Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracts next summer 13:23 - Aug 20 with 4621 viewsGloucs_R

Next summer is going to be another huge clear out...I cant believe we would sign some of these up again due to wages? Makes you wonder how hard we have been trying to sell these on...

Sylla
Bidwell
Washington
Hall
Pav
Cousins
Baptiste
Niko
Shodipo
Smyth?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Contracts next summer on 13:29 - Aug 20 with 4580 viewsHooped_Pullie

Trying to imagine what the squad will look like next season - especially if we're in League 1 - is a pretty scary game. Holloway threw together a motley bunch in 2001 who were good enough to finish 8th that season, but there's a world of difference between then and now.

If we did go down, none of that lot will get offers to stay - not that most of them would accept them anyway.
Contracts next summer on 13:34 - Aug 20 with 4541 viewsGloucs_R

If we did go down you can bet that Mass, Freeman and Scowen would all want to leave.

Contracts next summer on 13:51 - Aug 20 with 4490 viewswombat

Contracts next summer on 13:34 - Aug 20 by Gloucs_R

If we did go down you can bet that Mass, Freeman and Scowen would all want to leave.

if we are where we are come jan they will be long gone well before the start of next season anyway

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Contracts next summer on 14:06 - Aug 20 with 4452 viewsLowerloftLad

if we were to go down then someone like Washington could suddenly become a very key figure in the team I think wheeler will become a key man as well

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Contracts next summer on 14:13 - Aug 20 with 4416 viewsMedwayR

Assuming we stay up I think Sylla, Washington, Wszolek, Cousins, Baptiste and Shodipo will go. Bidwell will probably be kept on if he drops his wages, with Hamalainen it will depend on if he breaks through this season & I'd imagine it's the same with Kakay. Hall will depend on if he recovers from his injuries.

That's a lot of wasted transfer fees though if Sylla, Bidwell, Washington, Wszolek & Cousins all leave on frees.

Poll: Who’s better?

Contracts next summer on 14:37 - Aug 20 with 4364 viewsDavieQPR

Contracts next summer on 14:13 - Aug 20 by MedwayR

Assuming we stay up I think Sylla, Washington, Wszolek, Cousins, Baptiste and Shodipo will go. Bidwell will probably be kept on if he drops his wages, with Hamalainen it will depend on if he breaks through this season & I'd imagine it's the same with Kakay. Hall will depend on if he recovers from his injuries.

That's a lot of wasted transfer fees though if Sylla, Bidwell, Washington, Wszolek & Cousins all leave on frees.

There is only 2 or 3 that I would want to stay.
Contracts next summer on 16:13 - Aug 20 with 4259 viewsQPR_John

If we cannot afford the wages of those listed things really are bad
Contracts next summer on 18:41 - Aug 20 with 4087 viewsCheshireR

The contract durations will be geared to our parachute payments.
This season is our final one for receiving these. Our budget for 19-20 will be £9.6M less than this year.
Consequently our purchase power will be diminished even further.
This situation isn't going to get better anytime soon.
Login to get fewer ads

Contracts next summer on 18:51 - Aug 20 with 4062 viewsRangersDave

Contracts next summer on 14:37 - Aug 20 by DavieQPR

There is only 2 or 3 that I would want to stay.

at this moment in time there is noone i'd want to stay.

prefer a more radical complete clear out and start again in the next league down.
Could be fun, but it would let us see exactly what Les, and whoever is in charge can do.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 18:51]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Contracts next summer on 20:12 - Aug 20 with 3947 viewsHooped_Pullie

Contracts next summer on 18:51 - Aug 20 by RangersDave

at this moment in time there is noone i'd want to stay.

prefer a more radical complete clear out and start again in the next league down.
Could be fun, but it would let us see exactly what Les, and whoever is in charge can do.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 18:51]

Dropping to the third tier and more or less starting from scratch is what we did in 2001. Took us three years to get back to the second level, in that time though we were there or thereabouts with finishes from 8th to 2nd and a lot of wins (and goals) to enjoy. The lesser lights of the day (e.g. Port Vale) could be relied upon to turn up at LR and be on the end of a good stuffing (I remember taking some non-QPR friends to a Sunday afternoon 4-0 - even Palmer scored). Crowds were decent and raucous, and really poor home performances were as rare as hen's teeth, at least in my memory - which may be a little rose-tinted. We attracted progressively better players during that time, Cook, Furs, Gallen, and had a decent stab at the second tier in the first half of the season we returned, though the momentum eventually waned. In those days, though, Holloway was the right man in the right job at the right time and my ST in Ellerslie knocked me back only £250 for the season. I can't say it wasn't enjoyable, it was as enjoyable as football gets, to be frank.

All of that having said, I am far from certain that anything like as much simple enjoyment would be had from Season 2019/20 if we return once more to our third-tier roots. A lot has changed in football in those two decades, and Charlton, with a squad fairly reliant on youth, have found it tough going, though they've had a pretty good start this time out. Falling through the divisions like Luton have would break my heart and the hearts of many, I hope that Amit is truly serious about safeguarding our future through whatever limited factors he can influence in the storm of direness we are trudging through right now.
Contracts next summer on 20:36 - Aug 20 with 3901 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We’ve had more clear outs than Paula Radcliffe after a Guinness binge suffering from IBS while doing a Marathon in Bombay after a night of eating tap water washed salads.
Contracts next summer on 21:48 - Aug 20 with 3791 viewssmegma

More speculative negative drivel.

I can't wait for tomorrow nights game.
Contracts next summer on 23:11 - Aug 20 with 3649 viewscolinallcars

Are there parachute payments paid to clubs that fall from the Championship to League 1 ?
Contracts next summer on 00:01 - Aug 21 with 3598 viewssmegma

Contracts next summer on 23:11 - Aug 20 by colinallcars

Are there parachute payments paid to clubs that fall from the Championship to League 1 ?

I doubt it as tv companies and football authorities don't give a flying f@ck about League 1 or 2.
Contracts next summer on 00:24 - Aug 21 with 3585 viewsCheshireR

Contracts next summer on 23:11 - Aug 20 by colinallcars

Yes. This season Sunderland will receive £35M and will trouser £15M the following year. The payments only cease if a club is promoted back into the Premier League.
Contracts next summer on 06:16 - Aug 21 with 3484 viewsWatford_Ranger

Personally I’m looking forward to welcoming Brighton U23s in the FL trophy.
Contracts next summer on 06:51 - Aug 21 with 3457 viewsisawqpratwcity

Contracts next summer on 00:24 - Aug 21 by CheshireR

Yes. This season Sunderland will receive £35M and will trouser £15M the following year. The payments only cease if a club is promoted back into the Premier League.

Yeah, it's totally bizarre. League One teams can't comprehend of such wealth.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Contracts next summer on 10:24 - Aug 21 with 3319 viewsQPR_John

Contracts next summer on 00:24 - Aug 21 by CheshireR

But these are the parachutes payments Sunderland received from the PL there are no parachute payments from the Championship
Contracts next summer on 09:26 - Oct 4 with 2966 viewsGloucs_R

Looking at this again....

Sylla
Bidwell
Hall
Pav
Cousins
Baptiste
Niko
Shodipo
Smyth - 1 year etxn option
Owens
Kakay

That's another huge upheaval in defence. RB, LB and 3 CB's.

Contracts next summer on 09:57 - Oct 4 with 2878 viewsDavieQPR

Contracts next summer on 09:26 - Oct 4 by Gloucs_R

Sylla
Bidwell
Hall
Pav
Cousins
Baptiste
Niko
Shodipo
Owens
Kakay

Not that huge when you consider that Bidwell is the only defender currently playing in the first XI. Of the rest only Cousins is getting games.
Contracts next summer on 10:15 - Oct 4 with 2839 viewsdaveB

Contracts next summer on 09:26 - Oct 4 by Gloucs_R

Sylla
Bidwell
Hall
Pav
Cousins
Baptiste
Niko
Shodipo
Owens
Kakay

I reckon Hall, Bidwell and Cousins will get new deals hopefully Kakay as well
Contracts next summer on 10:41 - Oct 4 with 2779 viewsozexile

Contracts next summer on 10:15 - Oct 4 by daveB

I reckon Hall, Bidwell and Cousins will get new deals hopefully Kakay as well

IMO Hall will have to play every game from Xmas onwards to be offered a new deal.
Contracts next summer on 10:54 - Oct 4 with 2751 viewsjohncharles

What if we are promoted ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Contracts next summer on 11:01 - Oct 4 with 2726 viewsDorse

Contracts next summer on 10:54 - Oct 4 by johncharles

What if we are promoted ?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024