Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extended highlights on the offish 09:31 - Nov 22 with 1171 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/highlights-qpr-1-watford-1-211120/

Entertaining game. A few things.

1. Where is the Tom Carroll hating coming from? Yes, he gives the ball away sometimes but he seems to be capable of doing a good impression of Faurlin when he's on it. And Faulin used to lose the ball sometimes as well. I like him. Links up play very well with that left foot.

2. The Barbet penalty... Is the ref giving it as a foul against Barbet still based on the foul in his own area in the Cardiff game? Saw it last night. What is the ref seeing and possibly even more to the point, how does the linesman not see it? Even my mate who is a Luton fan, who sent me the clip last night marked it as... In what universe is this not a penalty?

On the other hand Dykes did put the ball in later off his shoulder and arm. Something that was actually more difficult to spot.

Anyway, entertaining and some nice movement from us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Extended highlights on the offish on 09:49 - Nov 22 with 1141 viewsbakerloo8

1. Carrol is what he is, perhaps comparing him with Ale Faurlin is a bit unfair as Ale was levels above. Tom is an ok/decentish Championship midfielder, the cross for Dykes missed sitter was excellent.
2. Blatant peno. Ref has had a howler there.
Extended highlights on the offish on 10:20 - Nov 22 with 1092 viewsozranger

Extended highlights on the offish on 09:49 - Nov 22 by bakerloo8

1. Carrol is what he is, perhaps comparing him with Ale Faurlin is a bit unfair as Ale was levels above. Tom is an ok/decentish Championship midfielder, the cross for Dykes missed sitter was excellent.
2. Blatant peno. Ref has had a howler there.

I'm going to come in here to save Pinner.

Watch the replays. The ref is pointing to Cameron for his block. That is the decision he makes, which happened prior to Barbet being dragged down. The pointing is quite clear by the ref. I will not defend this as it is a little pedantic and everyone does it and coaches tell you to always block runs, but we just got the bad end of the stick on this one. Possibly nine out of ten times the block would have been let go (though Pinner may disagree with that number), but this was that one. Without the block, it was a clear penalty. Let it go and let's get to Rotherham on Tuesday and continue our good performances.
Extended highlights on the offish on 10:26 - Nov 22 with 1083 viewsbosh67

Extended highlights on the offish on 10:20 - Nov 22 by ozranger

Watch the replays. The ref is pointing to Cameron for his block. That is the decision he makes, which happened prior to Barbet being dragged down. The pointing is quite clear by the ref. I will not defend this as it is a little pedantic and everyone does it and coaches tell you to always block runs, but we just got the bad end of the stick on this one. Possibly nine out of ten times the block would have been let go (though Pinner may disagree with that number), but this was that one. Without the block, it was a clear penalty. Let it go and let's get to Rotherham on Tuesday and continue our good performances.

No no Oz. I think we should let this rage on for weeks!

I see your point with Cameron looking back at it. I think it is half of one and half of the other. The ref obviously went with the other.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Extended highlights on the offish on 11:07 - Nov 22 with 1039 viewskropotkin41

I thought the commentator on the highlights was good.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Extended highlights on the offish on 14:00 - Nov 22 with 937 viewsPinnerPaul

Extended highlights on the offish on 10:20 - Nov 22 by ozranger

Good spot, I didn't notice that live - sure I would have done when I watched the 90' tomorrow!

Still, and despite some people's perceptions, I'm not going to defend the ref here.

By penalising Cameron for something he is letting go at every other corner in the game he is just inventing a reason not to give the pen in my view - if you don't think its a pen, fine, or not so fine in this case, but just have the courage to wave play on.

Not sure what MW is on about re a couple of other decisions he wasn't happy with - possible missed yellow for the foul on Willock, but then Barbet's blatant body check probably deserved a yellow as well.

The foul on Kane, whilst not pretty is never a red and all the other pen shouts he rightly turned down I thought.
Extended highlights on the offish on 11:18 - Nov 23 with 814 viewsfrancisbowles

Extended highlights on the offish on 14:00 - Nov 22 by PinnerPaul

Good spot, I didn't notice that live - sure I would have done when I watched the 90' tomorrow!

Still, and despite some people's perceptions, I'm not going to defend the ref here.

By penalising Cameron for something he is letting go at every other corner in the game he is just inventing a reason not to give the pen in my view - if you don't think its a pen, fine, or not so fine in this case, but just have the courage to wave play on.

Not sure what MW is on about re a couple of other decisions he wasn't happy with - possible missed yellow for the foul on Willock, but then Barbet's blatant body check probably deserved a yellow as well.

The foul on Kane, whilst not pretty is never a red and all the other pen shouts he rightly turned down I thought.

Pinner, I agree with Clive, he has left the yellow cards in his pocket for too long. Another referee who allows cynical, repetitive fouls to go on with just the award of a free kick.
The foul on Kane should have been a second yellow.

FWIW, I also thought the foul on Bonne was a pen.

The Kane cross sees the defender turn sideways to the ball and stick his arm out at 90 degrees which the ball strikes. Similar to the Furlong incident this weekend, which was a pen, but more blatant.

I do agree with you about the Barbet incident though. The defender was pulling his shirt before and as the ball was kicked. The ref may have been looking for a reason not to give it.

When is a block an offence and when isn't it? How many times do we see defenders shielding the ball out over lines, effectively blocking a player from getting to it? The ball isn't in playing distance. Is that still the rule?
Extended highlights on the offish on 12:26 - Nov 23 with 736 viewsAntti_Heinola

Extended highlights on the offish on 11:18 - Nov 23 by francisbowles

Pinner, I agree with Clive, he has left the yellow cards in his pocket for too long. Another referee who allows cynical, repetitive fouls to go on with just the award of a free kick.

The Kane cross sees the defender turn sideways to the ball and stick his arm out at 90 degrees which the ball strikes. Similar to the Furlong incident this weekend, which was a pen, but more blatant.

I do agree with you about the Barbet incident though. The defender was pulling his shirt before and as the ball was kicked. The ref may have been looking for a reason not to give it.

When is a block an offence and when isn't it? How many times do we see defenders shielding the ball out over lines, effectively blocking a player from getting to it? The ball isn't in playing distance. Is that still the rule?

it's like the thing a defender does when a striker tries to chase down a short ball to the keeper and, 10 yards from the ball, the defender steps in his way. That never, ever gets called as a foul, even though it blatantly is, because the ball's so far away. It's miles worse than the tiny brush Cameron did, which didn't even impede the defender imo.

Bare bones.

Extended highlights on the offish on 13:14 - Nov 23 with 710 viewsPinnerPaul

Extended highlights on the offish on 11:18 - Nov 23 by francisbowles

On the last point, yes you're right (I'm impressed) you're only allowed to shield the ball if it is in playing distance.
Login to get fewer ads

Extended highlights on the offish on 19:55 - Nov 23 with 660 viewsfrancisbowles

Extended highlights on the offish on 13:14 - Nov 23 by PinnerPaul

On the last point, yes you're right (I'm impressed) you're only allowed to shield the ball if it is in playing distance.

Thanks. (I did my level three back in the early eightees). From what I have been watching for years now, I thought that the rule may have changed.
Extended highlights on the offish on 10:22 - Nov 24 with 547 viewsPinnerPaul

Extended highlights on the offish on 19:55 - Nov 23 by francisbowles

Thanks. (I did my level three back in the early eightees). From what I have been watching for years now, I thought that the rule may have changed.

No, its one of many that are 'ignored' if I'm being blunt or its down to 'game management' if I'm being PC!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024