt.)
Did my eyes deceive me? on 02:30 - Jan 13 with 5965 viewsstowmarketrange

Did my eyes deceive me? on 00:54 - Jan 13 by saxbend

It was funny. I was never going to be kept out though. They just wanted to be sure there was no doubt that I would be responsible for my own wellbeing, but the ground regs cover that anyway. As I say, and as is obvious, it's a very rare thing and the first time most people come across it, so they will hesitate and question themselves over whether and how to respond. I had an interesting chat with an Everton steward in the comments on my video from that game about it after she'd googled. If I serve my purpose with the videos, stewards all over the country will eventually be aware of me and see it as the non-issue it is, whether it's me or anyone else.

I quote here from one of her comments : We've had people coming in wearing a lot less so we can't really chuck someone out for that. (Should have seen some soldiers last year wearing just a gladiator skirt.)

With all kinds of litter on the floor,do you not get cut by glass or metal laying around?
Did my eyes deceive me? (n/t) on 02:44 - Jan 13 with 5953 viewssaxbend

Did my eyes deceive me? on 02:30 - Jan 13 by stowmarketrange

With all kinds of litter on the floor,do you not get cut by glass or metal laying around?

[Post edited 13 Jan 2014 2:50]
Did my eyes deceive me? on 02:47 - Jan 13 with 5953 viewssaxbend

Did my eyes deceive me? on 02:30 - Jan 13 by stowmarketrange

You'd expect so, but if you observe the ground in front of you, you find that sharp objects are surprisingly easy to spot and avoid, and you can see for yourself with your shoes on. Being aware of it is a pretty easy habit to get into and contrary to popular belief doesn't mean constantly staring downwards and walking into lampposts. But after a few weeks even that doesn't matter too much as the skin thickens and toughens to the point that while you still feel everything, you don't feel it as pain or discomfort and it takes a lot of effort to cut yourself. I can actually walk right through broken glass now as I demonstrated on one or two early videos, though it's not as abundantly littered all over pavements as people believe and pretty easily avoided as I say.

I get a cut maybe once every two-three years and a small one at that. I cut my hands more often. Sometimes a little piece of glass will stick in me but I'll feel it, pull it out and carry on unharmed. That's pretty rare too.
Did my eyes deceive me? on 06:33 - Jan 13 with 5868 viewsloftboy

Did my eyes deceive me? on 02:47 - Jan 13 by saxbend

You'd expect so, but if you observe the ground in front of you, you find that sharp objects are surprisingly easy to spot and avoid, and you can see for yourself with your shoes on. Being aware of it is a pretty easy habit to get into and contrary to popular belief doesn't mean constantly staring downwards and walking into lampposts. But after a few weeks even that doesn't matter too much as the skin thickens and toughens to the point that while you still feel everything, you don't feel it as pain or discomfort and it takes a lot of effort to cut yourself. I can actually walk right through broken glass now as I demonstrated on one or two early videos, though it's not as abundantly littered all over pavements as people believe and pretty easily avoided as I say.

I get a cut maybe once every two-three years and a small one at that. I cut my hands more often. Sometimes a little piece of glass will stick in me but I'll feel it, pull it out and carry on unharmed. That's pretty rare too.

Why don't they let you film on the official coaches, they even go as far as putting announcements out saying that filming is not allowed.

Did my eyes deceive me? on 06:53 - Jan 13 with 5842 viewsloftboy

Forgot to say, only loftforwords could we have a thread about a perceived nutter only for the said nutter to turn up and explain himself.

Did my eyes deceive me? on 08:25 - Jan 13 with 5711 viewsBlackCrowe

Well it didn't seem to do Bilbo or Frodo any harm. Or did it?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Did my eyes deceive me? on 08:31 - Jan 13 with 5698 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Did my eyes deceive me? on 08:25 - Jan 13 by BlackCrowe

Well it didn't seem to do Bilbo or Frodo any harm. Or did it?

True, they got a film deal out of it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Did my eyes deceive me? on 08:58 - Jan 13 with 5648 viewstoboboly

Did my eyes deceive me? on 00:54 - Jan 13 by saxbend

I presume this was the reason that copper came over to have a chat at Ipswich?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024