Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Goal scorers" that have left us 06:43 - Nov 25 with 1117 viewscpgerber

We were worried about the 40 odd goal strike force that left, but looking at where we are now and the stats below, I am not too worried. For now.

Jordan Hugill: 1 goal, 11 apps
Eberechi Eze: 1 goal, 9 apps (big step up, we'll cut him some slack)
Nahki Wells: 3 goals, 13 apps

You could add Luke Freeman's 1 from 10.

Conor Washington with 5 from 14 is actually the most prolific recent ex-R around at the moment, I think. Followed by Matt Smith with 3 from 12.

Looks like we are a club suited for attacking players. Charlie Austin never quite the same after he left too. Makes me grateful for what we are doing at the club at the moment.

Has Manning even played a game at Swansea yet? From being a regular chipping in with a few goals and assists to forgotten. Understand the lure of more money, but that was a pretty poor career move.
"Goal scorers" that have left us on 07:15 - Nov 25 with 1047 viewsWatford_Ranger

It was a great move for Hugill though I think he’s picked up a bad injury. He was unlikely to oust Pukki to be first choice but he’ll be on great money as he approaches 30 and he’s a good option to bring on if you can afford £5m plus big wages for that luxury. Both he and Wells were a good fit for our defenceless style last year. Not sure either would have stayed fit for long in this mental fixture list.

Eze is being hamstrung by Hodgson’s dour tactics from the glimpses I’ve seen of him. Burnley away who you know will play a static 442 and you just match them up regardless with Eze, Ayew and Townsend in the team. Still, their fans really rate him.
"Goal scorers" that have left us on 08:31 - Nov 25 with 901 viewsnix

"Goal scorers" that have left us on 07:15 - Nov 25 by Watford_Ranger

It was a great move for Hugill though I think he’s picked up a bad injury. He was unlikely to oust Pukki to be first choice but he’ll be on great money as he approaches 30 and he’s a good option to bring on if you can afford £5m plus big wages for that luxury. Both he and Wells were a good fit for our defenceless style last year. Not sure either would have stayed fit for long in this mental fixture list.

Eze is being hamstrung by Hodgson’s dour tactics from the glimpses I’ve seen of him. Burnley away who you know will play a static 442 and you just match them up regardless with Eze, Ayew and Townsend in the team. Still, their fans really rate him.

Such a shame for Eze having to spend most of his time tracking back to act as an auxiliary defender and mainly being stuck out on the wing and not getting the ball where he can really hurt teams. But that free kick was sublime and as you say, their fans love him.

Apart from financially it wasn't a great move for Jordan. He clearly adores playing and he should be getting games. I didn't know he was injured but he's hardly started any games.

We've got two players in the top ten goal Championship goal scorers list, Chair and Dykes, both with four, which suggests, as we're not high up in overall team goals scored that we're not getting enough goals across the team. BOS has been unlucky hitting the bar, and shaving the post a few times, as has Willock. Ball has had a couple of great goalie saves, hitting their players on the line etc. If we have a game where it all comes together, and a bit of luck, we could have one of last season's Cardiff or Swansea. Bonne needs to contribute a bit more and maybe LTC could have a shot or two. Does he ever take free kicks as they're not working brilliantly atm?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 8:44]
"Goal scorers" that have left us on 08:39 - Nov 25 with 882 viewsHastings_Hoops

Paul Smyth is cutting the mustard at Charlton it would appear - not sure he falls into this category, on a couple of counts, but positive signs.
"Goal scorers" that have left us on 11:00 - Nov 25 with 754 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

To be fair to Eze, most of those appearances are from the bench.
"Goal scorers" that have left us on 11:37 - Nov 25 with 690 viewsAntti_Heinola

"Goal scorers" that have left us on 08:31 - Nov 25 by nix

Such a shame for Eze having to spend most of his time tracking back to act as an auxiliary defender and mainly being stuck out on the wing and not getting the ball where he can really hurt teams. But that free kick was sublime and as you say, their fans love him.

Apart from financially it wasn't a great move for Jordan. He clearly adores playing and he should be getting games. I didn't know he was injured but he's hardly started any games.

We've got two players in the top ten goal Championship goal scorers list, Chair and Dykes, both with four, which suggests, as we're not high up in overall team goals scored that we're not getting enough goals across the team. BOS has been unlucky hitting the bar, and shaving the post a few times, as has Willock. Ball has had a couple of great goalie saves, hitting their players on the line etc. If we have a game where it all comes together, and a bit of luck, we could have one of last season's Cardiff or Swansea. Bonne needs to contribute a bit more and maybe LTC could have a shot or two. Does he ever take free kicks as they're not working brilliantly atm?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 8:44]

I think good signs in recent games we're starting to look more dangerous again after our uncharacteristic barren spell.

I'd like to see Dykes getting some from open play though. There was a comment in the match thread about his movement, and I do think there's a combination of him not quite getting in the right positions and the delivery not quite being right. But I've still not seen anyone - not Hugill, not Wells - who has the sort of intelligent movement in the box Austin had. He was just brilliant at finding space in the box. Too often for me Dykes is behind a defender, or at the back post. I'd like to see more near post runs from him. But as a player i like him a lot, and am sure the goals will come.

Bare bones.

"Goal scorers" that have left us on 11:51 - Nov 25 with 652 viewsnix

"Goal scorers" that have left us on 11:37 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

I think good signs in recent games we're starting to look more dangerous again after our uncharacteristic barren spell.

I'd like to see Dykes getting some from open play though. There was a comment in the match thread about his movement, and I do think there's a combination of him not quite getting in the right positions and the delivery not quite being right. But I've still not seen anyone - not Hugill, not Wells - who has the sort of intelligent movement in the box Austin had. He was just brilliant at finding space in the box. Too often for me Dykes is behind a defender, or at the back post. I'd like to see more near post runs from him. But as a player i like him a lot, and am sure the goals will come.

Yes I agree, it's a combination of both. The more they play together the more they'll develop an understanding. So that Dykes will know when BOS is going to cross into the penalty spot or six yard box and make the run accordingly and BOS will anticipate Dykes' run and put it on the right spot.

I'd also like to see some more of the angled balls from midfield that have been so successful for him to run onto when he plays for Scotland that split the defence. For that we have to move the ball more quickly as otherwise they get cut out by midfielders dropping back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024