Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton situation getting worse 21:44 - Jan 4 with 5251 viewsloftboy

https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2019/1/4/18168070/finances-embargoes-wash

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bolton situation getting worse on 02:37 - Jan 5 with 4073 viewstimcocking

Sad to read. Seems disgusting when one reads every day of such mediocre players being signed for dozens of millions and paid such sickening wages.
Bolton situation getting worse on 09:23 - Jan 5 with 3845 viewslondonscottish

Jeez......makes Rangers' challenges seem trifling. What a mess.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Bolton situation getting worse on 09:46 - Jan 5 with 3797 viewspaulparker

Sammy Ameobi could be worth picking up if players are allowed to walk away from their contracts

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bolton situation getting worse on 10:41 - Jan 5 with 3711 viewsenfieldargh

Bolton situation getting worse on 09:46 - Jan 5 by paulparker

Sammy Ameobi could be worth picking up if players are allowed to walk away from their contracts

oh how they taunted us at Clint's goal being ruled out

Karma has really bitten them on both cheeks

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bolton situation getting worse on 11:35 - Jan 5 with 3635 viewsDavieQPR

Why do people have a problem with the fact that we cannot sign anybody due to a transfer embargo.
Bolton situation getting worse on 13:36 - Jan 7 with 3370 viewsTGRRRSSS

Forest Green reported them over a signing they were meant to make, also FGR say they have been paying the wages of player not Bolton.
Bolton situation getting worse on 13:57 - Jan 7 with 3294 viewsQPR_John

Bolton situation getting worse on 11:35 - Jan 5 by DavieQPR

Why do people have a problem with the fact that we cannot sign anybody due to a transfer embargo.

You may have a problem with understanding the embargo as we can sign players

https://www.football.london/queens-park-rangers-fc/qpr-transfer-embargo-key-ques
Bolton situation getting worse on 13:59 - Jan 7 with 3276 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Isn't it correct that we can sign players so long as it's a sort of one in one out scenario with the incoming player only being paid 75/80% of the outgoing players wage. So I'm guessing with Sylla going, we could in theory sign someone within the set wage parameters. That said. I don't think we will.
Login to get fewer ads

Bolton situation getting worse on 14:01 - Jan 7 with 3269 viewsMaggsinho

Bolton situation getting worse on 13:59 - Jan 7 by dodge_stoke_r

Isn't it correct that we can sign players so long as it's a sort of one in one out scenario with the incoming player only being paid 75/80% of the outgoing players wage. So I'm guessing with Sylla going, we could in theory sign someone within the set wage parameters. That said. I don't think we will.

One big problem is that we can't pay agents fess so unless we find someone who hasn't got an agent or one that is willing to work for free then we won't be able to sign anyone.
Bolton situation getting worse on 14:21 - Jan 7 with 3182 viewsQPR_John

It Bolton cannot pay wages then the players are entitled to walk out on their contracts. I wonder how a transfer embargo works with out of contract players. They are in effect out of work. It is the same situation with transfer windows in that you can sign out of contract players at any time.
Bolton situation getting worse on 15:14 - Jan 7 with 3091 viewsthemodfather

will seem bad but sod em, we have our own worries, im sure bolton concern themselves of our ffp fine..... the fa dont' care along as their prem dream is ok and tv companies are happy and shovelling in cash.
Bolton situation getting worse on 18:28 - Jan 7 with 2886 viewsCiderwithRsie

God only knows.

On another thread, we've been discussing why Smyth can't get near the side, there was angst about Wheeler getting loaned to Portsmouth (and of course about Manning to Rotherham earlier, from me among others); Oteh's goal yesterday drew a "poor Matt Smith" comment; we're all pleased about Wszolek's career coming back from the dead but still want to see BOS and Chair getting some game time...Oh and Shodipo (remember him?) hasn't even got a squad number.

And people say "hey, can we have Ameobi? Go on, go on, pleeeease dad, just one more winger, oh go on"

Maybe Ameobi's wages are one reason Bolton are in the same sh*t we've just started clawing ourselves out of.
Bolton situation getting worse on 18:50 - Jan 7 with 2853 views08olesen

They sold Gary Madine for 6 million as well! Must be in a real mess.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Bolton situation getting worse on 20:15 - Jan 7 with 2709 viewspaulparker

Bolton situation getting worse on 18:28 - Jan 7 by CiderwithRsie

God only knows.

On another thread, we've been discussing why Smyth can't get near the side, there was angst about Wheeler getting loaned to Portsmouth (and of course about Manning to Rotherham earlier, from me among others); Oteh's goal yesterday drew a "poor Matt Smith" comment; we're all pleased about Wszolek's career coming back from the dead but still want to see BOS and Chair getting some game time...Oh and Shodipo (remember him?) hasn't even got a squad number.

And people say "hey, can we have Ameobi? Go on, go on, pleeeease dad, just one more winger, oh go on"

Maybe Ameobi's wages are one reason Bolton are in the same sh*t we've just started clawing ourselves out of.

I never said that did I , but carry on making a tool of yourself in the meantime
All I said was if players are allowed to walk away from their contracts then sammy ameobi would be worth looking at he has been very good for them the way mclaren plays would suit a player like that then big Smith who I think we will look to sell as well , him and Syllas wages maybe enough who knows I was hardly demanding fresh blood for the sake of it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bolton situation getting worse on 20:29 - Jan 7 with 2692 viewsPunteR

We're not allowed to pay agents fee's ?? Is that right?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bolton situation getting worse on 21:20 - Jan 7 with 2623 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bolton situation getting worse on 20:15 - Jan 7 by paulparker

I never said that did I , but carry on making a tool of yourself in the meantime
All I said was if players are allowed to walk away from their contracts then sammy ameobi would be worth looking at he has been very good for them the way mclaren plays would suit a player like that then big Smith who I think we will look to sell as well , him and Syllas wages maybe enough who knows I was hardly demanding fresh blood for the sake of it

No-one needs to call anyone else a tool.

But no, he wouldn't be worth looking at, because signing a bloke who threw a strop about his wages, from a club who are in the cr*p for overspending, is the opposite of what we should be doing.

And yes it would be fresh blood for the sake of it. Who of the current wingers that we play are we going to drop to fit him in?

We shouldn't look anywhere near him.

We've got to stop thinking like that - we buy players because we've got a gap and they're affordable. We don't just say "hey, he's available, maybe he's worth looking at?"
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 21:22]
Bolton situation getting worse on 21:43 - Jan 7 with 2589 viewspaulparker

Bolton situation getting worse on 21:20 - Jan 7 by CiderwithRsie

But no, he wouldn't be worth looking at, because signing a bloke who threw a strop about his wages, from a club who are in the cr*p for overspending, is the opposite of what we should be doing.

And yes it would be fresh blood for the sake of it. Who of the current wingers that we play are we going to drop to fit him in?

We've got to stop thinking like that - we buy players because we've got a gap and they're affordable. We don't just say "hey, he's available, maybe he's worth looking at?"

If my club wasn’t paying me my wages then I would be throwing a strop so I don’t blame him he has been there a while and isn’t a mercenary type at all
Also He isn’t just a winger he can play up top or as a number 10, now next season we may not have wells, Hamed they will go back to their clubs or Eze as he may need to be sold , the whole idea of the QPR model is to sell high and get in cheap so why not look to the next season your post was condescending and wasn’t needed you still need to look at players incase others leave
That’s called having a scouting system in place
In no posts have I said buy for the sake of it I said he may be worth a look

Bolton situation getting worse on 01:04 - Jan 8 with 2435 viewsderbyhoop

Having a look is OK. But I don't think we'll lolok for long at a player whose hardly tearing up trees at struggling Bolton
[Post edited 8 Jan 2019 1:05]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bolton situation getting worse on 07:42 - Jan 8 with 2286 viewssmegma

Bolton situation getting worse on 21:20 - Jan 7 by CiderwithRsie

Totally agree. If Ameobi was something special, he wouldn't be at Bolton
Bolton situation getting worse on 08:45 - Jan 8 with 2213 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bolton situation getting worse on 20:29 - Jan 7 by PunteR

We're not allowed to pay agents fee's ?? Is that right?

Yes. Being a free agent is not enough, he can't have an agent and he has to sign for 75% or else of the wages of players who've left.
Bolton situation getting worse on 08:54 - Jan 8 with 2201 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bolton situation getting worse on 21:43 - Jan 7 by paulparker

If my club wasn’t paying me my wages then I would be throwing a strop so I don’t blame him he has been there a while and isn’t a mercenary type at all
Also He isn’t just a winger he can play up top or as a number 10, now next season we may not have wells, Hamed they will go back to their clubs or Eze as he may need to be sold , the whole idea of the QPR model is to sell high and get in cheap so why not look to the next season your post was condescending and wasn’t needed you still need to look at players incase others leave
That’s called having a scouting system in place
In no posts have I said buy for the sake of it I said he may be worth a look

Apologies if I upset you, but if you think me saying what I think is wrong is out of order but calling people a tool for having a different opinion is fine then I think you ought to think again.

But still, no: having a scouting system and buy cheap/sell high is: getting Eze from Millwall, Chair from Belgium and Smyth from NI and working on them for a couple of years. Spotting Bolton have got a fire sale on and nipping round for a bargain in case we lose three separate players (all of who have got cover on the bench ATM) at the same time just isn't.

If that sounds condescending I'm sorry but I tear my hair out at people wanting to carry on the way that didn't work when we can see what does work in front of us.
Bolton situation getting worse on 17:05 - Jan 9 with 1857 viewsNorthernr

The players at Bolton have every right to throw a strop. They haven't paid the staff that work in the hotel either, and they'll be on buttons.

It's not right this. So much of it. But particularly this thing with the borrowed players.

The summer transfer window closing, but not closing, was bollox anyway but a club has used that nonsense situation to bring in players under a false promise of making the deals permanent and paying a transfer fee in January which they knew they weren’t able to do. Bolton were skint last year, skint in the summer, they’re skint now, they were never going to be able to magic up a quarter of a million quid for a player, and yet they’ve had use of him for half a season under those false pretences.

Quite part from promising a League Two player a big Championship move with a three year contract and then letting the lad down, these are players they wouldn’t have been able to buy in the summer, and aren’t able to buy now, so have lied to have for half a season. That’s not right, it’s gaining a sporting advantage on the field that wouldn’t be open to a club being run properly and by the rules.

One of the best run clubs in the Football League got relegated on the last day of last season because Bolton scored a goal in injury time.

If we are going to persist with this August nonsense of two transfer windows then clubs signing players on loan to make permanent in January should be required to pay up front from now on.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Bolton situation getting worse on 18:59 - Jan 9 with 1657 viewsenfieldargh

Bolton situation getting worse on 17:05 - Jan 9 by Northernr

The players at Bolton have every right to throw a strop. They haven't paid the staff that work in the hotel either, and they'll be on buttons.

It's not right this. So much of it. But particularly this thing with the borrowed players.

The summer transfer window closing, but not closing, was bollox anyway but a club has used that nonsense situation to bring in players under a false promise of making the deals permanent and paying a transfer fee in January which they knew they weren’t able to do. Bolton were skint last year, skint in the summer, they’re skint now, they were never going to be able to magic up a quarter of a million quid for a player, and yet they’ve had use of him for half a season under those false pretences.

Quite part from promising a League Two player a big Championship move with a three year contract and then letting the lad down, these are players they wouldn’t have been able to buy in the summer, and aren’t able to buy now, so have lied to have for half a season. That’s not right, it’s gaining a sporting advantage on the field that wouldn’t be open to a club being run properly and by the rules.

One of the best run clubs in the Football League got relegated on the last day of last season because Bolton scored a goal in injury time.

If we are going to persist with this August nonsense of two transfer windows then clubs signing players on loan to make permanent in January should be required to pay up front from now on.

This post has been edited by an administrator

when did this loan half a season then pay start.

Notice Stoke had 2 big signings like that, Ryan Woods and Afobi getting near 15 million!!

Hopefully the new stoke manager wont fancy them

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bolton situation getting worse on 19:06 - Jan 9 with 1642 viewsloftboy

Bolton situation getting worse on 18:59 - Jan 9 by enfieldargh

when did this loan half a season then pay start.

Notice Stoke had 2 big signings like that, Ryan Woods and Afobi getting near 15 million!!

Hopefully the new stoke manager wont fancy them

We did something similar with Tommy Smith as we got the paperwork in to late.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 19:06]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bolton situation getting worse on 19:10 - Jan 9 with 1630 viewsWestbourneR

Bolton situation getting worse on 18:50 - Jan 7 by 08olesen

They sold Gary Madine for 6 million as well! Must be in a real mess.

Another Warnock striker special

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024