Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
30 Years Ago Today 09:25 - Mar 30 with 1006 viewsBrianMcCarthy

First win at Anfield, true.
Fine performance, true.
But what elevated this game to a classic was that we won despite the usual Anfield penalty.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

30 Years Ago Today on 10:04 - Mar 30 with 951 viewsMyke

Good to see that again Brian. What made me smile was the histrionics of the referee. The big decisions like the penalty and the booking were made with such drama! Also, some of Jan's saves were top drawer, but nobody even acknowledged them. If Dieng made a save like that nowadays, his defenders would be all over him with back-slaps etc
30 Years Ago Today on 10:17 - Mar 30 with 936 viewshantssi

Was just about to post this.
I remember it like it was yesterday as it’s the 30th anniversary of my 30th birthday, half a lifetime away!!
30 Years Ago Today on 10:19 - Mar 30 with 931 viewsCamberleyR

Good god, I'd forgotten Speedie ever played for Liverpool.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

30 Years Ago Today on 10:44 - Mar 30 with 883 viewsMoonshineSteve

That was a good day out. I remember going 2-0 up and being annoyed, because we were obviously going to lose and losing from 2-0 up would be embarrassing.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

30 Years Ago Today on 16:46 - Mar 30 with 677 viewswelwynranger

30 Years Ago Today on 10:44 - Mar 30 by MoonshineSteve

That was a good day out. I remember going 2-0 up and being annoyed, because we were obviously going to lose and losing from 2-0 up would be embarrassing.

Especially against Scouse.
It's something they would never do😂😂
30 Years Ago Today on 18:13 - Mar 30 with 618 viewsWatfordR

My favourite game of all the games I've ever been to. Made all the sweeter coming out of the away end to be attacked by a "lovable" scouse granny, swinging her handbag at us and telling us to "f@ck off back to London"
30 Years Ago Today on 18:41 - Mar 30 with 598 viewsqueensparker

I've never seen us play at Anfield, my only experience of the ground was when I had a job flogging T-shirts during Euro 96 around various northern grounds. Was a good gig, money for old rope, and you got to watch one half of the game as well.

Until we got to Anfield, when the whole time was fighting a rear guard action against gangs of marauding kids sneaking round the back of the stall, grabbing stuff, endlessly begging for free stuff and threatening to get their Dads round. It was like they'd all watched Harry Enfield and decided to copy it
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 18:45]
30 Years Ago Today on 21:16 - Mar 30 with 488 viewsdistortR

30 Years Ago Today on 18:13 - Mar 30 by WatfordR

My favourite game of all the games I've ever been to. Made all the sweeter coming out of the away end to be attacked by a "lovable" scouse granny, swinging her handbag at us and telling us to "f@ck off back to London"

we got drinking with a Cornish rugby team in Yates, some of them came to the game with us! Great day out, cheers for reminding us, Brian.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024