Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oz v Syria 10:49 - Oct 10 with 2058 viewsisawqpratwcity

Winner goes through to play USA, Panama or Honduras for ticket to Russia. Nil-all draw Aussie go through, one-all extra time, penalties, two-all or higher, Syria.

Cahill starting (he's really looking his age) and Luongo on the bench.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Oz v Syria on 10:51 - Oct 10 with 2052 viewsWatford_Ranger

It's on Youtube if anyone is interested

Syria holding their own. 1-1 at half time leaving the Aussies in real danger if they concede another away goal.
Oz v Syria on 11:52 - Oct 10 with 1971 viewsflitwickhoop

Going into extra time now.

Reading some of the live chat comments whilst the game was on was more entertaining than the actual game!

'Mark Zuckerberg is gay' a particular favourite
Oz v Syria on 12:04 - Oct 10 with 1951 viewsisawqpratwcity

Syria down to ten men now.

All Oz subs used now so Luongo will at least be fresh for the week-end.

Oz v Syria on 12:17 - Oct 10 with 1925 viewsozexile

Oz have been poor.
Oz v Syria on 12:22 - Oct 10 with 1903 viewsMrSheen

Oz v Syria on 12:17 - Oct 10 by ozexile

Oz have been poor.

2-1 up now, second for Cahill.
Oz v Syria on 12:34 - Oct 10 with 1868 viewsisawqpratwcity

Oz v Syria on 12:22 - Oct 10 by MrSheen

2-1 up now, second for Cahill.

Both off the head. Even at 37, he makes it look easy.

FT 2-1

Oz v Syria on 12:38 - Oct 10 with 1846 viewsMrSheen

Oz v Syria on 12:34 - Oct 10 by isawqpratwcity

Both off the head. Even at 37, he makes it look easy.

FT 2-1

Syrian free kick hit the post in injury time. Would have won on away goals.
Oz v Syria on 12:44 - Oct 10 with 1831 viewsisawqpratwcity

Oz v Syria on 12:38 - Oct 10 by MrSheen

Syrian free kick hit the post in injury time. Would have won on away goals.

That means it doesn't count as a 'shot on target'.

Tbf, the goalie had his hand near the post at the time but the shot was so well struck he might not have saved it had it been 8" to the left.

Exciting last few minutes!

Login to get fewer ads

Oz v Syria on 13:29 - Oct 10 with 1727 viewsfrancisbowles

Oz v Syria on 12:04 - Oct 10 by isawqpratwcity

Syria down to ten men now.

All Oz subs used now so Luongo will at least be fresh for the week-end.

As he probably won't leave until tomorrow afternoon and has about a 24 hour journey in a dry atmosphere in a pressurised cabin, which would mean getting back getting on Thursday morning, as well as a 9 hour time change ahead of a trip to Sunderland, I think fresh may be a bit optimistic!

Still at least he won't have the game in his legs!
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 13:48]
Oz v Syria on 13:34 - Oct 10 with 1718 viewsisawqpratwcity

Oz v Syria on 13:29 - Oct 10 by francisbowles

As he probably won't leave until tomorrow afternoon and has about a 24 hour journey in a dry atmosphere in a pressurised cabin, which would mean getting back getting on Thursday morning, as well as a 9 hour time change ahead of a trip to Sunderland, I think fresh may be a bit optimistic!

After not playing in the second game of the last international break he played an absolute ripper the following week-end: Clive's motm for the win over Ipswich.

Why don't you give the bloke a chance?
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 13:42]

Oz v Syria on 13:37 - Oct 10 with 1709 viewsWatford_Ranger

Oz v Syria on 13:29 - Oct 10 by francisbowles

Tell him it's a night game. Sorted.
Oz v Syria on 13:46 - Oct 10 with 1678 viewsfrancisbowles

Oz v Syria on 13:34 - Oct 10 by isawqpratwcity

After not playing in the second game of the last international break he played an absolute ripper the following week-end: Clive's motm for the win over Ipswich.

Why don't you give the bloke a chance?
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 13:42]

I wasn't having a dig, I am a big fan of Luongo and yes he did have a very good game last time hence my end comment. I have posted before that jet lag affects people in different ways and that Mass and the club have to find a way of managing it better.

Hopefully, they are making progress and not playing will be a bonus for us.

Just don't expect too much, last time we were at home and I have a feeling that he might possibly have got back a day earlier.

Fingers crossed and also that Manning is unscathed from Ireland U21's in case he's needed.
Oz v Syria on 14:00 - Oct 10 with 1638 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Torn on this.

Would love to see Luongo at WC, but also feel the Syrian people need a cheer me up.
Oz v Syria on 14:02 - Oct 10 with 1637 viewsisawqpratwcity

Oz v Syria on 13:46 - Oct 10 by francisbowles

I wasn't having a dig, I am a big fan of Luongo and yes he did have a very good game last time hence my end comment. I have posted before that jet lag affects people in different ways and that Mass and the club have to find a way of managing it better.

Hopefully, they are making progress and not playing will be a bonus for us.

Just don't expect too much, last time we were at home and I have a feeling that he might possibly have got back a day earlier.

Fingers crossed and also that Manning is unscathed from Ireland U21's in case he's needed.

Just like this wek's fixtures, the Thailand game was on the Tuesday and the Ipswich game was on the Saturday, so I don't see how he is going to be a day longer getting back.

Oz v Syria on 14:07 - Oct 10 with 1627 viewsfrancisbowles

Oz v Syria on 14:02 - Oct 10 by isawqpratwcity

Just like this wek's fixtures, the Thailand game was on the Tuesday and the Ipswich game was on the Saturday, so I don't see how he is going to be a day longer getting back.

Ok wrong on that one, which I was unsure about anyway, but everything else I have put in the two posts,I am happy with and not being anti Mass or anything.
Oz v Syria on 23:01 - Oct 10 with 1431 viewsBoston

Aussie's possible next opponents, the USA, will be kicking off over Trinidad in two hours time with pumps still draining a pitch that has been under water for a month.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Oz v Syria on 23:24 - Oct 10 with 1408 viewsisawqpratwcity

Oz v Syria on 23:01 - Oct 10 by Boston

Aussie's possible next opponents, the USA, will be kicking off over Trinidad in two hours time with pumps still draining a pitch that has been under water for a month.

Thanks for the heads up.

https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2017/10/9/16448512/usa-vs-trinidad-and-tobago-st

That pitch looks terrible, hopefully they've had enough time to drain it. You wonder how you get conditions like this for a World Cup game, but then you remember Jack Walker, a bloke who could make Sepp Blatter look honest...
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 0:12]

Oz v Syria on 03:12 - Oct 11 with 1333 viewsBoston

No US at this World Cup, they lost 2-1, but don't blame Trinidads pitch, most of the campaign has veered between lacklustre to dreadful. Bruce Arena has to go, along wth three or four well past their sell by date players.
I can't give much of a review, it was on in the background but I was otherwise occupied.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Oz v Syria on 04:06 - Oct 11 with 1317 viewsHooparoo

Aussies playing Honduras but all is not well in the camp. looks like our Manager is set to resign which is exactly the sort of drama that football in this country does not need. You couldn't make it up.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Oz v Syria on 04:26 - Oct 11 with 1312 viewsisawqpratwcity

Oz v Syria on 03:12 - Oct 11 by Boston

No US at this World Cup, they lost 2-1, but don't blame Trinidads pitch, most of the campaign has veered between lacklustre to dreadful. Bruce Arena has to go, along wth three or four well past their sell by date players.
I can't give much of a review, it was on in the background but I was otherwise occupied.

Popular opinion in Oz was that we'd be better off against Honduras or Panama than USA, but I'm not so sure. Aussie form has been far from great and we'd have a better chance hoping for a game against the USA and hope that it was one of their off days.

Btw, I sympathise that many wanted Syria to progress because of the shit time that country is having, but there are limits to entertaining the idea of your oppo winning and that is well beyond mine. I also like the idea that Assad went to bed last night in a foul mood, that is if he even gives a rat's for the welfare of his country.

Oz v Syria on 09:47 - Oct 11 with 1206 viewsterryb

Is the qualification of Panama the biggest shock in World Cup history?

Sanchez will have a lot of time to sort out his move from Arsenal in the summer!
Oz v Syria on 09:51 - Oct 11 with 1203 viewstimcocking

p!sstake
Oz v Syria on 10:57 - Oct 11 with 1147 viewsisawqpratwcity

Bit of a shake-up in the South American group, too, with Argentina rescuing automatic entry and Peru taking the play-off against New Zealand. Chile missed out completely.

Go the All Whites!

Oz v Syria on 12:13 - Oct 11 with 1104 viewsterryb

Oz v Syria on 09:51 - Oct 11 by timcocking

p!sstake

???

Sorry, I don't understand the comment. Panama qualifying?

It certainly ain't a pisstake that they finished above the USA as points equal prizes. Perhaps this is aimed at the ineptitude of the USA management though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024