Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Broomfield 16:54 - Mar 1 with 3030 viewsWeaverQPR

Our scout has left to join Arsenal. One of Harrys trusted men.

@WeavQPR

Ian Broomfield on 16:55 - Mar 1 with 3016 viewsHollowayRanger

thats arsenil doomed then

as one of our rats jumps the sinking ship

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Ian Broomfield on 17:08 - Mar 1 with 2971 viewsbaz_qpr

maybe they will update his videos from the 2008 collection
Ian Broomfield on 18:01 - Mar 1 with 2848 viewsBasingstokeR

If he's been suggesting the players we've been interested in then is it that much of a loss?
Ian Broomfield on 20:58 - Mar 1 with 2641 viewsAntti_Heinola

This is tremendous news, trust me. Very odd one for Arsenal, though.
The bloke couldn't spot a player if Neymar was stood in front of him volleying balls into the top corner from 40 yards.
But very interesting that one of 'Arry's trusted (bag)men has decided to leave - he follows him everywhere. Perhaps he knows he'd have needed to find a new job in the summer.

Bare bones.

Ian Broomfield on 21:36 - Mar 1 with 2585 viewsCamberleyR

We actually have scouts?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ian Broomfield on 21:39 - Mar 1 with 2577 viewsJamesSW12

Ian Broomfield on 21:36 - Mar 1 by CamberleyR

We actually have scouts?

my thoughts exactly.
Ian Broomfield on 22:09 - Mar 1 with 2537 viewsderbyhoop

Sanusi on trial in the Summer, Chevanton, Onweyu, Belfodil, Ntep, Donaldson, Dellatorre. I'm sure that all of them were familiar names to all of us on the message board.

But, of course we don't have any scouts. All those players contacted us, rather than the other way round.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ian Broomfield on 22:12 - Mar 1 with 2535 viewsJamesSW12

not sure those players really strengthen your argument to be honest.
Login to get fewer ads

Ian Broomfield on 22:31 - Mar 1 with 2495 viewsBasingstokeR

Ian Broomfield on 22:09 - Mar 1 by derbyhoop

Sanusi on trial in the Summer, Chevanton, Onweyu, Belfodil, Ntep, Donaldson, Dellatorre. I'm sure that all of them were familiar names to all of us on the message board.

But, of course we don't have any scouts. All those players contacted us, rather than the other way round.

Some of those mentioned players might have been Butterworth and Steve Hitchen the European scout if they are still around.
Ian Broomfield on 23:29 - Mar 1 with 2435 viewsFredManRave

We actually have scouts?

Yes, to help all our old players cross the road.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2014 23:29]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ian Broomfield on 01:23 - Mar 2 with 2367 viewsRangersAreBack

Recommending second string Tottenham players is bound to go down a storm at Arsenal.
Ian Broomfield on 12:53 - Mar 10 with 2113 viewsTacticalR

Intercepted by Levy

Tottenham chairman David Levy reaches for the spy
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/463783/Tottenham-chairman-David-Levy-rea

Air hostess clique

Ian Broomfield on 13:08 - Mar 10 with 2061 viewsdaveB

He must be decent if Arsenal and Spurs are fighting over him
Ian Broomfield on 14:51 - Mar 10 with 1963 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ian Broomfield on 13:08 - Mar 10 by daveB

He must be decent if Arsenal and Spurs are fighting over him

Bizarre move considering Levy blocked Broomfield's appointment at Spurs for almost a year after Redknapp joined.

Bare bones.

Ian Broomfield on 16:31 - Mar 10 with 1885 viewsDaBurgh

We actually have scouts?

Worry not replacement found..

Ian Broomfield on 16:39 - Mar 10 with 1868 viewsdaveB

Ian Broomfield on 14:51 - Mar 10 by Antti_Heinola

Bizarre move considering Levy blocked Broomfield's appointment at Spurs for almost a year after Redknapp joined.

I know does seem odd but must have done something to impress
Ian Broomfield on 16:43 - Mar 10 with 1861 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ian Broomfield on 16:39 - Mar 10 by daveB

I know does seem odd but must have done something to impress

Wild speculation but I can imagine a chairperson blocking the arrival of a manager's favourite scout for many possible reasons, hypothetically, theoretically, allegedly etc(!) Whereas with the manager not around you get a scout that you want working for you who is actually working for you.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2014 16:43]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ian Broomfield on 16:45 - Mar 10 with 1848 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ian Broomfield on 16:43 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Wild speculation but I can imagine a chairperson blocking the arrival of a manager's favourite scout for many possible reasons, hypothetically, theoretically, allegedly etc(!) Whereas with the manager not around you get a scout that you want working for you who is actually working for you.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2014 16:43]

yes could well be.
but from what i've heard, Broomfield is no scout - and looking at his signings in his last 3 jobs doesn't tell me any different.
And yes, it doesn't take a genius to work out why Levy didn't want Broomfield there for a year. Allegedly etc ;)

Bare bones.

Ian Broomfield on 00:33 - Mar 11 with 1785 viewsNeil_SI

Something's amiss for me with all this. It's not the first scout to walk out on the club, we had it with Kevin Cruickshank among others last year too, and in other areas, we've seen the likes of Marc Bircham leave. There must be a more telling reason, and when a club simply gives a short goodbye statement in the way it has done here with Broomfield, it paints a picture and a story.

Whatever anybody thinks, Broomfield is an experienced scout with vast knowledge of the game, and clubs like Spurs and Arsenal wouldn't be after him or happy to take him if that wasn't the case. It's easy to point the finger and look at our signings this season, but it's not necessarily down to the scouts who the club signs.

Who is exactly running and overseeing the scouting department right now? What's the strategy behind it? What's the plans in place to fill the gaps left by the departures?
Ian Broomfield on 12:48 - Mar 11 with 1713 viewsSomersetHoops

This could be because TF has pulled up the drawbridge (too late) on expensive signings and Ian Broomfield doesn't find players in the lower divisions which is where we need to be looking.

What QPR need is a scout who can recognise playing quality and potential in players that are not going to cost a fortune. Our past mistakes that we all recognise were to rely on past reputations with high cost and salary expectations, rather than current and potentially future playing ability. When was the last time we had a player brought in by our own scouting system that we sold for a profit or became a home-grown stand -out QPR player? Did Raheem Sterling fit that category?

Who's Next?

Ian Broomfield on 12:52 - Mar 11 with 1701 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ian Broomfield on 00:33 - Mar 11 by Neil_SI

Something's amiss for me with all this. It's not the first scout to walk out on the club, we had it with Kevin Cruickshank among others last year too, and in other areas, we've seen the likes of Marc Bircham leave. There must be a more telling reason, and when a club simply gives a short goodbye statement in the way it has done here with Broomfield, it paints a picture and a story.

Whatever anybody thinks, Broomfield is an experienced scout with vast knowledge of the game, and clubs like Spurs and Arsenal wouldn't be after him or happy to take him if that wasn't the case. It's easy to point the finger and look at our signings this season, but it's not necessarily down to the scouts who the club signs.

Who is exactly running and overseeing the scouting department right now? What's the strategy behind it? What's the plans in place to fill the gaps left by the departures?

'Whatever anybody thinks'...
Well, some people think differently to you, Neil. Some people believe he's an ex-copper who came into the game late and is not much of a scout, but once you get a couple of big name clubs on your CV you're probably fine.
I certainly won't be losing any sleep over him going - for me, as i said above, it's the surest sign yet that Redknapp won't be here next season.

Bare bones.

Ian Broomfield on 13:18 - Mar 11 with 1679 viewsTHEBUSH

Ian Broomfield on 00:33 - Mar 11 by Neil_SI

For me Harry Redknapp was overseeing the scouting department and before that Mark Hughes.

Imo, rightly or wrongly, that is why TF has employed two experienced football managers to sort out football matters.

It's not unusual for people to leave football clubs and when they do, there is going to be a void, why should we be any different ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024