Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Train to Coventry 20:10 - Oct 24 with 5929 viewsmikeyhg

Whose going?

Avanti being Avanti aren't selling train tickets yet but for £27 you can get the super off peak West Midlands Train from Euston. Looks like there's then one local train an hour up to the ground so time for a few beers in town.
Train to Coventry on 21:43 - Oct 24 with 3615 viewsdaveB

Avanti are useless, want to buy train tickets but been nothing for weeks, shambles
Train to Coventry on 21:53 - Oct 24 with 3601 viewsNorthernr

Yeh we’ve given up on this idea now and will go in the car. No sign of tickets coming on sale, no guarantee the train will turn up, and I suspect half the qpr travelling support will have had the same idea about that West Midlands service and you’ll struggle to get on it.

Total fcking disgrace that the entire west coast of this country no longer has a functioning inter city train service.
Train to Coventry on 22:12 - Oct 24 with 3572 viewswombat

Train to Coventry on 21:53 - Oct 24 by Northernr

Yeh we’ve given up on this idea now and will go in the car. No sign of tickets coming on sale, no guarantee the train will turn up, and I suspect half the qpr travelling support will have had the same idea about that West Midlands service and you’ll struggle to get on it.

Total fcking disgrace that the entire west coast of this country no longer has a functioning inter city train service.

Anyone driving get in early on the parking near the ground one car park already sold out we are in car park C

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Train to Coventry on 22:13 - Oct 24 with 3567 viewsDannyPaddox

The ticket I bought yesterday morning (super off peak return) cost £26.50 from a company called London Northwestem Railway. Seemed pretty straightforward. They are a real train company aren’t they?
Train to Coventry on 00:59 - Oct 25 with 3471 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Train to Coventry on 21:53 - Oct 24 by Northernr

I hope you have some idea how much the international Rs respect and appreciate the lengths you and all the QPR fans go to trying to reach away games.
Its incredible dedication and i tip my cap to you all.
Our brilliant start is a true reward for all the miserable experiences you have experienced so hopefully this magic carpet ride continues
Train to Coventry on 07:08 - Oct 25 with 3401 viewsstowmarketrange

Train to Coventry on 22:13 - Oct 24 by DannyPaddox

The ticket I bought yesterday morning (super off peak return) cost £26.50 from a company called London Northwestem Railway. Seemed pretty straightforward. They are a real train company aren’t they?

They are a proper rail company but their trains aren’t the quickest as they sometimes go via stations that you wouldn’t want to go to.But they are cheaper normally.
Train to Coventry on 07:48 - Oct 25 with 3353 viewsNorthernr

Train to Coventry on 22:13 - Oct 24 by DannyPaddox

Should be fine, except there's only one that gets you there pre-match, and like I say it's the only train to Coventry on sale atm, so my suspicion is the majority of the travelling support planning to go by train might have thought the same and booked it. In which case good luck.
Train to Coventry on 08:58 - Oct 25 with 3256 viewsdaveB

Train to Coventry on 07:48 - Oct 25 by Northernr

Should be fine, except there's only one that gets you there pre-match, and like I say it's the only train to Coventry on sale atm, so my suspicion is the majority of the travelling support planning to go by train might have thought the same and booked it. In which case good luck.

Are Avanti likely to run any trains at all? I'm, stuck in limbo at the moment not sure if I should wait and pay daft money or go with the cheap, slow and very packed one
Login to get fewer ads

Train to Coventry on 09:29 - Oct 25 with 3203 viewsTK1

Train to Coventry on 08:58 - Oct 25 by daveB

Are Avanti likely to run any trains at all? I'm, stuck in limbo at the moment not sure if I should wait and pay daft money or go with the cheap, slow and very packed one

I'm worried that any trains will go from Euston that weekend - there's engineering work listed on the Avanti site that says it affects all outgoing trains. Ballache.
Train to Coventry on 09:46 - Oct 25 with 3183 viewsmikeyhg

Train to Coventry on 07:48 - Oct 25 by Northernr

Looks like the London northwestern and West midlands are running the same service, once per hour. Let's be honest, if there are Avanti trains running at that time then we'll just get on one of those if need be.

Maintenance works at Euston could be more an issue, there's always bleedin something!
Train to Coventry on 09:47 - Oct 25 with 3180 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I am toying with driving now to be honest. Prefer the train and having a beer etc but this looks like potential hassle.
Train to Coventry on 10:17 - Oct 25 with 3148 viewsozranger

As I mentioned to a few others, there are a few other options, though the cost is a bit more (for now) and the time to get there is a bit longer. Chiltern at 9am from Marylebone to Birmingham and then one of the many trains from Birmingham to Coventry. One with plenty of change time in Brum, gets to Coventry just after midday. I have not checked the return trips and I am not going anyway, but there are generally options via different stations. Taking the trip via Leicester is not an option this time owing to trackwork between St Pancras and Luton on the 12th.
Train to Coventry on 10:40 - Oct 25 with 3118 viewsDWQPR

To be honest as someone who uses the west coast mainline services to Euston from MK regularly it seems that both services are only reliable to what they intend to run on strike days. Both companies are poorly run and the line itself is a real ball ache. Only last Saturday, just bought tickets just past midday to get to HQ and suddenly an announcement came that all services to Euston had been cancelled due to an electrical fault between Euston and Watford.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Train to Coventry on 11:36 - Oct 25 with 3060 viewsslmrstid

Train to Coventry on 10:17 - Oct 25 by ozranger

As I mentioned to a few others, there are a few other options, though the cost is a bit more (for now) and the time to get there is a bit longer. Chiltern at 9am from Marylebone to Birmingham and then one of the many trains from Birmingham to Coventry. One with plenty of change time in Brum, gets to Coventry just after midday. I have not checked the return trips and I am not going anyway, but there are generally options via different stations. Taking the trip via Leicester is not an option this time owing to trackwork between St Pancras and Luton on the 12th.

You can't get to Coventry direct from Leicester anyway. Despite the fact we are just 20-ish miles apart there is no direct train service. If you wanted to get to Coventry by train you'd have to change at Nuneaton, or go all the way to Birmingham and change there.

Crazy really.
Train to Coventry on 11:50 - Oct 25 with 3034 viewsdaveB

Train to Coventry on 09:46 - Oct 25 by mikeyhg

Looks like the London northwestern and West midlands are running the same service, once per hour. Let's be honest, if there are Avanti trains running at that time then we'll just get on one of those if need be.

Maintenance works at Euston could be more an issue, there's always bleedin something!

It's unbelivable at the moment. Got Norwich tickets but can't go now this with Coventry. I might go back to doing the coach to games
Train to Coventry on 12:00 - Oct 25 with 3022 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Another option is travelling from Paddington and changing at Reading. Hourly service to Coventry from there. Whole journey takes under 2 hours and currently selling at £57.60 return.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Train to Coventry on 12:03 - Oct 25 with 3009 viewsRangersw12

Just booked a cheap return from MK and will jump on the Avanti train if it runs
Train to Coventry on 12:11 - Oct 25 with 2993 viewsstowmarketrange

Train to Coventry on 11:36 - Oct 25 by slmrstid

You can't get to Coventry direct from Leicester anyway. Despite the fact we are just 20-ish miles apart there is no direct train service. If you wanted to get to Coventry by train you'd have to change at Nuneaton, or go all the way to Birmingham and change there.

Crazy really.

That’s what I’ve got to do for the coventry game.Four hours each way to get 120 miles.
Train to Coventry on 13:30 - Oct 25 with 2916 viewsdenhamhoop2

Train to Coventry on 08:58 - Oct 25 by daveB

Could always go via West Midlands trains and change at Rugby to get to Coventry at least reasonably certain they will run a service
Train to Coventry on 14:24 - Oct 25 with 2844 viewsdaveB

Train to Coventry on 12:00 - Oct 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

Another option is travelling from Paddington and changing at Reading. Hourly service to Coventry from there. Whole journey takes under 2 hours and currently selling at £57.60 return.

Yeah I've ended up booking via Reading, then use Elizabeth line back home, was more expensive but can get any train back

Avanti are an absolute joke
Train to Coventry on 14:27 - Oct 25 with 2832 viewsmikeyhg

Train to Coventry on 14:24 - Oct 25 by daveB

Yeah I've ended up booking via Reading, then use Elizabeth line back home, was more expensive but can get any train back

Not a bad shout and less busy. I guess the key from Euston will be to get there early and get on any train heading that direction. Even if we're standing, it will be full of rangers and a few cans so not the end of the world.
Train to Coventry on 14:30 - Oct 25 with 2816 viewsdaveB

Train to Coventry on 14:27 - Oct 25 by mikeyhg

Not a bad shout and less busy. I guess the key from Euston will be to get there early and get on any train heading that direction. Even if we're standing, it will be full of rangers and a few cans so not the end of the world.

If they are running trains on the day it will be fine but is a joke that this close they still can't say either way, having a look you can't book any weekend for the next few months, what a service

Good luck anyone going to Preston on that line
Train to Coventry on 14:31 - Oct 25 with 2816 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Train to Coventry on 14:24 - Oct 25 by daveB

It’s actually a bit cheaper to book a ticket from Paddington to Coventry (via Reading) than it is to book direct from Reading to Coventry. One of those funny things you get sometimes.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Train to Coventry on 14:46 - Oct 25 with 2803 viewsNorthernr

Train to Coventry on 14:30 - Oct 25 by daveB

If they are running trains on the day it will be fine but is a joke that this close they still can't say either way, having a look you can't book any weekend for the next few months, what a service

Good luck anyone going to Preston on that line

Yeh Preston the Saturday before Christmas. More chance of getting there via the space shuttle.
Train to Coventry on 15:35 - Oct 25 with 2723 viewsdaveB

Train to Coventry on 14:46 - Oct 25 by Northernr

Yeh Preston the Saturday before Christmas. More chance of getting there via the space shuttle.

I'm not even gonna bother, have booked the panto with the kids that day instead
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024