Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corners 17:29 - Apr 5 with 2163 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Why are we so bad at them. Today was dreadful. Short corner after short corner then ballon corner with no pace no precision and no threat. The biggest threat we are on a corner is to ourselves with a possible breakaway goal. Other teams deliver hard fast and attack the ball. I honestly think its wirth kicking it two yards for a goal kick so we can get set defensively.
Defensively we were poor. Any manager in the play off will win with the simple tactic of getting Dunne isolated 1:1 and then having him skinned. I like the bloke but he is badly badly struggling.
Corners on 17:30 - Apr 5 with 1828 viewskropotkin41

Because we have no coaching at all? I mean clearly it can't be that............. it's just that it looks like that.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Corners on 17:33 - Apr 5 with 1814 viewsTacticalR

Didn't we agree earlier in the season that we should forfeit all corners?

Air hostess clique

Corners on 17:42 - Apr 5 with 1784 viewskropotkin41

What I particularly love is how two muppets decide to take a short corner, everyone who's come up for the corner complains and then we lose the ball. It's lovely. I had a succession of school PE masters who preferred rugby to football anyway who could have done better.

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:44 - Apr 5 with 1770 viewsBklynRanger

The corner after Zamora came on was the most unforgivable. Austin and Zamora in the box, we take it short, attempt a square ball TO FEET on the edge of the area and they get it back. At which point our poor fans start singing "In the box".

Absolutely rancid stuff.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2014 17:45]
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:46 - Apr 5 with 1756 viewsJAPRANGERS

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:44 - Apr 5 by BklynRanger

The corner after Zamora came on was the most unforgivable. Austin and Zamora in the box, we take it short, attempt a square ball TO FEET on the edge of the area and they get it back. At which point our poor fans start singing "In the box".

Absolutely rancid stuff.

you have to say that most of our players truly were on holiday when they dished out the brains.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:49 - Apr 5 with 1739 viewskropotkin41

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:44 - Apr 5 by BklynRanger

Absolutely rancid stuff.

The word rancid is most apposite.

Queens Paradoxically Rancid.

Corners on 18:02 - Apr 5 with 1701 viewsbosh67

We need to buy or loan in a player who's surname is Carlsberg to take our corners. Because if we did, he would probably take the best corners in the world.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Corners on 18:06 - Apr 5 with 1693 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Does anyone remember an era when we were good at corners. I have been following since the late seventies and cannot pinpoint a team a season or two when we were good at them. I think we were pretty poor on the plastic pitch.
Login to get fewer ads

Corners on 18:51 - Apr 5 with 1632 viewsRangersAreBack

I'm even more concerned at the number of soft goals we concede from corners. I have no idea what our strategy is. It's neither man-for-man nor zonal and no one is on the posts.

Since the 10th of February we have conceded from corners against Derby, Reading, Charlton, Brighton, Blackpool and Bournemouth. That's 6 out of 12 games.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2014 21:48]
Corners on 19:05 - Apr 5 with 1591 viewsCHUBBS

They were driving me mental watching them faffing around time and time again.
It took until the 95th minute to put a half decent DIRECT corner into the box and low and behold we almost scored.
Corners on 19:26 - Apr 5 with 1565 viewsNorthernr

Not there today but for the last few weeks we've used corners to get Ravel Morrison on the ball again - that being the only attacking idea we've currently got in the entire team. We've even played it short when the opposition has realised what we're doing and stuck two men out there, leaving Morrison facing two defenders just to get to the byline, which is of course where we started with the corner in the first place. Slick.
Corners on 19:36 - Apr 5 with 1539 viewsQPR_John

Corners on 18:06 - Apr 5 by oldmeadoniansR

Does anyone remember an era when we were good at corners. I have been following since the late seventies and cannot pinpoint a team a season or two when we were good at them. I think we were pretty poor on the plastic pitch.

I go back to the sixties and cannot remember us being any good at corners.
Corners on 19:36 - Apr 5 with 1538 viewsted_hendrix

We cant take them and we cant defend them.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Corners on 16:03 - Apr 6 with 1317 viewsDiscodroid

i remember seeing darren peacock score from a corner at upton park around 1994 or so.

do i win £5 ??

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Corners on 16:05 - Apr 6 with 1319 viewsBasingstokeR

We were decent at corners against Burnley at home, but apart from that...
Corners on 16:46 - Apr 6 with 1296 viewsN12Hoop

Corners on 16:05 - Apr 6 by BasingstokeR

We were decent at corners against Burnley at home, but apart from that...

Indeed I also recall a home game not so long ago when we banged in some great corners (krancjar maybe?). But generally. It is infuriating. Against blackpool chasing the win we doing ridiculous short corners and wasting the clock as well as our central defenders time and energy getting in the box. If I was a qpr defender I wouldn't even waste my time getting into the box. Utter fckwits at corners.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Corners on 16:58 - Apr 6 with 1288 viewsFredManRave

Corners on 17:33 - Apr 5 by TacticalR

Didn't we agree earlier in the season that we should forfeit all corners?

And First Halves?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Corners on 23:39 - Apr 6 with 1203 viewsHunterhoop

The Padula/Shittu combination was good.

What I don't understand is surely taking corners is one of the easiest things to work on in training and improve. I can only presume we don't actually practice them.
Corners on 00:13 - Apr 7 with 1192 viewsINFIRMARY

Clearly a lack of training ground coaching , we get all the basics wrong , don't get me started on throw in's

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Corners on 10:35 - Apr 7 with 1153 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Never mind corners. We don't seem to have one player that can get a cross past the first defender. Hoilet and Simpson, inparticular seem to hit the outstreched leg or arse of the the first defender with alarming regularity.
Corners on 11:01 - Apr 7 with 1128 viewsbosh67

Our coaching is laughable. Technically inept, stone age strategy, completely outdated.

No one has been able to take a corner since Lee Cook left.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Corners on 11:03 - Apr 7 with 1125 viewsdaveB

When Barton and Niko don't play our corners are hopeless, they are not a great deal better when those two play but we have scored a few this season from corners. BAE is our best corner taker, no idea why he didn't take more of them on Saturday
Corners on 11:13 - Apr 7 with 1118 viewsAntti_Heinola

Corners on 19:26 - Apr 5 by Northernr

Not there today but for the last few weeks we've used corners to get Ravel Morrison on the ball again - that being the only attacking idea we've currently got in the entire team. We've even played it short when the opposition has realised what we're doing and stuck two men out there, leaving Morrison facing two defenders just to get to the byline, which is of course where we started with the corner in the first place. Slick.

Too true. Perhaps more worrying is our inability to defend them this season as well. Wonder if anyone has counted how many we've conceded from corners - seems a lot to me.

Bare bones.

Corners on 11:21 - Apr 7 with 1111 viewsadhoc_qpr

Corners on 11:13 - Apr 7 by Antti_Heinola

Too true. Perhaps more worrying is our inability to defend them this season as well. Wonder if anyone has counted how many we've conceded from corners - seems a lot to me.

In training we probably score corners all the time - mainly because we are so bad at defending them, even against out own woeful attack...
Corners on 12:24 - Apr 7 with 1069 viewsthemodfather

i wonder what they do at training cos we don't close teams down, play a slow tempo, waste possession and our set pieces are woeful.....
we've been rumbled and teams chase us down, work for it and grab their chance.
i question our back room staff and harry
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024