Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baggies/Blades 09:14 - Aug 19 with 1719 viewsTheChef

Caught some of the game last night, have to say Baggies looked very good but then equally Blades looked very bad.

Seems that Ismael has got them playing Barnsleyball with the frenetic high press, but given the better quality players he now has, it can be a lot more effective. If they can keep that up for all 46 games then it's most likely they will be going straight back up.

Blades looked all over the shop and barring a miracle I don't think they will be bothering the top spots. Robinson still looked pretty good at the back (forgot he had moved there); Freeman came on late as a sub and showed some nice touches but what a waste of a talent. Can we tempt him back??

Nice as well to see Furlong have a very solid game and get the MOTM award too.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Baggies/Blades on 09:17 - Aug 19 with 1698 viewsDWQPR

Be interesting to see if their ageing squad can maintain the Barnsleyball approach all season in this league. Also looks like the Blades keeper had a bit of a mare.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Baggies/Blades on 10:13 - Aug 19 with 1567 viewsLazyFan

Baggies/Blades on 09:17 - Aug 19 by DWQPR

Be interesting to see if their ageing squad can maintain the Barnsleyball approach all season in this league. Also looks like the Blades keeper had a bit of a mare.

This is worrying as they will look for a keeper now that they have sold theirs and can see the replacement is crap.

They could go after Dieng. I hope we get £8m for him.

zzzzzzzzzz

Baggies/Blades on 10:55 - Aug 19 with 1503 viewsMalintabuk

Don't think I would want Freeman back he kinda plays Jojo role and so would we need him.
Rather if we could tempt a returnee it would be Hugill or Wells
Think Wells would score quite a few in this team..... but don't think we will get either and more to the point would Warbs want either.
I'm not a great Dykes fan but the lad as scored 2 in 3 and you can't knock that.
Just worry if he was carrying a knock last night will Chaz be ready for 90mins
Baggies/Blades on 11:25 - Aug 19 with 1455 viewsTheChef

Baggies/Blades on 10:55 - Aug 19 by Malintabuk

Don't think I would want Freeman back he kinda plays Jojo role and so would we need him.
Rather if we could tempt a returnee it would be Hugill or Wells
Think Wells would score quite a few in this team..... but don't think we will get either and more to the point would Warbs want either.
I'm not a great Dykes fan but the lad as scored 2 in 3 and you can't knock that.
Just worry if he was carrying a knock last night will Chaz be ready for 90mins

I think Freeman would be playing further ahead as an option alongside Chair or Willock. Anyway, very unlikely that will happen!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Baggies/Blades on 11:29 - Aug 19 with 1441 viewsCamberleyR

Sheff U look to me in danger of doing a Sunderland and dropping straight from the Prem through to League One. They were a shambles last night.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Baggies/Blades on 11:39 - Aug 19 with 1401 viewssaxbend

Maybe, but there's just as much chance of them turning it around and getting promoted. 43 games later the league table won't look anything like how it does now.
Baggies/Blades on 11:43 - Aug 19 with 1372 viewsRussian__Bot

Baggies/Blades on 10:13 - Aug 19 by LazyFan

This is worrying as they will look for a keeper now that they have sold theirs and can see the replacement is crap.

Ramsdale is going for £30m and you hope we get £8m for Dieng. I don't understand that

Genuinely if it was a hypothetical choice between us having Dieng or Ramsdale for the next 4 years on the same wages then losing them on a free... I would choose Seny over Ramsdale no question

I think he's a better keeper.

So don't understand you hope we get around 1/4 the value that Ramsdale goes for
Baggies/Blades on 12:02 - Aug 19 with 1346 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Baggies/Blades on 10:13 - Aug 19 by LazyFan

What if they offer more?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Baggies/Blades on 12:06 - Aug 19 with 1335 viewsCamberleyR

Baggies/Blades on 11:39 - Aug 19 by saxbend

Maybe, but there's just as much chance of them turning it around and getting promoted. 43 games later the league table won't look anything like how it does now.

It IS early days but I'd be slightly worried if I was a fan. They gave out some stats last night for them and they are currently 24th out of 24 in goals scored (yet to score), shots on target (just five) and pass completion. That losing mentality from last season has hung over to this season.

One positive for them is that in Jokanovic they have a proven manager who has twice got teams promoted from this division but he has a big job to turn them around.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Baggies/Blades on 11:16 - Aug 20 with 1085 viewsTomS

I'm not surprised at their lack of success in front of goal at all, it has been well flagged. They simply don't have goalscoring forwards. In 2019/20, they scored 39 goals in the Premier League, but still managed to secure a mid table position as their defence was excellent. They only scored 20 league goals last season.

What really surprised me was to see them among the favourites to score the most goals in the Championship this season. We were about 20/1 and are now down to about 12/1. I don't know whether you can do each way betting on that market.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024