Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premiership TV Rights Auction to be scrapped 09:25 - Apr 28 with 3239 viewsLatticeR

Very Interesting Development following the European Super League Uproar from last week...But little time given to this story by Sky....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56911973
Premiership TV Rights Auction to be scrapped on 10:19 - Apr 28 with 3115 viewswood_hoop

Have stopped my Sky subscription as most games couldnt be bothered to watch and my few sheckels were only contributing to the lucridious amounts of money going to players etc.

My hope is we will still be able to buy the live feed off the club in future seasons, difficult for me to get to games nowadays so would be a real life saver in ways even beyond the covid crisis.
Premiership TV Rights Auction to be scrapped on 10:25 - Apr 28 with 3098 viewsdaveB

clever move by the Prem as if they go to an open auction again I doubt they will get the same money, this way they keep the tv money high
Premiership TV Rights Auction to be scrapped on 13:02 - Apr 28 with 2993 viewsAntti_Heinola

Premiership TV Rights Auction to be scrapped on 10:25 - Apr 28 by daveB

clever move by the Prem as if they go to an open auction again I doubt they will get the same money, this way they keep the tv money high

but why would broadcasters agree then? don't get it.

Bare bones.

Premiership TV Rights Auction to be scrapped on 17:47 - Apr 28 with 2796 viewsPinnerPaul

Premiership TV Rights Auction to be scrapped on 13:02 - Apr 28 by Antti_Heinola

Guaranteed contract is better than a bidding auction, incumbents might not win.
Premiership TV Rights Auction to be scrapped on 18:02 - Apr 28 with 2765 viewsdaveB

Premiership TV Rights Auction to be scrapped on 13:02 - Apr 28 by Antti_Heinola

Not sure they will but if they do means they know for sure they have Premier League football for years to come and can have a bit more security. As it stands a good chance Sky or BT could lose another bundle of live games which badly affects their business.
Premiership TV Rights Auction to be scrapped on 04:35 - Apr 29 with 2511 viewsnadera78

There have been a few TV contracts (football and other sports) renewed recently, and they all seem to be 20-25% down on previous deals. The PL is obviously concerned the same will happen to them, but I'm not sure the broadcasters will be so willing to simply roll over their existing deals. Depends if they see genuine potential to reduce their spend or not, I suppose Sky and BT might be concerned about a cashed-up Amazon bidding for more packages this time around.
Premiership TV Rights Auction to be scrapped on 09:54 - Apr 29 with 2348 viewsNorthernr

Premiership TV Rights Auction to be scrapped on 04:35 - Apr 29 by nadera78

There have been a few TV contracts (football and other sports) renewed recently, and they all seem to be 20-25% down on previous deals. The PL is obviously concerned the same will happen to them, but I'm not sure the broadcasters will be so willing to simply roll over their existing deals. Depends if they see genuine potential to reduce their spend or not, I suppose Sky and BT might be concerned about a cashed-up Amazon bidding for more packages this time around.

Yeh Sky Rugby League deal renewed yesterday with £20m knocked off the price, shafting the lower divisions in the process.
Premiership TV Rights Auction to be scrapped on 11:31 - Apr 29 with 2245 viewsdaveB

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevemccaskill/2021/04/29/amazon-dazn-or-disney-cou
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024