Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour & Safe Standing 07:30 - Jun 8 with 3792 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/08/labour-party-backing-safe-stand
Labour & Safe Standing on 08:29 - Jun 8 with 3739 viewsdaveB

This would be great at Loftus Road, could easily be done in the paddocks
Labour & Safe Standing on 08:52 - Jun 8 with 3696 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Labour & Safe Standing on 08:29 - Jun 8 by daveB

I’d love to see the whole lot done except maybe lower loft for families.

Would be class.
Labour & Safe Standing on 08:52 - Jun 8 with 3696 viewsA_B_4

Labour & Safe Standing on 08:29 - Jun 8 by daveB

I hope not. As a ST holder in the paddocks if this was introduced I know our group would likely not renew. We have a great view in the paddocks but we don't want to stand. Unfortunately if this is introduced and others do then the view for those sitting behind would take the term 'restricted view' to whole new levels even for Loftus Road...
Labour & Safe Standing on 11:16 - Jun 8 with 3605 viewsessextaxiboy

For me It depends on whether they increase the capacity of the stands . If its just the equivalent of standing in front of your seat then I cant really see the point . Just make the back few rows of each stand "standing optional" then kids cant get the view obscured .

For me standing at football is being in full terrace , any one who was in the North Bank Highbury for the Semi Final will know what I mean . My brother ended up 10 yards away in about 2 secs when the winner went in .................

Goal at about 7.50

[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 11:19]
Labour & Safe Standing on 12:15 - Jun 8 with 3544 viewsGalileo

I was only a kid at Highbury so my view of Clive's goal was not so great from the back of the North Bank. I do recall a sea of bodies erupting like a massive wave heading towards us after he scored and enjoyed the subsequent mayhem thereafter.

Memories from the terraces !
Labour & Safe Standing on 01:19 - Jun 13 with 3258 viewstimcocking

You just have to laugh. I despise politicians so much.

If the vote had come back 94% the other way, they'd be saying safe standing is outrageous. Because it's been so overwhelmingly positive, they're on to it like a ferret after a rabbit. No integrity whatsoever.
Labour & Safe Standing on 01:27 - Jun 13 with 3252 viewsBoston

I’d make the Lower Loft standing room only...pack ‘em in like sardines.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Labour & Safe Standing on 06:18 - Jun 13 with 3211 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Labour & Safe Standing on 01:19 - Jun 13 by timcocking

You just have to laugh. I despise politicians so much.

If the vote had come back 94% the other way, they'd be saying safe standing is outrageous. Because it's been so overwhelmingly positive, they're on to it like a ferret after a rabbit. No integrity whatsoever.

Yeah Labour should stick to policies that no one wants.
Login to get fewer ads

Labour & Safe Standing on 07:20 - Jun 13 with 3169 viewsRs_Holy

Q and R blocks for sure... a large percentage of fans already stand during a game
Labour & Safe Standing on 07:35 - Jun 13 with 3152 views1MoreBrightonR

Labour & Safe Standing on 08:52 - Jun 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’d love to see the whole lot done except maybe lower loft for families.

Would be class.

You'd lose a lot of people if you did this (not that its ever likely to happen). A lot of people support safe standing but that doesnt mean they want to stand. I would occasionally but i also like having a seat...think most the people around me are very happy sitting.

A standing area/stand would be great though and its great for atmosphere...theyhave done a good job in Germany around this.
Labour & Safe Standing on 08:33 - Jun 13 with 3112 viewsRBlock

Labour & Safe Standing on 08:52 - Jun 8 by A_B_4

I hope not. As a ST holder in the paddocks if this was introduced I know our group would likely not renew. We have a great view in the paddocks but we don't want to stand. Unfortunately if this is introduced and others do then the view for those sitting behind would take the term 'restricted view' to whole new levels even for Loftus Road...

Can you have a great view in the paddocks? Every time I've sat there for a pre-season or a cup game, barely been able to see a thing. A lot of shouting and very close to the action, but didn't rate it for actually getting a decent view of the game. Each to their own I guess.

I think the issue with having it in the paddocks would be obscuring the view of hospitality seats behind potentially. Never been in them so not sure if it would make a difference.
Labour & Safe Standing on 09:02 - Jun 13 with 3077 viewsToast_R

The whole lower loft should be safe standing. I'd buy another season ticket tomorrow if that happened. The lack of leg room and general uncomfortable'ness of being crammed into a space that even Victorian child mill workers would complain about, puts me right off these days.
Labour & Safe Standing on 10:02 - Jun 13 with 3019 viewsRangersw12

I would have the East Paddock and Lower school end ( make as home only ) as safe standing

Safe standing at the school end would encourage people to migrate there and therefore we have home support at both end of the ground
Labour & Safe Standing on 11:25 - Jun 13 with 2929 viewsDaiHo0p

The Labour Party - Standing Up for Society
Labour & Safe Standing on 11:29 - Jun 13 with 2923 viewsFDC

Labour & Safe Standing on 11:25 - Jun 13 by DaiHo0p

The Labour Party - Standing Up for Society

Labour: Standing up for football would actually make a good slogan
Labour & Safe Standing on 11:57 - Jun 13 with 2889 viewsTacticalR

I thought Labour was going to abolish football?

Air hostess clique

Labour & Safe Standing on 17:51 - Jun 25 with 2648 viewsRangersw12

Debate is on now

https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/7860c4f1-7b1e-49da-84c8-5ffe5917515f
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024