Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry pitch 13:33 - Aug 7 with 2123 viewsterryb

What a great start to the season for Coventry City!

Today's match at home to Rotherham has been postponed due to being unsafe & unplayable following staging the Rugby 7's at the Commonwealth games.

I'm sure they want to be back in Coventry, but is the Arena the right place for them?
Coventry pitch on 14:06 - Aug 7 with 1977 viewsaston_hoop

Utter farce. they knew the 7s was being played there, couldn't they have requested to shift this game to Rotherham weeks ago so they had enough time to sort the pitch? Annoying for Rotherham too as they probably fancied playing Cov on that cut up pitch!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Coventry pitch on 14:23 - Aug 7 with 1911 viewsstevec

Under the circumstances Coventry should be forced to play elsewhere or forfeit the match.
Coventry pitch on 16:53 - Aug 7 with 1608 viewspaulparker

Should be docked points

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Coventry pitch on 18:06 - Aug 7 with 1459 viewsCamberleyR

I saw that pitch when I briefly caught a bit of the 7s in the Commonwealth Games and even though it had had some rugby played on it, I couldn't believe how much of a state it was in considering football playing surfaces at this time of year are all like bowling greens but now I read that it has also had concerts held on it during the close season and the stadium owners (is that still Wasps?) had promised investment in a new playing surface but it hadn't materialised.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Coventry pitch on 18:10 - Aug 7 with 1444 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We should ponder this before we consider moving to our own multipurpose stadium on the M40…
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 18:14]
Coventry pitch on 19:30 - Aug 7 with 1336 viewsCamberleyR

Coventry pitch on 18:10 - Aug 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

We should ponder this before we consider moving to our own multipurpose stadium on the M40…
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 18:14]

I would think a majority of their fans would have been quite happy when they moved there but it wouldn't surprise me if an overwhelming majority of them now think that they should have stayed at Highfield Road which had absolutely nothing wrong with it when they moved out.

Close to the city centre, 23.5 k capacity and they probably could have slightly increased that if they wanted too.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 19:31]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024