Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Further disasters at Hull 15:48 - Jun 16 with 5728 viewsNorthernr

Captain Eric Lichaj, midfielder Jackson Irvine, Marcus Maddison who they only signed from Peterborough in January to fill in for Bowen and Grosicki departures, and defender Stephen Kingsley have all been told they're being released on June 30 and will play no part in the nine remaining games.

Barnsley, obviously a relegation rival, have also denied them permission to continue to play their other Bowen/Grosicki fill in Malik Wilks, who was on loan there.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Further disasters at Hull on 16:16 - Jun 16 with 4002 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Hull have gone from playoff contenders to relegation candidates. They were on a terrible run before the 'break' already. Doomed I feel.
Further disasters at Hull on 16:16 - Jun 16 with 3999 viewsloftboy

Would be such a shame to see them drop Said no one ever

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Further disasters at Hull on 17:01 - Jun 16 with 3881 viewskarl

They're apparently after Hibs attacker Florian Kamberi, makes sense when you read this thread. He'll be relatively cheap and is a good strong Championship standard wide attacker but is light on the goals front.
When his head is right he's good but very temperamental it seems, first few games he'll play like a Trojan for them and then it's a bit of pot luck.
If Hibs can get back the £150k we spent then it will be seen a a decent bit of business, wouldn't recommend him to a club although he will straight away look like a decent player
Further disasters at Hull on 17:22 - Jun 16 with 3786 viewsdaveB

blimey, they are as good as down by the sound of it
Further disasters at Hull on 17:22 - Jun 16 with 3782 viewsNorthernr

Any player that goes into Hull at this point is either a League One player, or has something seriously wrong with them.
Further disasters at Hull on 17:27 - Jun 16 with 3754 viewsDannytheR

Further disasters at Hull on 17:01 - Jun 16 by karl

They're apparently after Hibs attacker Florian Kamberi, makes sense when you read this thread. He'll be relatively cheap and is a good strong Championship standard wide attacker but is light on the goals front.
When his head is right he's good but very temperamental it seems, first few games he'll play like a Trojan for them and then it's a bit of pot luck.
If Hibs can get back the £150k we spent then it will be seen a a decent bit of business, wouldn't recommend him to a club although he will straight away look like a decent player

I wondered about us and Kamberi at one point, especially given how much Warburton seems to like a bit of the SPL.

What happened with him and the bad Rangers? I thought he'd gone there?
Further disasters at Hull on 18:40 - Jun 16 with 3581 viewsLazyFan

Handy C19 for Hulls owners. They can close down the club when it gets relegated and blame it all on C19.

Barnsley must be feeling like they have a chance now. Expect a tough game this Saturday as they run us ragged.

zzzzzzzzzz

Further disasters at Hull on 19:53 - Jun 16 with 3391 viewsdaveB

Further disasters at Hull on 18:40 - Jun 16 by LazyFan

Handy C19 for Hulls owners. They can close down the club when it gets relegated and blame it all on C19.

Barnsley must be feeling like they have a chance now. Expect a tough game this Saturday as they run us ragged.

Barnsley were picking up a bit before the lockdown, won 3 of the last 5 games and beat Fulham 3-0. They beat Sheffield United the other day as well. Must win game for us
Login to get fewer ads

Further disasters at Hull on 20:17 - Jun 16 with 3316 viewsLongsufferingR

Home to Charlton on Saturday, the team one place below them keeping them out of the relegation zone. Could be brutal.
Further disasters at Hull on 20:17 - Jun 16 with 3313 viewstraininvain

Further disasters at Hull on 19:53 - Jun 16 by daveB

Barnsley were picking up a bit before the lockdown, won 3 of the last 5 games and beat Fulham 3-0. They beat Sheffield United the other day as well. Must win game for us

And Barnsley already stuck five past us earlier in the season.
Further disasters at Hull on 20:28 - Jun 16 with 3258 viewsloftboy

Further disasters at Hull on 20:17 - Jun 16 by traininvain

And Barnsley already stuck five past us earlier in the season.

And we’ve shipped 11 in two friendlies 😇
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 20:28]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Further disasters at Hull on 21:38 - Jun 16 with 3068 viewskarl

Further disasters at Hull on 17:27 - Jun 16 by DannytheR

I wondered about us and Kamberi at one point, especially given how much Warburton seems to like a bit of the SPL.

What happened with him and the bad Rangers? I thought he'd gone there?

He was only on loan Danny, did no more than OK and he's not the standard they need if they're going to challenge Celtic.
He is a decent player and HD as the physical attributes but he is hot and cold.
Burnt his bridges at Hibs by declaring he'd always wanted to play for Rangers and this was his proper level, he was only on loan, boy can be an idiot and it does explain how Hibs managed to sign what was thought to be a hot prospect and future Swiss international. He's scratching about as potential Albanian cap atm.
Further disasters at Hull on 00:59 - Jun 17 with 2816 viewsHooparoo

As a follower of the Aussie national team I can tell you that Jackson Irvine has a great engine and would be a perfect (younger) replacement for Geoff Cameron. Even has a dodgy haircut/ponytail.

Can’t see why we couldn’t afford him as he’s never going to be premier league standard. Go get him Les!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Further disasters at Hull on 01:06 - Jun 17 with 2810 viewsNorthernr

Further disasters at Hull on 00:59 - Jun 17 by Hooparoo

As a follower of the Aussie national team I can tell you that Jackson Irvine has a great engine and would be a perfect (younger) replacement for Geoff Cameron. Even has a dodgy haircut/ponytail.

Can’t see why we couldn’t afford him as he’s never going to be premier league standard. Go get him Les!

I really liked him at Burton, would have loved us to pick him up.
He’s had a really strange time at Hull, rocks and diamonds. After our win up there this season the Radio Roverside phone on afterwards was full of people saying he shouldn’t play for them again cos he’d told somebody in the East Stand to fck off during the game. (Good job Freeman didn’t go there, he did that to the Paddocks most weeks).
Further disasters at Hull on 01:10 - Jun 17 with 2807 viewskarl

Further disasters at Hull on 00:59 - Jun 17 by Hooparoo

Celtic youth player and think loanee at Kilmarnock and Ross County, may well have been a permanent signing at RC?
Hard working, honest player but never credited with much more than that and surprised most when he was a great success in the English Championship tbh, surprised to see he's still only 27 so would be a very worthwhile recruitment if Hull are shedding players.
He is most likely a mid table Championship player in all honesty and tbf if the cap fits...
Further disasters at Hull on 01:23 - Jun 17 with 2795 viewskarl

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thecelticstar.com/should-celtic-re-sign-free-agent-

Although basically a fans website this surprises me but ultimately if they wanted someone to cover ground in the midfield and be a dynamo in there albeit lacking real quality then he is that player that would do well in the SPL, Europe I'm not so sure and to lose Ntcham for Jackson Irvine wouldn't look good, decent replacement for Scott Brown but not sure he's finished yet.
For QPR, youve all seen him more than me recently, he was all action covered the ground type player and the worry would be that these players lose their effectiveness earlier, has he learnt how to read the game, pace himself? I don't know but they're probably the most pertinent points for MW.
Further disasters at Hull on 11:47 - Jun 22 with 2360 viewsNorthernr

Some wild stuff coming out of Hull this morning.
They've banned the hull daily mail from their games for critical coverage.
They've also published an email of allegations sent to them for comment by the athletic, with details of player salaries redacted, but if you copied and pasted the first version into a word document the redactions disappear.

Further disasters at Hull on 12:11 - Jun 22 with 2285 viewsaston_hoop

They pay 17k per week for Kevin Stewart....who the hell even is he?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Further disasters at Hull on 13:12 - Jun 22 with 2151 viewspaulparker

Further disasters at Hull on 12:11 - Jun 22 by aston_hoop

Ex Liverpool player
The equivalent of Sean goss ie that he was 23/24 and played about 10 first team games

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Further disasters at Hull on 13:32 - Jun 22 with 2108 viewsJuzzie

Further disasters at Hull on 12:11 - Jun 22 by aston_hoop

I overheard two the the aisle workers at the superstore this weekend talking about going for a different role in the store and that it pays 16k per year. They are young, probably late teens, but they are clearly on less at the moment.

Then you have footballers who no one has ever heard of being paid over 50 times more than that for kicking a spherical object around.

Madness.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 13:34]
Further disasters at Hull on 13:53 - Jun 22 with 2045 viewsMedwayR

Further disasters at Hull on 13:12 - Jun 22 by paulparker

Ex Liverpool player
The equivalent of Sean goss ie that he was 23/24 and played about 10 first team games

Wasn’t he part of the Robertson to Hull deal? Seem to recall it was £16m for Robertson which then became £8m plus Stewart, so he was considered an £8m player...shite deal for Hull either way!

Poll: Who’s better?

Further disasters at Hull on 15:28 - Jun 22 with 1855 viewsrsonist

Further disasters at Hull on 13:53 - Jun 22 by MedwayR

Wasn’t he part of the Robertson to Hull deal? Seem to recall it was £16m for Robertson which then became £8m plus Stewart, so he was considered an £8m player...shite deal for Hull either way!

Always seemed a fishy one. Stewart was never ever worth that much even speculatively.

That said the real foundation of Liverpool's title win is the ridiculous money they've extracted from buying clubs since Klopp took over. I think it only comes to something like £60m net spend over four years.
Further disasters at Hull on 16:19 - Jun 22 with 1760 viewsMistication92

I read those Athletic letters, I'm just wondering what the Allam's are trying to do? If/when they get relegated, the value obviously drops even further from the 46m they want, so what do they do then? Presumably they don't want to keep piling money into what must be a loss-making business.

Would they be able to just liquidate the club?
Further disasters at Hull on 17:28 - Jun 22 with 1655 viewsNorthernr

Further disasters at Hull on 16:19 - Jun 22 by Mistication92

I read those Athletic letters, I'm just wondering what the Allam's are trying to do? If/when they get relegated, the value obviously drops even further from the 46m they want, so what do they do then? Presumably they don't want to keep piling money into what must be a loss-making business.

Would they be able to just liquidate the club?

Honestly, I think it's a vindictive thing now.

I've written about this on here before but at the same time as wanting to change the name, they also wanted the council to sell them the stadium for a nominal £1 fee. At this point they'd actually put a lot of money into Hulll, got them promoted, got them to a cup final, European football and stuff and they said if the council would sign the stadium over to them they'd put a second tier on the East stand, invest in it and so on.

Of course what they actually wanted was the huge patch of waste land to the north of the stadium, currently used as its car park, and the location of the annual Hull fair. They wanted to put a big retail village on there, make a tonne of money off it. The council said no. The stadium, and a load of other improvements in the city, was built with the sale of the publically owned phone company as a facility for the city, not for some rich bloke to profit off. It's also the home of the Hull FC rugby league team, which Allam has been nothing but antagonistic towards since he took over HUll City. At the same time the fans opposed the name change, which the Allams seemed to see as rude and ungrateful.

Since then it's been a two pronged approach. First prong is asset stripping, clawing money back. Money has gone out of the club in enormous amounts. They went up to the Premier League, with the £120m that brings, and spent nothing. They've sold a whole heap of talent for big money - Grosicki £4m, Bowen £22m, Robertson £16m, Clucas £16m, Elmohamady £2m, Huddlestone £4m, Livermore £8m, Maguire £17m, Ince £5m, Chester £8m, Brady £7m, N'Doye £2m, Jelavic £2.8m, Long £12m, Boyd £3m - all in the last five years. That money has gone, tiny fractions of it reinvested in players. They now habitually release 80% of their squad in May and only put it back together again in August so they're not paying players over the summer.

The second is antagonising the fans and the council that wouldn't let them have their way. I could write you a list of things a mile long. The stadium is falling into a state of disrepair. They did away with senior and junior concessions. They've banned local media. They've refused to allow the stadium to be used for prosigious rugby internationsl and boxing matches, but have done things like errect three squash courts for the squash world championships, which were watched by nobody, and left the rugby club playing on a destroyed pitch. They force the rugby club to play away from home for six weeks in the middle of their season so they can work on the pitch. When they returned from one of these breaks 18 months ago they found the pitch had been shortened to less than rugby league standards, so the gap between the 30 and 40 metre lines at each end is now onl 5 metres to make it fit. They charge the rugby club £20,000 a season to display pictures and memorabilia in the stadium, resulting in the Johnny Whiteley Suite having its Johnny Whitely picture removed and replaced with one of Steve Bruce. Hull FC players have their testimonial games away from home, because they charge them a punitive amount to stage games there out of season. They dug up the floor in the adjacent sports hall and replaced it with 4G for their youth academy, without planning permission, making a whole load of community sports clubs, kids gymnastics, disabled sports teams homeless. They've locked a gate that leads into the stadium from the east, meaning to get into the public park the ground is built in you have to walk a mile out of your way, it's a public right of way but the Allams say it poses a "terrorism threat" to leave it open on non matchdays. They gifted £1m to Hull KR, the other team in Hull and bitter rivals of Hull FC.

They've basically gone out of their way to be absolute fcking dicks, while at the same time sucking money out of the thing. It appears to me like they're deliberately running it into the ground to spite the city, while at the same time asset stripping it to get their money back. They've had numerous chances to sell it, and chosen not to, which suggests it's a fcking spiteful, deliberate operation.
Further disasters at Hull on 17:40 - Jun 22 with 1619 viewsMrSheen

Further disasters at Hull on 17:28 - Jun 22 by Northernr

Honestly, I think it's a vindictive thing now.

I've written about this on here before but at the same time as wanting to change the name, they also wanted the council to sell them the stadium for a nominal £1 fee. At this point they'd actually put a lot of money into Hulll, got them promoted, got them to a cup final, European football and stuff and they said if the council would sign the stadium over to them they'd put a second tier on the East stand, invest in it and so on.

Of course what they actually wanted was the huge patch of waste land to the north of the stadium, currently used as its car park, and the location of the annual Hull fair. They wanted to put a big retail village on there, make a tonne of money off it. The council said no. The stadium, and a load of other improvements in the city, was built with the sale of the publically owned phone company as a facility for the city, not for some rich bloke to profit off. It's also the home of the Hull FC rugby league team, which Allam has been nothing but antagonistic towards since he took over HUll City. At the same time the fans opposed the name change, which the Allams seemed to see as rude and ungrateful.

Since then it's been a two pronged approach. First prong is asset stripping, clawing money back. Money has gone out of the club in enormous amounts. They went up to the Premier League, with the £120m that brings, and spent nothing. They've sold a whole heap of talent for big money - Grosicki £4m, Bowen £22m, Robertson £16m, Clucas £16m, Elmohamady £2m, Huddlestone £4m, Livermore £8m, Maguire £17m, Ince £5m, Chester £8m, Brady £7m, N'Doye £2m, Jelavic £2.8m, Long £12m, Boyd £3m - all in the last five years. That money has gone, tiny fractions of it reinvested in players. They now habitually release 80% of their squad in May and only put it back together again in August so they're not paying players over the summer.

The second is antagonising the fans and the council that wouldn't let them have their way. I could write you a list of things a mile long. The stadium is falling into a state of disrepair. They did away with senior and junior concessions. They've banned local media. They've refused to allow the stadium to be used for prosigious rugby internationsl and boxing matches, but have done things like errect three squash courts for the squash world championships, which were watched by nobody, and left the rugby club playing on a destroyed pitch. They force the rugby club to play away from home for six weeks in the middle of their season so they can work on the pitch. When they returned from one of these breaks 18 months ago they found the pitch had been shortened to less than rugby league standards, so the gap between the 30 and 40 metre lines at each end is now onl 5 metres to make it fit. They charge the rugby club £20,000 a season to display pictures and memorabilia in the stadium, resulting in the Johnny Whiteley Suite having its Johnny Whitely picture removed and replaced with one of Steve Bruce. Hull FC players have their testimonial games away from home, because they charge them a punitive amount to stage games there out of season. They dug up the floor in the adjacent sports hall and replaced it with 4G for their youth academy, without planning permission, making a whole load of community sports clubs, kids gymnastics, disabled sports teams homeless. They've locked a gate that leads into the stadium from the east, meaning to get into the public park the ground is built in you have to walk a mile out of your way, it's a public right of way but the Allams say it poses a "terrorism threat" to leave it open on non matchdays. They gifted £1m to Hull KR, the other team in Hull and bitter rivals of Hull FC.

They've basically gone out of their way to be absolute fcking dicks, while at the same time sucking money out of the thing. It appears to me like they're deliberately running it into the ground to spite the city, while at the same time asset stripping it to get their money back. They've had numerous chances to sell it, and chosen not to, which suggests it's a fcking spiteful, deliberate operation.

Terrible, terrible, terrible...apart from the Hull KR bit, which is quite funny.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024