Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greedy UEFA fleecing fans. 16:43 - Jul 2 with 1387 viewsSnipper

With the multiple sponsors of this tournament, and the tv rights, UEFA aren’t short of a few bob.

They bang on and on about it being about the fans, so why are they fleecing the fans for tickets for not only this tournament, but Champions League too?

I was on the UEFA ticket website yesterday trying for tickets, but the prices were astronomical. I did try to purchase two for the possible semi final, but every time I clicked to buy, I was informed I was out of time. Category 2 tickets were about €450-500.

They need to make it cheaper for fans.
Greedy UEFA fleecing fans. on 16:52 - Jul 2 with 1355 views80s_Boy

Call me a cynic but its aimed at trying to ensure that they have the 'right type of fan' in the grounds for thee showcase events.

I've been very lucky to follow England over Europe from matches in Lithuania and San Marino to more glamourous matches against Germany, France and Italy and although it's not exclusively working class (when was football last like that anyway and it's financially impossible for some legacy fans to travel just for football) but the fans who travel are just normal fans for the most part.

At tournaments after the group stages this goes out of the window and it's a whole different crowd for the most part. Purposely priced out in my opinion.
Greedy UEFA fleecing fans. on 16:58 - Jul 2 with 1337 viewsstowmarketrange

I think they should do more to stop the reselling of tickets,unless it’s back to them for resale at the proper price.There are always people who take a chance on their country getting to the later stages and buy tickets,but the system is geared to allow them to be resold at vastly inflated prices.
But all the time there are mugs like me who sometimes buy them,it will continue.
This reduced capacity due to covid doesn’t help either.
Greedy UEFA fleecing fans. on 17:12 - Jul 2 with 1300 views80s_Boy

Greedy UEFA fleecing fans. on 16:58 - Jul 2 by stowmarketrange

I think they should do more to stop the reselling of tickets,unless it’s back to them for resale at the proper price.There are always people who take a chance on their country getting to the later stages and buy tickets,but the system is geared to allow them to be resold at vastly inflated prices.
But all the time there are mugs like me who sometimes buy them,it will continue.
This reduced capacity due to covid doesn’t help either.

That's why I think National associations should take responsibility for selling tickets.

For England away games 70% of tickets are available on a loyalty points system and just 30% to others but everyone has to collect tickets in the host city with ID required.

Few would travel just to sell tickets they've been allocated and allowing the distribution in this manner would severely restrict touts.
Greedy UEFA fleecing fans. on 17:29 - Jul 2 with 1238 viewsstowmarketrange

Greedy UEFA fleecing fans. on 17:12 - Jul 2 by 80s_Boy

That's why I think National associations should take responsibility for selling tickets.

For England away games 70% of tickets are available on a loyalty points system and just 30% to others but everyone has to collect tickets in the host city with ID required.

Few would travel just to sell tickets they've been allocated and allowing the distribution in this manner would severely restrict touts.

The Euro website says that you aren’t guaranteed to get in with a ticket bought anywhere except from the official site,but we all know it won’t be enforced.They said the same for the cricket World Cup final,but nobody challenged me that I didn’t look like mrs Singh when I arrived at Lords.
And these sites selling tickets don’t mention that you might not get in.

I had a spare ticket for Iron Maiden at the O2 a couple of years ago and I sold it on viagogo for virtually face value,but the O2 insisted that I could only get in by arriving together and showing the Visa card I bought it with.I spent 2 weeks telling viagogo that I couldn’t send the ticket and would have to meet the buyer at the O2 on the night.
I did everything I could do but they cancelled my sale and then charged me £40 to replace his ticket that I had on my phone.
I swore that I’d never deal with them again,but I relented after 6 months and bought a pair of Italian rugby tickets from them.

Unfortunately they hold all the aces once they’ve got your debit card details.
Greedy UEFA fleecing fans. on 19:20 - Jul 2 with 1087 viewsJuzzie

“For the fans” is about as truthful as a Boris Johnson election promise.

UEFA are a business and like any business they are out to make money.
Greedy UEFA fleecing fans. on 21:57 - Jul 2 with 896 viewsbollockchops

bring back Sepp Blatter !
Greedy UEFA fleecing fans. on 00:33 - Jul 3 with 797 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mate just paid £360 nicker for a SF ticket that might end up Denmark v Ukraine.

(Insert joke about disappointing semis)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024