Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saint & Greavsie 15:02 - May 24 with 2880 viewsdaveB

For those who loved this show back in the 80's, there is a best of Saint & Greavsie series starting on the 3rd June at 10:30am on ITV4 and on every Saturday throughout the summer
Saint & Greavsie on 22:08 - May 24 with 2651 viewsToast_R

Have watched a few on YouTube. Really was excellent. Get home from playing Saturday morning football and watch S&G over lunch. Great days. They were a great pair of pundits.
Saint & Greavsie on 23:10 - May 24 with 2591 viewsNewBee

Possibly the most bizarre S&G item ever:

Saint & Greavsie on 00:51 - May 25 with 2530 viewsSydneyRs

Great show, they complimented each other perfectly.
Saint & Greavsie on 13:49 - May 25 with 2333 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Ah the days when the tape of the game used to get sent by train in and occasionally would get put on the wrong train.
"Well we'd like to show you ???? V's ????? but unfortunately the tape's in Chester".

I loved Saint and Greavsie.
[Post edited 25 May 2023 13:50]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Saint & Greavsie on 14:45 - May 25 with 2289 viewsToast_R

I remember when Greaves was ill for a couple of weeks, rather than bring in a replacement pundit they used his Spitting Image puppet for two shows. Genius.
Saint & Greavsie on 18:09 - May 25 with 2180 viewspaulparker

It will be cut to shreds like they do Minder , Sweeney etc
I can’t see how they will air greavise call people jocks, Taffs and laughing at woman in football

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Saint & Greavsie on 19:09 - May 25 with 2119 viewsdaveB

Saint & Greavsie on 18:09 - May 25 by paulparker

I can’t see how they will air greavise call people jocks, Taffs and laughing at woman in football

It's a best of rather than whole episodes but yeah I imagine a lot of that has been cut out
Saint & Greavsie on 21:25 - May 25 with 2027 viewsThe_Beast1976

Saint & Greavsie on 18:09 - May 25 by paulparker

How sad it is that the world has become so utterly ridiculous that we're not even allowed to watch such content now, never mind laugh at it.

Extreme sex and violence? Yeah that's all good though. Why not show it to the kids too for good order.
Login to get fewer ads

Saint & Greavsie on 21:59 - May 25 with 2002 viewszicoshoops

But how they got on the show in the first place was great.
There was a competition for two guys to host a football show.
Anyone could enter, and 50% of entrants were cut straight away.

Jimmy Greaves took part in a car race to Mexico, in time for the 1970 World Cup.
Everyone drove a Ford Mexico, and believe it or not, the start of the race was on the Harrow rd.

Ian St John just entered the competition to be a host of the show.

Anyway……..they both got the gig.

One, who was probably the best natural goal scorer the game’s seen.

The other, who was the signing by Bill Shankley who set Liverpool on the road to where they are today.

All that aside……..

What’s going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
Saint & Greavsie on 01:02 - May 26 with 1914 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Saint & Greavsie on 21:25 - May 25 by The_Beast1976

How sad it is that the world has become so utterly ridiculous that we're not even allowed to watch such content now, never mind laugh at it.

Extreme sex and violence? Yeah that's all good though. Why not show it to the kids too for good order.

Some idiot was on the BBC website trying to get Of Mice and Men banned because it has a black character who is discriminated against and called the n-word...which slightly misses the point of the novel.
Saint & Greavsie on 03:43 - May 26 with 1868 viewsSydneyRs

Saint & Greavsie on 01:02 - May 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

Some idiot was on the BBC website trying to get Of Mice and Men banned because it has a black character who is discriminated against and called the n-word...which slightly misses the point of the novel.

So ridiculous. I assume they'll try to ban showings of To Kill a Mocking Bird too then?

Even stuff like Alf Garnett, Love They Neighbour etc always made the racist characters look like the idiots.
Saint & Greavsie on 15:03 - May 26 with 1712 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Absolutely loved this show, pisses all over Football Focus, MOTDX or whatever they call it these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024