Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David bowie 15:01 - Oct 23 with 2325 viewsqpr_1968

did anyone on here see him live, and was he up there with live performers..
only ever bought a few of his records, the aladin sane album, and later on greatist hits.
obviously a talented bloke, but did'nt really get him.

favourite song by him, modern love.

went to see his works at the va museum just after he died, that was pretty good.

only reason i put this up is because they played one of his records on a 1991 top of the pops, Tin machine, never heard of it......

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

David bowie on 15:16 - Oct 23 with 1889 viewsRs_Holy

I saw him at Wembley on the Glass Spider tour. It is widely felt that the Glass Spider was his worst album and unfortunately the concert was a bit disappointing. He played very few of the classics and it was underwhelming … wish I’d seen him a few years earlier on the Serious Moonlight tour…
David bowie on 16:16 - Oct 23 with 1832 viewsStanisgod

I saw him 1973 at Earls Court on the Ziggy tour, still one of the best concerts ive seen.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

David bowie on 17:01 - Oct 23 with 1802 viewsLanhoop

Yeah, went to the Serious Moonlight tour at MK Bowl. He was everything I'd hoped he would be.
David bowie on 17:01 - Oct 23 with 1802 viewsRangersDave

he was on my bucket list, so unfortunately no.

However i do garner solice in the 'super group' Holy Holy, and hold a personal treasure of Tony's used plectrum.

Check em out of you can get tickets....nearest to Bowie you will now get!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

David bowie on 17:04 - Oct 23 with 1797 viewsCiderwithRsie

With respect, if Modern Love is your favourite Bowie song, that probably explains why you didn't really get him - it's my favourite off that album, but Let's Dance is probably the least "Bowie" of any of his good/successful albums and led him into a series of duds before he came back.

It might be that he's just not for you. The Tin machine albums were commercial and critical failures but probably more true to his own voice.
David bowie on 17:08 - Oct 23 with 1783 viewsMyke

David bowie on 15:16 - Oct 23 by Rs_Holy

I saw him at Wembley on the Glass Spider tour. It is widely felt that the Glass Spider was his worst album and unfortunately the concert was a bit disappointing. He played very few of the classics and it was underwhelming … wish I’d seen him a few years earlier on the Serious Moonlight tour…

I'm a massive fan so his Glass Spider gig in Slane in 1987 was a massive disappointment. Visually quite impressive, but only recognised a few songs. Wish I had seen his Alladin Sane concert... 'Major Tom' one of my all time favourite songs
David bowie on 17:19 - Oct 23 with 1772 viewscharmr

Again Serious moon light tour at MK Bowl, excellent.

I think Nike Rodgers was on guitar and amazing as well as the drummer.

My mate was a huge Bowie fan, more then me, and was delirious most of the show, we got quite close and even took home an inflatable star. Became inflated very quickly.
David bowie on 17:24 - Oct 23 with 1768 viewsRangersDave

David bowie on 17:19 - Oct 23 by charmr

Again Serious moon light tour at MK Bowl, excellent.

I think Nike Rodgers was on guitar and amazing as well as the drummer.

My mate was a huge Bowie fan, more then me, and was delirious most of the show, we got quite close and even took home an inflatable star. Became inflated very quickly.

Interesting story.... for the MK gig, my ex was walking from MK station to the bowl ( a long way apparently) when a car pulls up next to her and her female friend.

The rear window goes down and a bloke sticks his head out and says to them both, 'excuse me, is this the right way to the concert?'

They both said 'yes it is', and the chap said 'thanks, would you girls like a lift?' to which they looked at each other, and said 'no thanks', more suspicious of this guy than the lift.

He says ok and toddles off in his motor, and it suddenly clicks who he was, and they blew the chance of a lifetimes bragging rights.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

David bowie on 17:31 - Oct 23 with 1756 viewscollegeranger

Saw him MK Bowl 1983 Serious Moonlight Tour - mesmerising

1987 Wembley Glass Spider Tour - as others said wasn't the greatest as he played a lot of newer stuff for that time but swapped a large bottle of scrumpy jack for a big Tesco's bag of weed in the crowd - so later part of the gig I don't remember!

1990 MK Bowl "Sound + Vision Tour" - Fantastic but I think he did a few Tin Machine songs that flattened the mood for couple of songs! Still wear that Tour T-Shirt - was black more grey now !!

1995 Wembley Arena - Outside Tour - Mixture of old and new - great gig and I thought Outside was a great album

Then finally in 2003 - Wembley Arena - A Reality Tour - Again mixture of old and new and my personal highlight was he did 5 Years and thats one my Top 5 Bowie songs.

Biggest regret is that I passed up on later gigs and never got to see him again.
David bowie on 17:55 - Oct 23 with 1725 viewswelwynranger

David bowie on 16:16 - Oct 23 by Stanisgod

I saw him 1973 at Earls Court on the Ziggy tour, still one of the best concerts ive seen.

Agreed. I was there too
David bowie on 18:11 - Oct 23 with 1704 viewsHarbour

Saw him at Wembley for seriousl moonlight tour a bit disappointing terrible sound and he seemed a bit bored. Shame as I really like Bowie. The Glastonbury gig was awesome probably one of his best live gigs.
David bowie on 18:34 - Oct 23 with 1664 viewsLythamR

saw Bowie in 78 at Earls Court, I thought he was fantastic covered a lot of Ziggy through Heroes, i remember being disappointed that they didnt do Sweet Thing but you cant have everything, a cherished memory
David bowie on 18:40 - Oct 23 with 1647 viewsEsox_Lucius

I was/am a huge Bowie fan but paradoxically the only time I ever saw him live was as David Jones. I was introduced to him by Sandy & Russ from the Pink Fairies at a one of their gigs.

The grass is always greener.

David bowie on 21:11 - Oct 23 with 1551 viewsmikeygunn

Glastonbury 2000. Amazing. It’s still great when I watch it back on tv.
David bowie on 22:16 - Oct 23 with 1513 viewsPeterHucker

Saw him at Phoenix Festival in 1996 then again at Shepherd's Bush Empire in 1997.
The last half of the Phoenix gig was particularly amazing Heroes, White Light White Heat, Under Pressure, Lust For Life, Man Who Sold The World and finishing with one of my all time favourites Moonage Daydream
David bowie on 22:30 - Oct 23 with 1495 viewsqpr_1968

David bowie on 17:04 - Oct 23 by CiderwithRsie

With respect, if Modern Love is your favourite Bowie song, that probably explains why you didn't really get him - it's my favourite off that album, but Let's Dance is probably the least "Bowie" of any of his good/successful albums and led him into a series of duds before he came back.

It might be that he's just not for you. The Tin machine albums were commercial and critical failures but probably more true to his own voice.

cheers for the reply cider, makes sense in what your saying.
loved his clothes fashion post 80's.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

David bowie on 22:34 - Oct 23 with 1491 viewsNorthantsHoop

1983 on the Serious Moonlight tour at the MK Bowl, Bowie was fab. Was there with Son of Northolt he wore his 1982 red QPR FA Cup final shirt.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 22:35]
David bowie on 22:56 - Oct 23 with 1464 viewsjohann28

David bowie on 18:34 - Oct 23 by LythamR

saw Bowie in 78 at Earls Court, I thought he was fantastic covered a lot of Ziggy through Heroes, i remember being disappointed that they didnt do Sweet Thing but you cant have everything, a cherished memory

Yes was there too. Wasn't a fan but got dragged along by my sister, and was instantly converted - fabulous evening.

By the way - we picked up tickets the week before for £5. Just sayin'.
David bowie on 23:56 - Oct 23 with 1425 viewsdezzar

Was at that 1983 Milton Keynes Bowl thing ,well pissed , cant remember the gig but ended up with a loveley Manx girl xx went with a few non iron mates mad weekend. I loved the seventies stuff he did
David bowie on 00:24 - Oct 24 with 1409 viewsBoston

Had a drink / chat with him once, 88 or 89, Shepherds Bush.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

David bowie on 19:51 - Oct 24 with 1291 viewsessextaxiboy

I saw him.live on the Heroes tour .The tube journey was surreal with all the fans dressed as his characters ..
David bowie on 20:21 - Oct 24 with 1270 viewsT_Block

I have seen him twice, both very underwhelming.He lacked stage presence ,music ok but nothing special.Second concert was with Morrissey supporting.
Morrissey has a shamanistic quality which seemed to control the crowd the contrast with Bowie was stark.Did not expect that and was shocked,
David bowie on 21:38 - Oct 24 with 1227 viewsVancouverHoop

David bowie on 18:40 - Oct 23 by Esox_Lucius

I was/am a huge Bowie fan but paradoxically the only time I ever saw him live was as David Jones. I was introduced to him by Sandy & Russ from the Pink Fairies at a one of their gigs.

Yeah. Davy Jones and the Lockermen. Bowes Lyon House, Stevenage back in the mid-60s. Also as David Bowie and the Buzz, a year or so later at the same place. He nearly started a riot among the local moddie boys by blowing kisses at them.

Since then I caught him when he was famous during the Station to Station tour here in Vancouver at Pacific Coliseum. IIRC It was a track by track performance, all black and white. Beginning with the 1920's short silent movie Un Chien Andolou where a woman's eyeball is sliced open with razor. The audience, many of whom were wearing Alladinsane face-paint etc. weren't quite ready for it. Air-sickness bags should have been supplied.
David bowie on 22:37 - Oct 24 with 1198 viewsPaddyhoops

David bowie on 17:08 - Oct 23 by Myke

I'm a massive fan so his Glass Spider gig in Slane in 1987 was a massive disappointment. Visually quite impressive, but only recognised a few songs. Wish I had seen his Alladin Sane concert... 'Major Tom' one of my all time favourite songs

Interesting you should say that Myke. That Slane gig was the first one I missed after a run of five successive Slane shows.
I departed for these shores that year and was no longer resident in Ireland.
Love to have seen him live. An amazing artist who was the star turn at Live aid. Thomas Dolby played keyboards at that show.
Ashes to ashes is an truly brilliant song and stands the test of time.
David bowie on 23:35 - Oct 24 with 1169 viewsRamseyR

A mate was a big fan, so three of us went to the MK Bowl for the Serious Moonlight tour. He had The Beat supporting. I don't really do large gigs, and wasn't a fan of the whole outdoor vibe, but is nice to say I've seen him. Personally I thought it was too late to see him as he was past his best, but in reality with the passage of time, some look back on this as another of his classic eras

Was a right b*stard getting out though. Had to kip in a mini until about 4.00am to get out of the car park
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024