Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager 08:05 - Jan 31 with 2868 viewsnumptydumpty

If Mark Warburtons name was Jose or Javier what's the likelihood a Premier league club would already have come calling.

Also if Mr Warburton had a stellar club and country career as a player, what's the likelihood a Premier league club would have already come calling.

Not complaining. Just saying.

He is not either he is ours, hope for many years to come !!!!!

[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 8:06]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 08:17 - Jan 31 with 2804 viewssuperstan

Marco Warburtoni.
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 08:18 - Jan 31 with 2807 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Regardless of the division, Mark will do well with any club looking to make the transition from financial shithouse to stable and self sustainability, especially with a Hoos type

A second stint at Forest would be a good place for him next.

We should bookmark this thread by the way, as when (not if) we go up and struggle he’ll be battered again.
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 08:24 - Jan 31 with 2784 viewstraininvain

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 08:18 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Regardless of the division, Mark will do well with any club looking to make the transition from financial shithouse to stable and self sustainability, especially with a Hoos type

We should bookmark this thread by the way, as when (not if) we go up and struggle he’ll be battered again.

Struggling to see how a stint at Forest has been good for any manager since Clough!

The most shrewd managers pick jobs carefully. I see Rooney didn’t entertain interest from Everton. I wonder why…
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 08:41 - Jan 31 with 2732 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 08:24 - Jan 31 by traininvain

Struggling to see how a stint at Forest has been good for any manager since Clough!

The most shrewd managers pick jobs carefully. I see Rooney didn’t entertain interest from Everton. I wonder why…

If Forest have the same Road to Damascus moment we did (including £42m fine) they’ll be a force in 10 years or so.
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 08:43 - Jan 31 with 2736 viewsdmm

I do agree but I've never seen the words 'Rooney' and 'shrewd' in the same sentence before!
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 09:00 - Jan 31 with 2660 viewstraininvain

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 08:41 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

If Forest have the same Road to Damascus moment we did (including £42m fine) they’ll be a force in 10 years or so.

Potentially but that’s a big if and I’m not seeing any signs of that happening at the moment.

I just can’t see Warburton going back to Forest.
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 09:19 - Jan 31 with 2576 viewsDWQPR

I think that Warbs has a job for life here. Once he eventually gives up the day job I think he’ll move upstairs. The guy is a perfect fit for QPR.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 09:55 - Jan 31 with 2488 viewsrobith

Was discussing in the pub on Saturday, if we went up you know full well we'd have fans calling for his head by October
Login to get fewer ads

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 10:00 - Jan 31 with 2469 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 09:55 - Jan 31 by robith

Was discussing in the pub on Saturday, if we went up you know full well we'd have fans calling for his head by October

I’m sure TacticalR can find a thread where we demanded Warnock go before we won at Everton away.
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 10:25 - Jan 31 with 2392 viewsLongsufferingR

The argument falls down a bit when you look at Graham Potter!
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 10:26 - Jan 31 with 2381 viewsPunteR

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 10:00 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m sure TacticalR can find a thread where we demanded Warnock go before we won at Everton away.

We..?
I didn't.
However Warnock is a proven top championship manager but the Premier League doesn't really suit his style of management judging by his history so it's not hard to imagine some fans being a bit jumpy.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 10:33 - Jan 31 with 2352 viewsPunteR

I reckon Warburton is capable to mix it up with the big boys of the Premier league if the players are right. Let's get there first before worrying about fans wanting him out.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 10:37 - Jan 31 with 2351 viewsed_83

Yep, definitely think his age and background outside of football mean he gets overlooked a bit, although tbf his CV before us was solid rather than mindblowing. Plays attractive football, generally improves the players he works with, has a properly modern approach to the game.

I suspect people will be taking more notice after the 12 months we’ve had, but I get the sense he wants to see through the process he’s started with us, especially if we get promoted. If he keeps us competitive on our budget without taking us up, then I can see lower Prem / upper Championship clubs starting to take more of an interest.
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 18:31 - Jan 31 with 2123 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 10:37 - Jan 31 by ed_83

Yep, definitely think his age and background outside of football mean he gets overlooked a bit, although tbf his CV before us was solid rather than mindblowing. Plays attractive football, generally improves the players he works with, has a properly modern approach to the game.

I suspect people will be taking more notice after the 12 months we’ve had, but I get the sense he wants to see through the process he’s started with us, especially if we get promoted. If he keeps us competitive on our budget without taking us up, then I can see lower Prem / upper Championship clubs starting to take more of an interest.

The only difference between us, Forest, Rangers, and Brentford is that we uncharacteristically showed some patience.
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 13:01 - Feb 2 with 1804 viewsNewBee

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 18:31 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

The only difference between us, Forest, Rangers, and Brentford is that we uncharacteristically showed some patience.

Cant/won't speak for Forest or Rangers, but under Benham, Brentford are as patient a club as you'll find.

Rosler - 2 1/2 years before he left for a bigger job, with the club's good wishes;

Warburton - 18 mths. before he left of his own accord. He didn't like a revamped job spec, but neither was he sacked;

Dijkhuizen - Promoted from within, sacked after four months/9 games;

Smith - Left for a bigger job after 3 years, with the club's good wishes;

Frank - Never a 1st team manager before BFC and now already over 3 years in the job (5th longest in PL). This despite just four points from his first 10 games. Club finished 11th in his first season and bombed out in the P/Offs in his second, but they stuck by him for another go, rather than going for a "name". Currently as secure as any manager in the PL.

[Re. Dijkhuizen, rather than "give him until Christmas etc", the owner held up his hands, admitted his mistake and cut his losses early. Dijkhuizen has done nothing much in management since, bar getting sacked early. Twice.]
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 13:03 - Feb 2 with 1795 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 13:01 - Feb 2 by NewBee

Cant/won't speak for Forest or Rangers, but under Benham, Brentford are as patient a club as you'll find.

Rosler - 2 1/2 years before he left for a bigger job, with the club's good wishes;

Warburton - 18 mths. before he left of his own accord. He didn't like a revamped job spec, but neither was he sacked;

Dijkhuizen - Promoted from within, sacked after four months/9 games;

Smith - Left for a bigger job after 3 years, with the club's good wishes;

Frank - Never a 1st team manager before BFC and now already over 3 years in the job (5th longest in PL). This despite just four points from his first 10 games. Club finished 11th in his first season and bombed out in the P/Offs in his second, but they stuck by him for another go, rather than going for a "name". Currently as secure as any manager in the PL.

[Re. Dijkhuizen, rather than "give him until Christmas etc", the owner held up his hands, admitted his mistake and cut his losses early. Dijkhuizen has done nothing much in management since, bar getting sacked early. Twice.]

In regards to yourselves, I’ll add freedom too.

The change obviously worked for you but at the end of the day you clearly let a talented manager go.
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 13:14 - Feb 2 with 1767 viewsNewBee

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 13:03 - Feb 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

The change obviously worked for you but at the end of the day you clearly let a talented manager go.

There's no doubt Warburton has improved as a manager sice he left BFC.

But the real problem at Brentford was that he wanted to be more of a Manager than a Head Coach. In particular, he wanted the final say over transfers, both in and out.

BFC were happy to give him an input, but only as part of a recruitment team, so they parted company.

And while you're understandably happy to have him, Bees are equally happy with what we've got instead.

In particular, we are happy with our recruitment in the 6 1/2 years since.

Very happy.
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 13:15 - Feb 2 with 1765 viewsTheChef

Good point. Can I be the first to start the #warburtonout?

I mean look what happened to Warnock...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 13:35 - Feb 2 with 1715 viewsNorthantsHoop

Warbs would do OK in the Premier League. It is all about getting a foothold there first, and with sensible spending, less panic than previously happened it is achievable. Being a bit of a dreamer it does feel very similar to the Venables era in the early 80s and a buzz around the club again.
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 13:53 - Feb 2 with 1656 viewsNewBee

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 13:03 - Feb 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Talent is essential, no doubt.

But it's not the only criterion, a manager has also to be the right "fit" for the club which is employing him.

And Warburton didn't help his case by chasing after other jobs while still securely in place at BFC - the club who had given him his first break in senior football.
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 13:57 - Feb 2 with 1644 viewsTheChef

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 13:53 - Feb 2 by NewBee

Talent is essential, no doubt.

But it's not the only criterion, a manager has also to be the right "fit" for the club which is employing him.

And Warburton didn't help his case by chasing after other jobs while still securely in place at BFC - the club who had given him his first break in senior football.

Who was he chasing?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 14:42 - Feb 2 with 1575 viewsNewBee

Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 13:57 - Feb 2 by TheChef

Who was he chasing?

Can't remember exactly who, but it was clubs (plural). Seem to recall one of them was WBA?

Meanwhile, here is the official story he gave for his departure - nothing too objectionable here:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/17/brentford-sack-manager-mark-war

Mind you, some of the (conveniently unattributed) stories printed by a local journalist around this time put a very different spin on it.

Hmmm. I wonder who his source was?
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 14:43 - Feb 2 with 1573 viewsdmm

Like most supporters, I'm a big fan of Mark Warburton and I hope he stays, whether or not we get promotion, for a good few years yet.

He's very ably assisted by the management, coaches and backroom staff and I think by John Eustace in particular. I see Warburton and Eustace in constant communication throughout games and I get the feeling Warburton really values Eustace's input. When Warburton leaves I think Eustace would be a great next manager.
Mr Warburton - Premier League Manager on 15:02 - Feb 2 with 1511 viewsBoston

Rooney can’t do Everton for toffee.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024