Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie. 17:13 - Aug 19 with 3770 viewsted_hendrix

I know It's got fck all to do with a great win today but Charlie scored the winner against wetspam this afternoon in the 93rd minute.
That's the same wetspam I reckon that said he wasn't good enough for them.
You'll have to excuse my cynicism lads, enjoy the rest of the day.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Charlie. on 17:15 - Aug 19 with 3759 viewsdistortR

my first thought when i heard was, " he must have f'ing loved that"
Charlie. on 17:27 - Aug 19 with 3708 viewsBrightonhoop

Ye, makes it all the sweeter.
Charlie. on 17:30 - Aug 19 with 3690 viewsStanisgod

Charlie. on 17:27 - Aug 19 by Brightonhoop

Ye, makes it all the sweeter.

Gotta love the guy. Still got a big framed picture of him with a piece of his shirt holding the play off trophy up in my hallway.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Charlie. on 17:44 - Aug 19 with 3618 viewseghamranger

Against Joe Hart too.....

Remember LR a few years ago when Aguero hand balled their goal and Charlie scored one and had one ruled out when he blasted it back in after a Hart error...

Yes.... glad for Charlie
Charlie. on 17:48 - Aug 19 with 3595 viewsBrightonhoop

Charlie. on 17:30 - Aug 19 by Stanisgod

Gotta love the guy. Still got a big framed picture of him with a piece of his shirt holding the play off trophy up in my hallway.

Will never forget John Terry's face either when Charlie scored the equaliser, sweeter than honey lol
Charlie. on 18:42 - Aug 19 with 3450 viewsJAPRANGERS

Thought you were talking about your son before I clicked the thread! Haven't seen him posting on here in recent times ??
Charlie. on 23:49 - Aug 19 with 3204 viewswestolian

Same

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Charlie. on 08:58 - Aug 20 with 3021 viewsToast_R

Still sadly missed ar LR. Redknapp let us all down screwing up that season. Had we stayed up, he'd have signed a new deal and would still be banging them in for the Hoops.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie. on 11:31 - Aug 20 with 2886 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes it was a nice moment for him but before we get carried away, it was a penalty!
Charlie. on 12:08 - Aug 20 with 2816 viewshubble

Watching him score that pen made me realise how much I miss him.... :(

..and just how good he was for us. He pretty much dragged us up single handedly in 2013/14.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Charlie. on 22:26 - Aug 20 with 2625 viewsStanisgod

Charlie. on 11:31 - Aug 20 by francisbowles

Yes it was a nice moment for him but before we get carried away, it was a penalty!

Still got to put it in.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Charlie. on 23:29 - Aug 20 with 2567 viewsCiderwithRsie

Charlie. on 22:26 - Aug 20 by Stanisgod

Still got to put it in.

A player you can absolutely rely on to put away penalties is a real asset. When Wegerle was playing I never had any doubt that we'd score from the spot (I think he had one saved, I was gobsmacked at the time). God knows how many he'd have scored with current refereeing. Terry Fenwick was worth a dozen a season too.

Good to se Charlie still held in high regard here, one of the good guys in modern football IMO and I still think it a shame that he didn't get into the England squad, i suppose its too late now.
Charlie. on 02:17 - Aug 21 with 2481 viewsstrikerace

Still have my #28 Austin jersey from the PL year. What a rush that championship season was. Austin scoring left and right, Fer, Phillips, Hoillet, Barton, and of course Zamora's winner at Wembley when down to 10 men.
Charlie. on 07:28 - Aug 21 with 2360 viewsloftboy

Charlie. on 23:29 - Aug 20 by CiderwithRsie

A player you can absolutely rely on to put away penalties is a real asset. When Wegerle was playing I never had any doubt that we'd score from the spot (I think he had one saved, I was gobsmacked at the time). God knows how many he'd have scored with current refereeing. Terry Fenwick was worth a dozen a season too.

Good to se Charlie still held in high regard here, one of the good guys in modern football IMO and I still think it a shame that he didn't get into the England squad, i suppose its too late now.

Wegerle missed one at sheffield united away, that Miss meant he missed the golden boot by a solitary goal costing my mate a fortune who had backed him at 66/1 at the start of the season.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Charlie. on 07:44 - Aug 21 with 2330 viewsstowmarketrange

Charlie. on 07:28 - Aug 21 by loftboy

Wegerle missed one at sheffield united away, that Miss meant he missed the golden boot by a solitary goal costing my mate a fortune who had backed him at 66/1 at the start of the season.

New Year's Day game and Sinton broke his leg too.What a bad day that was.
Charlie. on 08:16 - Aug 21 with 2282 viewspaulparker

Charlie. on 23:29 - Aug 20 by CiderwithRsie

" one of the good guys in modern football "

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/3771882/married-premier-league-star-charlie-austi

he most certainly is !!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Charlie. on 09:21 - Aug 21 with 2210 viewsDejR_vu

Charlie. on 08:16 - Aug 21 by paulparker

" one of the good guys in modern football "

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/3771882/married-premier-league-star-charlie-austi

he most certainly is !!!

Haven't you read the memo? Different rules for footballers, they can do what they like.

Great player for us, but certainly not one of the good guys it seems.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024