Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes 17:04 - Sep 26 with 1737 viewsconnell10

This boy has a lovely touch for a big un and he won flick on after flick , pity no one was running on to them, i think he could be a very good player .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dykes on 17:06 - Sep 26 with 1719 viewsLeedsR

Agreed. Just needs to develop the understanding with his teammates. That will come with time. Hope we can keep hold of BOS this season. These two once they click together could cause some real damage!!
Dykes on 17:09 - Sep 26 with 1680 viewsbosh67

He is a good player but we need another one up front with him so they feed off each other.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dykes on 17:10 - Sep 26 with 1664 viewsMalintabuk

Said on the thread he was my MOTM today. BOS was good and did some great work, but for me Dykes was the better player for 90 mins.
My worry is his support or lack of it.
Dykes on 17:21 - Sep 26 with 1568 viewsbosh67

Dykes on 17:10 - Sep 26 by Malintabuk

Said on the thread he was my MOTM today. BOS was good and did some great work, but for me Dykes was the better player for 90 mins.

I'd put BOS up with him. His pace would scare the sh*t out of CBs and release more space for Dykes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dykes on 17:22 - Sep 26 with 1560 viewsHunterhoop

Dykes on 17:10 - Sep 26 by Malintabuk

This is precisely why i want BOS one flank, Thomas/Smyth on the other, and Chair at 10. We are more likely to get men up supporting him with that front 4 then dropping one and playing Carrol, Amos and Cameron.

Thomas in particular looked to me like he knew to get closer and support him when the ball was on the other flank. And BOS made some excellent runs across the back 4.

I don't think that front 4 is that far off clicking and really getting through teams. Promising.
Dykes on 17:24 - Sep 26 with 1540 viewsgazza1

BOS and Kakay played well today and a few others, better than Dykes. Need to see a lot more of Dykes before I am ' singing his praises'.
Dykes on 17:26 - Sep 26 with 1524 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes on 17:21 - Sep 26 by bosh67

I'd put BOS up with him. His pace would scare the sh*t out of CBs and release more space for Dykes.

I think that BOS has looked lost up front, Bosh. Like a caged bird. He is excellent at running from deep. He may develop into a striker, but have we seen nothing to suggest it so far?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dykes on 17:28 - Sep 26 with 1510 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought his hold-up play was good, promising stuff in that department. He has work to do in the box, though. We put a lot of ball into the box today and you'd have to say he got on little of it and what he did get on stayed out of the net.

7/10. Well done. But work to do.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes on 17:29 - Sep 26 with 1496 viewsMalintabuk

Dykes on 17:22 - Sep 26 by Hunterhoop

This is precisely why i want BOS one flank, Thomas/Smyth on the other, and Chair at 10. We are more likely to get men up supporting him with that front 4 then dropping one and playing Carrol, Amos and Cameron.

Thomas in particular looked to me like he knew to get closer and support him when the ball was on the other flank. And BOS made some excellent runs across the back 4.

I don't think that front 4 is that far off clicking and really getting through teams. Promising.

Think that is pretty much spot on. I do fancy giving young Smyth a run but Warbs will need to drop one of Amos/Thomas and not sure he will do that.
I think Dykes would be better for another body with him. When we get forward we do seem to lack bodies in the box.
Some of them pull backs from BOS in the first half there was barely 2 in the box.......
Dykes on 17:29 - Sep 26 with 1496 viewstraininvain

Dykes on 17:26 - Sep 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I think that BOS has looked lost up front, Bosh. Like a caged bird. He is excellent at running from deep. He may develop into a striker, but have we seen nothing to suggest it so far?

Agreed. BOS much better out wide running at defenders.

Big fan of Dykes. Works very hard and must be a headache to defend against.
Dykes on 17:44 - Sep 26 with 1439 viewsbosh67

Dykes on 17:26 - Sep 26 by BrianMcCarthy

You may well be right but I feel that running at defences down the middle with that pace really does open up space for Dykes. Perhaps we could play 4-1-3-1-1 with Cameron or Ball protecting the back 4 and then a diamond in front of Dykes with BOS playing deeper behind him. I seem to remember De Canio playing that formation to good effect.

Never knowingly right.

Dykes on 17:51 - Sep 26 with 1397 viewsHunterhoop

Dykes on 17:44 - Sep 26 by bosh67

You may well be right but I feel that running at defences down the middle with that pace really does open up space for Dykes. Perhaps we could play 4-1-3-1-1 with Cameron or Ball protecting the back 4 and then a diamond in front of Dykes with BOS playing deeper behind him. I seem to remember De Canio playing that formation to good effect.

BOSH! Only a few years ago you kept banging on (like me!) about the need for width!

BOS is our best winger. He is getting back into it.He's owning full backs. Don't move him.

Play a Chair or Thomas at no. 10 as they're more likely to get up in closer proximity to Dykes. That isn't Amos' game. Like the first hour, he's better playing a little deeper.
Dykes on 17:53 - Sep 26 with 1390 views100percent

Dykes on 17:09 - Sep 26 by bosh67

He is a good player but we need another one up front with him so they feed off each other.

That's the missing link for me.
Dykes on 10:51 - Sep 27 with 1028 viewsconnell10

Dykes on 17:24 - Sep 26 by gazza1

BOS and Kakay played well today and a few others, better than Dykes. Need to see a lot more of Dykes before I am ' singing his praises'.

All about first touch with me so I'm calling it the lad is good.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dykes on 13:21 - Sep 27 with 847 viewsgazza1

Dykes on 10:51 - Sep 27 by connell10

All about first touch with me so I'm calling it the lad is good.

First touch is massive, as I say I need to see more of him and his first touch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024