Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waddock Given the Tin Tac 14:55 - Jul 4 with 2504 viewspaulparker

One of My Favourites players , feel sorry for him 3 months in charge !!! WTF, and to be replaced by the enigma that is Michael Appleton, Madness !!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 15:15 - Jul 4 with 2454 viewsadhoc_qpr

Where has Michael Appleton's inflated reputation come from????

I wish i had his agent!
Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 15:16 - Jul 4 with 2454 viewsBluce_Ree

Waddock is proper shite at management though.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 15:27 - Jul 4 with 2417 viewsHayesender

Didn't he take Oxford from playoff certainties to mid table obscurity in a matter of weeks?

One of my all time favourite players, but shite manager

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 15:30 - Jul 4 with 2402 viewsimustbemad

Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 15:27 - Jul 4 by Hayesender

Didn't he take Oxford from playoff certainties to mid table obscurity in a matter of weeks?

One of my all time favourite players, but shite manager

Ditto. One of my all time favourite QPR and ROI players.
Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 16:33 - Jul 4 with 2276 viewsWeaverQPR

Appleton is worse than Waddock. Apple cant even last a season

@WeavQPR

Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 18:18 - Jul 4 with 2192 viewsBens_dad

As a resident of Oxfordshire (Don't mention the Milk Cup) I can fill in a bit more detail, according to local say-so.

Oxford were already on the slide. Wilder was out of contract at the end of the season and wanted a two year deal at least. Oxford would only give him a year so he went off to Northampton who were adrift at the bottom. He kept them up and beat Oxford last game of the season in doing so.

The performances under Waddock were not good but I don't think it is fair to put all the blame on him. Having said that, it was a surprise when he was appointed. What as he ever done as a manager?
Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 18:34 - Jul 4 with 2157 viewsToast_R

Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 18:18 - Jul 4 by Bens_dad

As a resident of Oxfordshire (Don't mention the Milk Cup) I can fill in a bit more detail, according to local say-so.

Oxford were already on the slide. Wilder was out of contract at the end of the season and wanted a two year deal at least. Oxford would only give him a year so he went off to Northampton who were adrift at the bottom. He kept them up and beat Oxford last game of the season in doing so.

The performances under Waddock were not good but I don't think it is fair to put all the blame on him. Having said that, it was a surprise when he was appointed. What as he ever done as a manager?

He made Zesh Rehman a marquee signing..
Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 19:56 - Jul 4 with 2085 viewsAndyB

Did well with Aldershot didn't he?
Login to get fewer ads

Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 21:55 - Jul 4 with 1993 viewsCamberleyR

While Waddock's managerial career has been mixed, he hasn't been a total failure. He was the manager who finally got Aldershot back into the Football League after five seasons of near misses in the Conference in his first season in charge there. When they were finally promoted as champions they went up with a then record 101 points.

A couple of months into the next season he left for Wycombe who were relegated to League Two at the end of that season. He got Wycombe back up at the first attempt but they were relegated again after a single season again in League One.

So two promotions and two relegations, as I said, a bit mixed.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 10:49 - Jul 5 with 1847 viewsBens_dad

Wasn't really aware of the Aldershot info. Thanks.
Saw Appletons stats on Sky last night......Last two posts win rate 16% each. How is he better than Waddock then?

Oxford are in the middle of a takeover, so also a strange time to change the manager. Although a West London 'boy' I've lived in Oxfordshire for many years. Every year when it's league cup time the local rag can't print an article without mentioning "......QPR........Milk Cup Final...." Drives me nuts.
Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 11:01 - Jul 5 with 1840 viewsnadera78

Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 18:34 - Jul 4 by Toast_R

He made Zesh Rehman a marquee signing..

I think you'll find that was a Paladini signing - as they all were back then. Waddock had very little say in who was bought and sold.

tbh, I'd like to see the club offer him something, maybe with the youth teams where he did well here for a good few years. A club like ours needs to have people in the background who are QPR men - the guys who know our history and fanbase, and can pass that on to the newcomers. We don't have too many people like that around anymore.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:22 - Jul 5 with 1823 viewsfrancisbowles

Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 11:01 - Jul 5 by nadera78

I think you'll find that was a Paladini signing - as they all were back then. Waddock had very little say in who was bought and sold.

tbh, I'd like to see the club offer him something, maybe with the youth teams where he did well here for a good few years. A club like ours needs to have people in the background who are QPR men - the guys who know our history and fanbase, and can pass that on to the newcomers. We don't have too many people like that around anymore.

We can't offer all our old heroes a job!
[Post edited 5 Jul 2014 12:22]
Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 11:28 - Jul 5 with 1815 viewsessextaxiboy

Lost a bit of respect for him after his comments when he took over from Ollie . Still he wasnt the only one .
Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 12:11 - Jul 5 with 1791 viewsthame_hoops

Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 10:49 - Jul 5 by Bens_dad

Wasn't really aware of the Aldershot info. Thanks.
Saw Appletons stats on Sky last night......Last two posts win rate 16% each. How is he better than Waddock then?

Oxford are in the middle of a takeover, so also a strange time to change the manager. Although a West London 'boy' I've lived in Oxfordshire for many years. Every year when it's league cup time the local rag can't print an article without mentioning "......QPR........Milk Cup Final...." Drives me nuts.

Where in Oxon are you mate?
Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 16:33 - Jul 5 with 1716 viewsTGRRRSSS

Appleton god knows, great agent and an ability to get the "right job" at the right time, ie when said side is such a mess he cant go too far wrong. Maybe a great number 2 who not gets number 1 jobs he isnt up to.
As for Waddock did well at Aldershot which was his 2nd job after us, got them back inot football league and had them punching thereabouts in League2 for a while.
As a result got headhunted by Wycombe where he floated with them at the wrong end of things in League 1 till he took them down.
Oxford seems a short period and probs on the downer before his arrival, on the other hand I think overall he probably isnt all that up to it as a manager beyond Conference really.
Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 17:06 - Jul 5 with 1700 viewsBens_dad

Witney. There's several R's fans/season ticket holders around the area.
Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 18:36 - Jul 5 with 1662 viewsthame_hoops

Waddock Given the Tin Tac on 17:06 - Jul 5 by Bens_dad

Witney. There's several R's fans/season ticket holders around the area.

Cool, Witney reminds me of a bigger version of thame
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024