Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour de France 17:16 - Jul 21 with 2057 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Anyone watching today's crucial stage.

Astonishing moment of sportsmanship by Vingegaard.

I'm 90 minutes behind on Eurosport but will check in later, but catch it if you can.

[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 17:23]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tour de France on 17:25 - Jul 21 with 1990 viewsdenhamhoop2

Yep cycling is a weird sport with many very good parts the camaraderie of the peloton the work of domestiques interposed with the frequent used of steroids and various other chemical subjects. Thought it was fantastic sportsmanship and shows just how in control of himself and the race he is currently
Tour de France on 18:05 - Jul 21 with 1926 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I've been watching the highlights every day on YouTube. Really enjoying it and looking forward to watching today's race even more now!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Tour de France on 18:24 - Jul 21 with 1889 viewsdanehoop

It was a stunning display of good sportsmanship. But the way that Vingegaard then stepped up and effectively blew the opposition away at the finish was amazing.

Never knowingly understood

Tour de France on 18:43 - Jul 21 with 1862 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tour de France on 18:24 - Jul 21 by danehoop

It was a stunning display of good sportsmanship. But the way that Vingegaard then stepped up and effectively blew the opposition away at the finish was amazing.

True.

But what I also loved is that Pogacar then refused to follow team orders to attack VGG on the descent after he had waited for him.

Tour de France on 19:20 - Jul 21 with 1804 viewsPlanetHonneywood

We had the TDF arrive here on Sunday, and depart on Tuesday.

I got close to the finish and it wasn’t the heat nor was it the incredible speed they flew by us on the way to the line that was impressive; it was the fact they’d done 205kms to get to that point in time!

Seen TDF arrive/depart a few times now, it’s a spectacle alright.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 20:48]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tour de France on 22:48 - Jul 21 with 1684 viewsderbyhoop

Love it.
Try to watch highlights on ITV4 each night.
I buy the official.program which is a way of improving my French.

Thought Pogecjar was a shoo in but JV has matched him all the way and when he blew up was the only GC rider who could take advantage.
The day when Jumbo Visma team destroyed Pogajar and his team was a tactical master class.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tour de France on 22:56 - Jul 21 with 1655 viewsMyke

Tour de France on 22:48 - Jul 21 by derbyhoop

Love it.

Thought Pogecjar was a shoo in but JV has matched him all the way and when he blew up was the only GC rider who could take advantage.
The day when Jumbo Visma team destroyed Pogajar and his team was a tactical master class.

Must admit I haven't watched it since Roche and Kelly retired
Tour de France on 23:01 - Jul 21 with 1636 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tour de France on 22:48 - Jul 21 by derbyhoop

Love it.

It's been a great Tour.

Agree about that stage, but yesterday when Pogacar's depleted team rode Jumbo into dust and Vangegaard stayed with Pogacar to the line was incredible.

He didn't break, and that was that really.
Today seemed like there was nothing Pogacar could do to break VGG.

Login to get fewer ads

Tour de France on 23:03 - Jul 21 with 1623 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tour de France on 22:56 - Jul 21 by Myke

Must admit I haven't watched it since Roche and Kelly retired

I only got back into it the last four years, Myke.

Eurosport subscription well worth it for the big races.
Excellent commentary - humour, knowledge, scenery, recipes, architecture and more humour again. I don't have ITV but hear their coverage is also excellent.

Tour de France on 23:20 - Jul 21 with 1590 viewsOregonQPR

The cynic in me thinks it was a bit of kideology by Vingegaard to slow the race down on the descent for two reasons:

To let Wout Van Aert stay up the road longer so he could call on him later on the Hautacam which he did.

To allow Sept Kuss and Teisj Benoit to get back on with Pogacar and Vingegaard which they did.

That meant the last 16km of the stage Vingegaard essentially outnumbered Pogacar 4-1 as all the UAE team were shed on the Col de Spandelles.
Tour de France on 00:42 - Jul 22 with 1490 viewsSydneyRs

Haven't been watching this year but have seen this sort of thing before. Its an unwritten rule that you don't take advantage of a mechanical failure of your rival. Bit different to formula one where last year's world title was won because some back marker crashed near the end and brought the safety car out, allowing Verstappen to pinch a title he never would have won.
Tour de France on 09:42 - Jul 22 with 1309 viewsterryb

The top two & Van Aert have been different class, but Thomas in third is quite amazing. Froome also had a good tour until withdrawing with Covid yesterday.

I've only had an interest in my twilight years (50 onwards) & became fascinated by the tactics that are employed. This year has rewritten the coaching manuals!
Tour de France on 10:15 - Jul 22 with 1264 viewsLythamR

Yesterday was special but the TDF rarely disappoints its a fantastic spectacle and the efforts of the riders is incredible at times

There is some much going on with the various classifications, its rarely boring and often quite exhilarating and on the mountain stages particularly the scenery itself is enough to lift the spirit.
Tour de France on 11:29 - Jul 22 with 1209 viewsderbyhoop

On all but the mountain stages spectators don't see much more than a flash of multi coloured lycia as the peloton whizz past.

But the atmosphere is great everywhere.

The competition between Pogacar and Vingegaard this year has been epic. Winner (JV) down to strongest team and tactics.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2022 11:30]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tour de France on 13:09 - Jul 24 with 961 viewsRanger_Things

Incredible Tour, the battle for GC was brilliant but for me WvA was the star of the show. He wins when he likes! Also Tom Pidcock’s stunning win on Alpe d'Huez, plus great rides by Fred Wright and G. Only let down was Cav missing out, 100% he would have broken the record this year.

I’m looking forward to the womens race starting today, I love the way they race. Very long overdue.
Tour de France on 09:22 - Jul 25 with 779 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tour de France on 13:09 - Jul 24 by Ranger_Things

Incredible Tour, the battle for GC was brilliant but for me WvA was the star of the show. He wins when he likes! Also Tom Pidcock’s stunning win on Alpe d'Huez, plus great rides by Fred Wright and G. Only let down was Cav missing out, 100% he would have broken the record this year.

I’m looking forward to the womens race starting today, I love the way they race. Very long overdue.

Looking forward to that too. I have to catch up on Stage 1 today.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024