Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
refs 18:20 - May 31 with 1476 viewsdigswellhoop

maybe madley wanted var to get him out of a very poor decision if a championship ref was in charge he would nohow our league works
refs on 18:31 - May 31 with 1440 viewsstowmarketrange

It didn’t look a penalty to me.If there was any contact at all it was outside the area.
When you think a whole season’s effort has gone up in smoke because of one split second decision made by 1 man who,wasn’t up with the play,it seems strange that var isn’t used.
refs on 18:46 - May 31 with 1414 viewsWatford_Ranger

He mostly refs at that level now I believe after giving up the job for a while over those... unusual allegations.

Gutter for Newport who also should have had a penalty of their own albeit one you almost never see given. Just an honest mistake for the one that was given, probably not helped by refereeing in that heat into extra-time which can’t help decision-making.
refs on 18:56 - May 31 with 1384 viewsstowmarketrange

refs on 18:46 - May 31 by Watford_Ranger

He mostly refs at that level now I believe after giving up the job for a while over those... unusual allegations.

Gutter for Newport who also should have had a penalty of their own albeit one you almost never see given. Just an honest mistake for the one that was given, probably not helped by refereeing in that heat into extra-time which can’t help decision-making.

It was in the 1st minute of the 2nd period of extra time,so he should’ve been a little bit more rested,but some refs are twice the age of some of the players they’re trying to keep up with,so I’m not saying it’s an easy task.
refs on 11:33 - Jun 1 with 1125 viewsPinnerPaul

I would say AR would have advised him that the foul was in the area, or at least finished in the area or on the line, both of which means its a pen.
refs on 11:40 - Jun 1 with 1105 viewsJuzzie

refs on 11:33 - Jun 1 by PinnerPaul

I would say AR would have advised him that the foul was in the area, or at least finished in the area or on the line, both of which means its a pen.

I never understood this 'finished in the area' aspect. If the foul starts outside the area then it's a free kick I would have thought. Sometime fouls don't just happen on the spot, it does maybe take a few feet before it's finished but if it started outside the area then it's not a pen.

Slight exaggeration but a player could get fouled on the halfway line then string it out all the way to the penalty area and suddenly roll and writhe around with all the usual theatrics & pained agony expression and claim a penalty.
refs on 14:13 - Jun 1 with 1009 viewsPinnerPaul

Law says that if foul starts outside then finishes inside its a pen, don't blame the messenger ( I know you weren't) but that's what the good book says.

On the OP's point re level of ref - Championship po was done by a PL ref, League 1 by a Championship ref and L2 by Madeley who mainly, at the moment, operates in L1 - so all pretty consistent.
refs on 17:27 - Jun 1 with 919 viewsdenhamhoop2

refs on 14:13 - Jun 1 by PinnerPaul

Law says that if foul starts outside then finishes inside its a pen, don't blame the messenger ( I know you weren't) but that's what the good book says.

On the OP's point re level of ref - Championship po was done by a PL ref, League 1 by a Championship ref and L2 by Madeley who mainly, at the moment, operates in L1 - so all pretty consistent.

So basically it is a teams interest to get Bob Beamon up front as he could be out on the wing and still land in the area
refs on 18:57 - Jun 1 with 864 viewsMick_S

refs on 11:40 - Jun 1 by Juzzie

I never understood this 'finished in the area' aspect. If the foul starts outside the area then it's a free kick I would have thought. Sometime fouls don't just happen on the spot, it does maybe take a few feet before it's finished but if it started outside the area then it's not a pen.

Slight exaggeration but a player could get fouled on the halfway line then string it out all the way to the penalty area and suddenly roll and writhe around with all the usual theatrics & pained agony expression and claim a penalty.

I’d pay to see that, Juzzie, with some proper circus music accompaniment.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

refs on 14:12 - Jun 2 with 712 viewsPinnerPaul

refs on 17:27 - Jun 1 by denhamhoop2

So basically it is a teams interest to get Bob Beamon up front as he could be out on the wing and still land in the area

Not where he falls, where the last foul contact with the defender is.
refs on 14:26 - Jun 2 with 691 viewsgazza1

refs on 14:13 - Jun 1 by PinnerPaul

I believe, if a foul play is made outside the box then it is not a pen but if a foul is committed inside the box then it is a pen.
refs on 14:56 - Jun 2 with 679 viewsPinnerPaul

refs on 14:26 - Jun 2 by gazza1

I believe, if a foul play is made outside the box then it is not a pen but if a foul is committed inside the box then it is a pen.

Yep, but if, as I said, it starts outside, but continues inside, its a pen.
refs on 16:29 - Jun 2 with 635 viewsgazza1

refs on 14:56 - Jun 2 by PinnerPaul

Yep, but if, as I said, it starts outside, but continues inside, its a pen.

No debate about that.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024