Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR+ finances 13:17 - Jul 29 with 2572 viewsenfieldargh

If you cant go to live games its QPR+

We pay £10 to watch our wonderful team plus the superb coms from Nick & Andy.

questions.

1 how much of the £10 goes to the club

2 home qpr games, say we are playing Sunderland at home. We get a full away following into the stadium plus home support c 13,000 thats around 1500-2k short of capacity. QPR fans who cant go either pay from outside UK or using a VPN their £10 which goes into the club coffers. How about Sunderland fans? I take it they have Sunderland+ with possible tens of thousand of watchers. How much do Sunderland pay us for rights to watch the game from our stadium if anything? Quite often I get to watch away games where I have to put up with inferior coms often from the local BBC radio commentry. Swansea's last game last season was truly awful

I have a feeling that each club pockets the money from subscribers to their site and I think that a contribution is paid to the EFL?

THis system just keeps the bigger clubs getting richer. Sunderland or any of the big boys then profit from away games. Clubs like Wigan, Rotherham us, do we loose out on that money resource?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

QPR+ finances on 13:32 - Jul 29 with 2493 viewsNW5Hoop

The team selling the pass keeps the revenue. So, yes, away clubs keep the revenue from their fans buying the stream. This is becoming a battleground in the Football League, with increasing numbers of smaller clubs demanding the home team should keep all streaming revenues. It's most controversial in League One, where there tend to be a few unusually big clubs and some really small ones, and TV revenues are a pittance. It's much less of an issue in the Championship, where streaming revenues are only a fraction of TV income.
QPR+ finances on 13:35 - Jul 29 with 2478 viewsFrankRightguard

QPR+ finances on 13:32 - Jul 29 by NW5Hoop

The team selling the pass keeps the revenue. So, yes, away clubs keep the revenue from their fans buying the stream. This is becoming a battleground in the Football League, with increasing numbers of smaller clubs demanding the home team should keep all streaming revenues. It's most controversial in League One, where there tend to be a few unusually big clubs and some really small ones, and TV revenues are a pittance. It's much less of an issue in the Championship, where streaming revenues are only a fraction of TV income.

Was a furious rant from the Accrington chairman on the matter
QPR+ finances on 13:37 - Jul 29 with 2470 viewsNorthernr

QPR+ finances on 13:35 - Jul 29 by FrankRightguard

Was a furious rant from the Accrington chairman on the matter

Yeh he's a regular ranter on this, and the Sunderland example is the one he used. As a chairman of the lowest supported club in League One, he wants the money split equally, and points out that if there's a stream of the game that reduces the pay days he gets from away fans attending.
QPR+ finances on 14:14 - Jul 29 with 2305 viewsLblock

Is it still £140 for a season ticket for us international overseas Rs?

If so when is it payable or taken as mine hasn’t gone through yet

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR+ finances on 14:49 - Jul 29 with 2217 viewscheesy

QPR+ finances on 14:14 - Jul 29 by Lblock

Its 170ish now. Mine has gone through so I suggest you look to see if you have automatic renewal ticked in your settings.
QPR+ finances on 17:19 - Jul 29 with 2004 viewsMatch82

QPR+ finances on 14:14 - Jul 29 by Lblock

I think it's a rolling 12 month subscription vs based on season. So may depend on when you first signed up.
QPR+ finances on 17:25 - Jul 29 with 1992 viewsLblock

QPR+ finances on 17:19 - Jul 29 by Match82

I think it's a rolling 12 month subscription vs based on season. So may depend on when you first signed up.

Cheers

No idea where to check but I’ll have a look

I joined in September couple of years back

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR+ finances on 18:18 - Jul 29 with 1878 viewsVancouverHoop

The club always sends me a notification when they've taken my money(!) CDN$269.70 this year.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR+ finances on 20:23 - Jul 29 with 1702 viewsfraserc

QPR+ finances on 18:18 - Jul 29 by VancouverHoop

The club always sends me a notification when they've taken my money(!) CDN$269.70 this year.

Mine will be coming out at the beginning of August.

If you moved to Victoria we could have started some kind of stream-sharing exercise, coffee round mine at 7am :-)
QPR+ finances on 21:17 - Jul 29 with 1607 viewsVancouverHoop

Heh! It's all I can do to stagger upstairs to the computer at that hour.

Edit: Some Sky games do appear to be on DaZN again this season, they're showing Boro's tomorrow, so we may get a few.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 21:19]
QPR+ finances on 21:30 - Jul 29 with 1592 views222gers

Advice please. I renewed my ST although I suspect my health will preclude me from attending some games. I'm thinking of getting a VPN in order to watch these games plus the away games.
I crammed up some advice online. They said if registering with the ifollow website not to register initially from the UK as they would smell a rat and block the stream once starting with the VPN.
I of course log on via the Rs website and of course the Rs know I live in the Godly borough of Hammersmith.
Also, I do all my banking online - is a VPN OK security- wise ?
QPR+ finances on 10:03 - Jul 30 with 1358 viewsfrancisbowles

QPR+ finances on 21:30 - Jul 29 by 222gers

Advice please. I renewed my ST although I suspect my health will preclude me from attending some games. I'm thinking of getting a VPN in order to watch these games plus the away games.
I crammed up some advice online. They said if registering with the ifollow website not to register initially from the UK as they would smell a rat and block the stream once starting with the VPN.
I of course log on via the Rs website and of course the Rs know I live in the Godly borough of Hammersmith.
Also, I do all my banking online - is a VPN OK security- wise ?

I'm not sure about the security aspects.

If you have a VPN, just set it to another country, say France, before you log into QPR+. It won't work for Sky matches which only have a stream in 'Dark market' countries you will have to select a country from that list on the QPR website..

My VPN doesn't have any of those so reluctantly, I have to watch the Sky coverage on NOWTV.
QPR+ finances on 10:13 - Jul 30 with 1342 views222gers

QPR+ finances on 10:03 - Jul 30 by francisbowles

I'm not sure about the security aspects.

If you have a VPN, just set it to another country, say France, before you log into QPR+. It won't work for Sky matches which only have a stream in 'Dark market' countries you will have to select a country from that list on the QPR website..

My VPN doesn't have any of those so reluctantly, I have to watch the Sky coverage on NOWTV.

Thank you.
QPR+ finances on 10:21 - Jul 30 with 1333 viewsqueensparker

if you’re shopping for a VPN, Nord and Private Internet Access are both good options
QPR+ finances on 13:25 - Jul 30 with 1190 viewsPinnerPaul

The club also gets the 10' highlights package for free - before anyone launces off into what a pile of poo that is, have a look at the pre season games highlights 'packages' - anyone submitting that as a show reel as either a technical editor or producer wouldn't get very far I can tell you that!
QPR+ finances on 16:20 - Jul 30 with 1100 viewsSimonJames

QPR+ finances on 13:37 - Jul 29 by Northernr

Yeh he's a regular ranter on this, and the Sunderland example is the one he used. As a chairman of the lowest supported club in League One, he wants the money split equally, and points out that if there's a stream of the game that reduces the pay days he gets from away fans attending.

It seems to me that the home team should only be entitled to revenue from the away team's stream, equal to the difference between the number of away tickets that were allocated and the number that were actually sold.
Additional revenue for the home team should be the result of them being better able to market themselves.

100% of people who drink water will die.

QPR+ finances on 18:41 - Jul 30 with 1011 viewscharmr

My 2 Norwich buddies don’t have the access I have for watching games live abroad. See, we are a big club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024