Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Added Time 21:28 - Sep 29 with 1263 viewsHastings_Hoops

Sure this has been done already, but how difficult would it be for the 4th official to be in charge of the ‘referees watch’ and to have this linked to the stadium scoreboard. When play is stopped for a foul, injury, time-wasting etc, it is visibly stopped for the entire stadium to see and re-started when the delay is over. No more fergie-time, no more disputes and some bloody accountability.
Added Time on 21:33 - Sep 29 with 1249 viewsHastings_Hoops

I’m on one now...

VAR - great idea, but the ref should only check VAR when asked to and each team should be given three ‘calls’ per game. This way, like tennis they would only call a decision in if they felt it is in dispute.
Added Time on 10:34 - Sep 30 with 1069 viewsdaveB

Added Time on 21:33 - Sep 29 by Hastings_Hoops

I’m on one now...

VAR - great idea, but the ref should only check VAR when asked to and each team should be given three ‘calls’ per game. This way, like tennis they would only call a decision in if they felt it is in dispute.

I think you should be in charge of the FA, would love to see both of those come in but maybe only 2 calls per game
Added Time on 10:39 - Sep 30 with 1063 viewsWalnut

Added Time on 10:34 - Sep 30 by daveB

I think you should be in charge of the FA, would love to see both of those come in but maybe only 2 calls per game

Trouble is, how do you "make a call?" The ball would more often that not be live and a secondary event already taken place.
Added Time on 10:47 - Sep 30 with 1059 viewsdaveB

Added Time on 10:39 - Sep 30 by Walnut

Trouble is, how do you "make a call?" The ball would more often that not be live and a secondary event already taken place.

must be a way to alert the ref same as the goal line technology and you would only have a limited time after the incident so you can't just appeal and stop a counter attack.

So if you get a goal like the Spurs one against Leicester the other week, if the lino doesn't flag and the Leicester manager doesn't appeal then goal is given.Also a time limit should be put on the VAR check, if it takes 3/4 minutes then stick with on field decision
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 10:47]
Added Time on 11:56 - Sep 30 with 1007 viewsstevec

I was reading there's enough time between VAR frames for a 19cm discrepancy on offside calls, that's huge given the way it's presently being interpreted.

They should take the ref/linesman decision and only alter if VAR technology builds in this discrepancy or, if that's not possible, only change if there's daylight between attacker and defender.

Regards added time, you'd think this could be determined away from the pitch by now.
Added Time on 13:31 - Sep 30 with 932 viewsPinnerPaul

Added time should be calculated away from the pitch I agree.

In Hockey you have exactly 1 minute after scoring before game is restarted and big clock counts it down so everyone can see when time is up.

Already said I thought 4 mins too little on Saturday, especially when he added 2 mins to 1st half - for what exactly?
Added Time on 13:35 - Sep 30 with 929 viewsWatford_Ranger

Added Time on 11:56 - Sep 30 by stevec

I was reading there's enough time between VAR frames for a 19cm discrepancy on offside calls, that's huge given the way it's presently being interpreted.

They should take the ref/linesman decision and only alter if VAR technology builds in this discrepancy or, if that's not possible, only change if there's daylight between attacker and defender.

Regards added time, you'd think this could be determined away from the pitch by now.

Yeah I’d rather there was some sort of “umpire’s call” element to it. The offside rule is to discourage goal hanging, not to judge if an armpit is within 19cm of being ahead of the defence.
Added Time on 22:09 - Sep 30 with 813 viewsHastings_Hoops

Added Time on 10:39 - Sep 30 by Walnut

Referees should be instructed to let play continue until play next stops after the incident. The permitted time frame for the ‘claimant’ is when play next re-starts. Once play re-starts the opportunity to make a call is lost.

Therefore, If for example the other team scores from an immediate counter attack before play is stopped, the call from the first incident can still be made and if found correct, the counter attacking goal chalked off.

All of the above in the context of a ‘three call’ limit.
Login to get fewer ads

Added Time on 00:46 - Oct 1 with 732 viewstimcocking

Yes, because they are lying fcuks. There has never been a bloody game where they get it right where QPR is concerned.

No fouls but we're in front? That'll be 9 minutes then...
Added Time on 01:27 - Oct 1 with 725 viewsSydneyRs

Game clocks are used in rugby league and Aussie rules football here. For example an Aussie rules quarter, officially 20 minutes, can be anywhere from around 25 mins to close to 35 mins long depending on how many stoppages there are. If there are a lot of goals it goes longer because you have to set up a 'kick off' situation after each one. If the ball is out of play the clock stops until it is back in again.

There is literally no point in time wasting other than maybe to physically recover, for example of you have had to defend a few sets in a row playing league. In rugby league both scrums (pointless in league anyway) and line drop outs have a shot clock, There's also a time limit to take conversion kicks after a try is scored.

You could probably reduce the length of a football game to 80 minutes and end up with more actual playing time using this system.
Added Time on 07:29 - Oct 1 with 630 viewsHastings_Hoops

Added Time on 01:27 - Oct 1 by SydneyRs

Game clocks are used in rugby league and Aussie rules football here. For example an Aussie rules quarter, officially 20 minutes, can be anywhere from around 25 mins to close to 35 mins long depending on how many stoppages there are. If there are a lot of goals it goes longer because you have to set up a 'kick off' situation after each one. If the ball is out of play the clock stops until it is back in again.

There is literally no point in time wasting other than maybe to physically recover, for example of you have had to defend a few sets in a row playing league. In rugby league both scrums (pointless in league anyway) and line drop outs have a shot clock, There's also a time limit to take conversion kicks after a try is scored.

You could probably reduce the length of a football game to 80 minutes and end up with more actual playing time using this system.

I knew it must have been in place somewhere. It’s an obvious solution isn’t it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024