Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley OUT! Ainsworth IN? 19:32 - Feb 20 with 2830 viewsTalkingRangers

Just thought I'd share my recent video (as it contains the main man).

Would be interested to get your thoughts on all we mentioned.

URSSS

Critchley OUT! Ainsworth IN? on 19:44 - Feb 20 with 2715 viewsJamesB1979

Excellent point you make at the beginning about role of DOF in choosing the appointment post Beale. Deciding what is type of personality needed at that time given squad we have.
Critchley OUT! Ainsworth IN? on 22:59 - Feb 20 with 2290 viewsnumptydumpty

I think Les especially its time for a change

We are where we are, and we are just keeping on par just.

Eight years and no progress.

Loved Les as a player but few rank appointments but think let's just have a complete fresh outlook.

It's not improved and it's time for a new approach.

Les seems unsackable. Who is he accountable to.

Ainsworth gets the nod and who knows.

We can really compete well in the clubs competing for basket case club of the season.

We certainly qualify at least in the play off spots for that particular accolade.

We are QPR indeed !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Critchley OUT! Ainsworth IN? on 23:46 - Feb 20 with 2134 viewsmart_Goblin

Gerry Francis , Ray Wilkins, Gary Waddock, John Gregory, Ian Holloway, Les Ferdinand….I almost don’t want Ainsworth to come back so we don’t ruin the legacy of another old favourite 😂.

I would imagine he would have refuted it by now if he didn’t want it so let’s get behind him …he’s got one hell of job sorting this bunch out
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 23:52]
Critchley OUT! Ainsworth IN? on 23:59 - Feb 20 with 2091 viewsHastings_Hoops

Critchley OUT! Ainsworth IN? on 23:46 - Feb 20 by mart_Goblin

Gerry Francis , Ray Wilkins, Gary Waddock, John Gregory, Ian Holloway, Les Ferdinand….I almost don’t want Ainsworth to come back so we don’t ruin the legacy of another old favourite 😂.

I would imagine he would have refuted it by now if he didn’t want it so let’s get behind him …he’s got one hell of job sorting this bunch out
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 23:52]

Bit harsh on Francis
Critchley OUT! Ainsworth IN? on 00:39 - Feb 21 with 2031 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Really enjoyed that discussion and loved the humour because its not life and death really.
However like Clive said Loftus Road will be electric on Saturday and hopefully this energy can blow Blackburn away we have to have those 3 points.
Lets get up to safety now then cut all the deadwood after the season and have Ainsworth start and build his team for our future
Critchley OUT! Ainsworth IN? on 05:52 - Feb 21 with 1797 viewsSydneyRs

Critchley OUT! Ainsworth IN? on 22:59 - Feb 20 by numptydumpty

I think Les especially its time for a change

We are where we are, and we are just keeping on par just.

Eight years and no progress.

Loved Les as a player but few rank appointments but think let's just have a complete fresh outlook.

It's not improved and it's time for a new approach.

Les seems unsackable. Who is he accountable to.

Ainsworth gets the nod and who knows.

We can really compete well in the clubs competing for basket case club of the season.

We certainly qualify at least in the play off spots for that particular accolade.

We are QPR indeed !!

While I find much of the online LF bashing ill informed, short sighted and lazy, 8 years is a long time in a senior position. On that basis alone it may be time for a change but who would come next?
Critchley OUT! Ainsworth IN? on 09:34 - Feb 21 with 1435 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Critchley OUT! Ainsworth IN? on 19:44 - Feb 20 by JamesB1979

Excellent point you make at the beginning about role of DOF in choosing the appointment post Beale. Deciding what is type of personality needed at that time given squad we have.

Since the turn of the year, there have been volumes written and words said and frankly, 99% has been trite. Sadly, for some of us, most of it is a mere rehash of everything said and written over the last 25 plus years.

However, this is a really good point about the 'personality' of the players brought in and brought through. Surely to God, the famous analytics and our footballing knowledge should be able to weed out those that are likely to go missing when it gets a bit tough in the trenches.

When we signed the likes of Derry, Dunne, Hill we knew they were exactly the type that would man-the-fcuk-up when it got a bit challenging. Given where we have been over the last few years, we really ought to have been looking at blokes with a bit of gravel in them. Instead, we seem to have had a propensity for signing players weak of mind and limb.

However, I was talking to a mate over the Xmas, who was at some QPR thing where allegedly, Ramsey and SLF were saying that at U18 level, performance was the more important element than winning. Now, while I wholeheartedly agree that at youth level development is crucial, but for my money, I would also think instilling both a winning mentality and sense of digging in and fighting for it, were as important.

Not accepting defeat so willingly or, merely dismissing defeat because one or two played well is a negative. Surely you want a winning ethos imbued throughout the club. One where defeat is not so readily accepted like in our pathetic cup appearances. Winning or at least wanting to win, means you have players wanting to develop; wanting to do well; ready to dig in and work hard, and unwilling to accept fops flopping around not the least bit arsed. A winning mentality is more likely to get you through hard games and rough periods than one where losing is rationalised. I am sure if Haaland walked off a pitch after scoring a hat trick, he and Pep would be pig-sick if City had lost 4-3.

So, to come back to the point raised: and as Ollie said in his piece, we have no natural leaders; and if we have too many weak minded players lacking a winning mentality, then it's no surprise the players have disappeared and the club has to go to the expense of hiring a psychologist to help the poor darlings.

...and this lot get paid thousands a week!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Critchley OUT! Ainsworth IN? on 11:41 - Feb 21 with 1248 viewsDannyPaddox

Great video. QPR chat that sums up the situation and explores the possibilities ahead. One thing mentioned I’d never before considered was the possibility the players were anti-Critchley from the off as he was mates with the warty dick-splash he’d replaced.

Obviously this is speculation and it still puts the players in a dodgy light as they would’ve been putting their own gripes ahead of the fortunes of the club but none of us were privy to the nuances of the exchanges between manager and players so it may have been a factor.

If someone new comes in with no connection to Pep Pot-Belly of the SPL the players might end their protest-strop, and with a point to prove to the Les Dennis look-a-like, play the football they’re capable of. Clutching at straws here but let’s see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024