Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recent England team 16:22 - Feb 27 with 1077 viewssimmo

Best looking England midfield I have seen for a long time. Defence looks really suspect, especially at CB, but great to see the likes of Lallana, Sterling, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rodriguez, Barkley, Shaw, etc.

14 players under 23. So much easier to like than the last recent shower.

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Ben Foster, Joe Hart, John Ruddy;

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Steven Caulker, Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker;

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Raheem Sterling, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere;

Forwards: Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, Jay Rodriguez, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Daniel Welbeck.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 16:23]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Recent England team on 16:42 - Feb 27 with 1034 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice squad, I'd be happy if I was English, and excited too.

Are there only three cenre-backs?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Recent England team on 16:43 - Feb 27 with 1024 viewsSnipper

If Cleverley & Welbeck were playing well for Norwich or West Brom, they wouldn't get near the squad. Playing shite for Man Utd gets you in though.

Load of bollocks.
Recent England team on 16:45 - Feb 27 with 1021 viewssimmo

Recent England team on 16:42 - Feb 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Nice squad, I'd be happy if I was English, and excited too.

Are there only three cenre-backs?

Yeah, this is the squad for the Denmark friendly, I imagine the final team will have Jagielka and Jones in, hopefully at the expense of Ashley Cole and Tom Cleverley.

Hard for me to pick a midfield 5 from that group, great options on the bench though

Recent England team on 16:48 - Feb 27 with 1009 viewsimustbemad

What are the odds on England not making it out of the group at the world cup. Distinctly average all over the park
Recent England team on 16:55 - Feb 27 with 985 viewspaulparker

Same old same old
How the feck are the likes of cleverly, wellbeck, lumplard
Cole, caulker,Johnson, Smalling, milner in the squad they have been s&it
This year
Let's see the likes of berrino, flanaghan, huddlestone, shelvey,Adam Johnson
Ince, Curtis Davies, Dawson,
They have had good seasons and most are young & hungry
But yet again we go with the same dross

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Recent England team on 16:55 - Feb 27 with 985 viewstoboboly

Recent England team on 16:43 - Feb 27 by Snipper

If Cleverley & Welbeck were playing well for Norwich or West Brom, they wouldn't get near the squad. Playing shite for Man Utd gets you in though.

Load of bollocks.

Same as Townsend, Wilshere, Defoe, Carrick, A Hole.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Recent England team on 17:35 - Feb 27 with 916 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Recent England team on 16:55 - Feb 27 by toboboly

Wouldn't put Townsend in that group

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Recent England team on 17:38 - Feb 27 with 907 viewsrunningman75

I have been impressed by Tom Huddlestone though he is playing for Hull so not part of the Man Untd cum fest.
Login to get fewer ads

Recent England team on 18:12 - Feb 27 with 876 viewssimmo

Recent England team on 16:55 - Feb 27 by paulparker

Same old same old
How the feck are the likes of cleverly, wellbeck, lumplard
Cole, caulker,Johnson, Smalling, milner in the squad they have been s&it
This year
Let's see the likes of berrino, flanaghan, huddlestone, shelvey,Adam Johnson
Ince, Curtis Davies, Dawson,
They have had good seasons and most are young & hungry
But yet again we go with the same dross

Don't agree with that, think Milner imparticualr has been really solid for Citeh and Flanagan and Shelvey can't even hold down a 1st team place. Someone like Shelvey is best as an advanced midfielder, like a number 10. I would put Barkley, Rooney, and Lallana ahead of him.

Agree Smalling, Johnson have not been great but Smalling hasn't had a run at CB since Fulham and Johnson is still the 2nd best RB we have. I would prefer to see us take Craig Dawson and Stones over both of them but it's not terrible squad options.

We have to be realistic, I would say maybe 2-3 of our squad is 'world class' with the potential for another 3-4 to earn that. I would be happy to get out of the group and ecstatic to get to quarters. It's not about winning and it shouldnt be until we are well ahead of where we are in terms of structure.

Recent England team on 18:24 - Feb 27 with 860 viewsLowerloftLad

It's a real shame they don't look outside the the too 4/5 teams for our best players
Austin, ings must be worth a punt

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Recent England team on 21:03 - Feb 27 with 787 viewsthemodfather

sadly i have lost a lot of interest in the national team....if we have to rely on southampton players, then the game's ferked imo.

in the heat this summer, maybe younger legs will help but a few cooler experienced heads will be needed....and players who can retain the ball and pass it well will be priceless.
Recent England team on 23:19 - Feb 27 with 699 viewsderbyhoop

Although that squad represents a transition to a new generation, which is more than welcome, I'm not convinced we'll get past the group stage. If some of the younger players step up, we might have a better chance at the Euros in 2016.

IMHO, we haven't got 1 world class player, let alone 2 or 3.
Would you pick Gerrard ahead of Iniesta or Pirlo?
Would you pick Rooney ahead of Messi, Ronaldo, Van Persie or Ibrahimovic?
Would you pick Hart?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Recent England team on 23:43 - Feb 27 with 682 viewsdaveB

Recent England team on 16:55 - Feb 27 by toboboly

not sure about that, Cole has been one of england best ever left backs, Carrick won everything with Man Utd, Wilshire a very good player whilst Townsend and Defoe are both decent as well.
Recent England team on 07:23 - Feb 28 with 615 viewsheadhoops

Recent England team on 21:03 - Feb 27 by themodfather

sadly i have lost a lot of interest in the national team....if we have to rely on southampton players, then the game's ferked imo.

in the heat this summer, maybe younger legs will help but a few cooler experienced heads will be needed....and players who can retain the ball and pass it well will be priceless.

Yep fancy having to rely on Le Tissier to have to take a penalty , lucky w e have Batty and south gate!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Recent England team on 08:38 - Feb 28 with 573 viewssimmo

Recent England team on 23:19 - Feb 27 by derbyhoop

Although that squad represents a transition to a new generation, which is more than welcome, I'm not convinced we'll get past the group stage. If some of the younger players step up, we might have a better chance at the Euros in 2016.

IMHO, we haven't got 1 world class player, let alone 2 or 3.
Would you pick Gerrard ahead of Iniesta or Pirlo?
Would you pick Rooney ahead of Messi, Ronaldo, Van Persie or Ibrahimovic?
Would you pick Hart?

It's a bit unfair to put some of the greatest players in the world and that have ever played the game up against England. I have lost a bit of interest too over the years but since they have gone more towards youth and we have scaled back expectations, I am feeling a little better about them.

We may not get past the group stage, and that is fine. I am not that fussed if we do or don't, this is not our tournament as we are X amount of years away from properly developing a team that can compete, but I will enjoy the transition. I am a QPR fan remember, it's not all about winning for me!

Also, when I say world class, I mean players that can challenge for a 1st team place in the top teams. I would say Baines is amongst the best and most consistent LB's in Europe and Rooney on form is as good as we have ever had in recent years. We have players in form like Sturridge who, although not world class, has a conversion rate better than most of the best strikers in Europe. Of course like for like we are WAY behind about 6-7 countries, but that doesnt matter to me.

The point is I would rather watch a team populated with Lallana, Shaw, Sterling, Wilshere, Barkley, go out there and get knocked out playing with the enthusiasm and pride wearing an England shirt should bring than a group like Cole, Terry, Lumps, Young, Barry play and get slightly further before still being knocked out.

EDIT

This is what it means to someone like Luke Shaw just to be called up for a friendly. This is why I am starting to like England more.

[Post edited 28 Feb 2014 8:48]

Recent England team on 09:10 - Feb 28 with 551 viewsBAWHoops

.................Hart...............
Johnson...Cahill...Jagielka...Baines
..........Gerrard.....Wilshere......
Chamberlain.....Rooney.....Sterling
.................Sturridge.................

Is an OK team.

Plus you have youngsters like Shaw, Henderson, Barkley, Lallana, Townsend in reserve.

Most exciting England team in years

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Recent England team on 09:15 - Feb 28 with 544 viewstoboboly

Recent England team on 17:35 - Feb 27 by RANGERS4EVER

Wouldn't put Townsend in that group

He's been injured most of the season, why should he be picked if he has hardly played?

Recent England team on 09:18 - Feb 28 with 537 viewsPommyhoop

Its very hard to get motivated for England in the WC when you live this far away. I got sucked in last time ( Ive been here 7 years) and took all our game days off work.
I remember some prick of a goalie letting a grasscutter slip through his hands aginst the Yanks..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Recent England team on 09:21 - Feb 28 with 531 viewstoboboly

Recent England team on 23:43 - Feb 27 by daveB

not sure about that, Cole has been one of england best ever left backs, Carrick won everything with Man Utd, Wilshire a very good player whilst Townsend and Defoe are both decent as well.

David May won everything at Utd too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024