Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking fine 20:02 - Jan 21 with 2971 viewsbosh67

Did anyone else get back to their cars to be greeted by a £65 fine? 15 years we've been parking in that road and they change the words on the signs which are in about 10pt helvetica without any real signage to say the times have changed.

So I'd just like to say to anyone anyone at Hammersmith and Fulham Council, on behalf of myself and about 30 other cars in that road yesterday, all parked by QPR fans... You're a bunch of thieving c*nts!!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 20:02]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Parking fine on 20:24 - Jan 21 with 2914 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

They don't care for some inexplicable reason. It'll pay for their pensions I guess.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Parking fine on 21:20 - Jan 21 with 2773 viewsTripleR

Parking fines are easy money for these greedy ratbags.
If the council haven't informed the public about changes to the times of when you're allowed to park, then you may have grounds to challenge the penalty notice.
In which road were you parked, may help others avoid fines in the future.
Parking fine on 21:51 - Jan 21 with 2701 viewsbosh67

Parking fine on 21:20 - Jan 21 by TripleR

Parking fines are easy money for these greedy ratbags.
If the council haven't informed the public about changes to the times of when you're allowed to park, then you may have grounds to challenge the penalty notice.
In which road were you parked, may help others avoid fines in the future.

Glenroy Street W12 and all streets around there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Parking fine on 22:54 - Jan 21 with 2564 viewscolinallcars

Has to be worth an appeal. I live in a different part of the borough and remember the council sending a letter to residents when they changed to parking times. I doubt if they are legally obliged to put signs up other than those displaying the parking times.
Parking fine on 22:56 - Jan 21 with 2558 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sorry to hear that bosh. I stopped paying parking fines a long time ago as it became evident to me that honest drivers are being treated as cash cows. There are lots of ways around it if you use a bit of imagination.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 22:57]
Parking fine on 22:57 - Jan 21 with 2548 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Parking fine on 22:56 - Jan 21 by Benny_the_Ball

Sorry to hear that bosh. I stopped paying parking fines a long time ago as it became evident to me that honest drivers are being treated as cash cows. There are lots of ways around it if you use a bit of imagination.

yours,

Benjamin Ball
HMP Wormwood Scrubs
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 22:58]
Parking fine on 23:01 - Jan 21 with 2522 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Parking fine on 22:57 - Jan 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

yours,

Benjamin Ball
HMP Wormwood Scrubs
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 22:58]

Haha, all perfectly above board I can assure you. Perhaps Benjamin can have a word with the governor and arrange some parking!
Parking fine on 23:45 - Jan 21 with 2481 viewsToast_R

That's outrageous. Defo a strongly worded letter to the MP's office.

If you don't pay it and Enforcement get involved, If your motorised vehicle is on finance then they can't have it away. They can clamp it though until you prove its on finance.
Login to get fewer ads

Parking fine on 00:14 - Jan 22 with 2457 viewsLythamR

Must be getting ready for our move to the Linford Christie!
Parking fine on 00:16 - Jan 22 with 2450 viewsBoston

Look ‘ere warden, it said ticket the Rollers not the roiled over!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Parking fine on 07:00 - Jan 22 with 2318 viewsenfieldargh

I take it you're in Parkhurst?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Parking fine on 08:24 - Jan 22 with 2194 viewsjonno

Happened to me a good few years ago for an evening game, used to park in Lime Grove (connecting street between Goldhawk and Uxbridge Road) for all evening games. Got back to the car one evening to find a ticket and then saw they had changed the no parking times for weekday evenings to prevent parking between 19:00 and 21:00 (clearly specifically to prevent football parking). Before and after those times it was OK to park in the evening. Typical.
Parking fine on 09:34 - Jan 22 with 2072 viewspaesanu

Parking fine on 22:56 - Jan 21 by Benny_the_Ball

No, there isn't. If there were, you'd elaborate to help out the OP. Instead, you sound a bit silly.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Parking fine on 09:44 - Jan 22 with 2054 viewsbosh67

Thanks for all the thoughts on this. I think I may be done for but will give an appeal a go. It will almost certainly land in front of a Chelsea or Fulham fan who will immediately quadruple it.

Never knowingly right.

Parking fine on 11:24 - Jan 22 with 1916 viewsBasingstokeR

Challenge it if you have the time to write some letters, I've been successful on 5/6.

Same as I always say on here; I got my first parking ticket in 2009; the postponed Tuesday nighter against Palace for waterlogged pitch. Had travelled up from Southampton way, arrived moments before the 6pm charge time and went to the pub without a thought. Came back from the pub after hearing about the game being called off to a very soggy PCN on the windscreen.

I registered on Fightback Forums ( http://forums.pepipoo.com/); put some photos/scans of the area and PCN itself up and they've helped with the appeal/wording letters etc. One of the PCNs that I was chancing it with - the council in question made so many mistakes in their letters back to me that they cancelled it (I think out of embarrassment) in the end.
Parking fine on 11:55 - Jan 22 with 1858 viewskensalriser

If you're going to appeal you need a good reason. Not reading the signs isn't a good reason, so unless you can show that the statutory signs weren't there, you'll lose.

Take it on the chin and learn the lesson - always look at the signs when you park, even if you park there every day. I learned the hard way some years back when I got clamped near The End at 2am; bastards had changed that road to 24hr residents the week before.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Parking fine on 12:07 - Jan 22 with 1831 viewscolinallcars

It may not mean the council being greedy. They may have been responding to residents asking for the times to change because they are unable to park on returning from work. However, although not a legal requirement, it would have been fair of the council to put some signs saying please be aware of new parking times. These could he generic signs that could be taken down after a few months and used elsewhere. Or is that being too reasonable ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024