Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theo Foley RIP 17:06 - Jun 26 with 772 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Theo Foley has passed away.

Esteemed Dubliner, Irish International and coach under George Graham at QPR , Millwall and Arsenal (89, 91 etc).

Venables brought Graham and Foley to Rangers in the early 80's to look after the Reserves and they moved on quickly to become defensive coaches, it seems.

In some way, they were part of us getting to the 82 Cup Final. We got promoted the next year (though Graham and Foley left to take over Millwall half-way through) and the team they helped coach finished fifth and played in Europe.

Again, from talking to people who knew better, kudos went to both Graham and Foley for coaching those players and helping the club in a golden age, and to Venables for getting them on board.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal, a Theo.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Theo Foley RIP on 17:20 - Jun 26 with 738 views2Thomas2Bowles

A name I had not heard for a while.

R I P

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Theo Foley RIP on 17:37 - Jun 26 with 718 viewsstevec

Know I mentioned this once before but sat next to Theo Foley at a Charlton QPR game at the valley in the 90’s.

He was scouting making notes in the first half, put his book away when second half started and we got talking. Can honestly say the most illuminating 45 minutes I’ve spent at a game. Sounds mad but found some of the stuff he pointed out mind boggling.

Quietly spoken man, totally fascinating.

RIP Theo Foley, was great to have heard a piece of your mind for those brief 45 minutes.
Theo Foley RIP on 17:50 - Jun 26 with 685 viewsBoston

Feel free to correct me as I’m not 100% sure but...my favourite ‘Irish sporting voice’ was a bloke called Colin Turner. Think he worked for LBC on their Saturday football show 70/80’s.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Theo Foley RIP on 17:56 - Jun 26 with 677 viewsted_hendrix

Theo Foley RIP on 17:37 - Jun 26 by stevec

Know I mentioned this once before but sat next to Theo Foley at a Charlton QPR game at the valley in the 90’s.

He was scouting making notes in the first half, put his book away when second half started and we got talking. Can honestly say the most illuminating 45 minutes I’ve spent at a game. Sounds mad but found some of the stuff he pointed out mind boggling.

Quietly spoken man, totally fascinating.

RIP Theo Foley, was great to have heard a piece of your mind for those brief 45 minutes.

Well like you I sort of met Theo Foley, Theo was with Jim Beglin in front of me and my lad in a fish and chip shop at Fratton Park before an evening KO years ago, I looked at him and said "alright?" "yes thanks" came the reply with a grin.

Sad news.

RIP Theo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Theo Foley RIP on 18:35 - Jun 26 with 625 viewsTacticalR

Theo Foley RIP on 17:50 - Jun 26 by Boston

Feel free to correct me as I’m not 100% sure but...my favourite ‘Irish sporting voice’ was a bloke called Colin Turner. Think he worked for LBC on their Saturday football show 70/80’s.

He was great on the radio and always talked us up at a time when publicity wasn't so easy to come by.

Air hostess clique

Theo Foley RIP on 18:49 - Jun 26 with 601 viewskernowhoop

When we were playing at White City and he was playing for Northampton, didn't one of our players run on to the pitch and attack him? Anyone remember?
Theo Foley RIP on 18:56 - Jun 26 with 585 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Theo Foley RIP on 18:49 - Jun 26 by kernowhoop

When we were playing at White City and he was playing for Northampton, didn't one of our players run on to the pitch and attack him? Anyone remember?

I've read the reports recently from his book. To be fair he made nothing of it.

I think it was on the QPR Retro FB Page.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Theo Foley RIP on 19:16 - Jun 26 with 561 viewsBoston

Theo Foley RIP on 18:49 - Jun 26 by kernowhoop

Sure it’s not a load of ‘cobblers?’

Login to get fewer ads

Theo Foley RIP on 19:23 - Jun 26 with 546 viewsBoston

Theo Foley RIP on 18:35 - Jun 26 by TacticalR

He was great on the radio and always talked us up at a time when publicity wasn't so easy to come by.

👍 Always felt he was sympathetic to us and Millwall.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024