Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The view from corporate... 14:34 - Aug 6 with 2796 views_tf_

So because I couldnt get a ticket yesterday I took up a longstanding invitation to watch a game from my neighbour's box at Watford. Lovely day out, great company, free beer, all went swimmingly well apart from the...well you know, the football.

Pre-kick off all the Watford fans were seriously talking about long how their new manager would last this year. You think as a fan base we're alone in being damaged by the indifference of players? Not a bit of it. And here's the rub. At Loftus Road last year Watford collectively and blatantly downed tools. And I know we all know this but it's the one thing that can't be forgiven of your team isn't it, not even bothering to hide the fact that you can't be arsed. So when Watford strolled around Vicarage Rd yesterday scoring goals at will the main surprise amongst the Hornets wasn't the ease of the game, it was things like 'look, they're talking to each other' and 'they're backing each other up.' They were amazed at the turn around in the collective will and organisation. So look at the difference between Watford from last season and the team now.

And now let's look at us. Arguably, we are now in a worse position (and that's being kind). We've had an off season where nothing has really happened to significantly alter things on the pitch. Yes, we have financial constraints but they haven't been hidden from view have they, so where are the 'rough diamonds' and nuggets from the lower league? The decision to let Masterson go still baffles me.

Next month is my 50th anniversary of my first game at LR and truthfully, I cannot remember a worse first half of football from a QPR team. Every single aspect of it was off. Keener observers than I will point out the miniutiae of what went on but it was nine minutes before Ilias (on his day, our best player and one that the Watford fans were worred about pre-game) touched the ball and about five mins after that a high,wafty, non-penetrative vague pass was sent his way, all 5' 7" of him. What a waste. I nevr thought I'd see a QPR goaly time wasting whilst four down. Shameful.

Two observations. Firstly, irrespective of cramp and hotheadedness, Armstrong HAS to start. He has pace, aggression and some 'x' factor about him. If he cramps up, sees red etc then so be it.

Secondly, whereas I'm usually one of the 'let's give XX 10/15 games and then take a view' supporters I'm afraid that performances like yesterday are only going to fuel the rapidly growing discontent and for once, I'm beginning to think that they might be right. At the moment, QPR is like a pint of sour milk. You don't need to take more than one sip to know that.

I have no idea where we go from here (apart from Cardiff obviously).
The view from corporate... on 14:38 - Aug 6 with 2736 viewsmart_Goblin

Yeah forgot about Begovic time wasting and said pretty much word for word what you just said, at the time .
Embarrassing beyond measure .
The view from corporate... on 15:17 - Aug 6 with 2523 viewsNorthantsHoop

The very same thing about Watford players last season downing tools was said to me today by a Watford supporting friend and that he thought yesterday Rangers players had the same look about them. It is interesting either by luck or Watford killing the game off early no further goals were scored second half, maybe they just tried a little harder to show who is really in charge.
The view from corporate... on 18:24 - Aug 6 with 2320 viewsManinBlack

If Watford downed tools at our place they can at least be excused that promotion was gone and they only lost 1-0. On the other hand us downing tools in the first half of a new season and going four down dwarfs anything Watford did and is a far worse crime in my eyes. A new season should bring renewed hope not fresh sulking and petulance. Yesterday highlighted why I wanted the whole team booted out in the summer. So long as half of them still take the field will not change the stench of decay.
The view from corporate... on 19:31 - Aug 6 with 2125 viewspaulhoop2

Il tell you what at least Watford downing tools would not be as bad as us considering squads lol

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

The view from corporate... on 20:25 - Aug 6 with 1897 viewsWhip_It

Except we didn't down tools yesterday - we were just torn apart.
The view from corporate... on 21:26 - Aug 6 with 1663 viewsBoston

Chair is not 5'7" - he's 5'2" or 3" depending on what report you're reading.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The view from corporate... on 23:22 - Aug 6 with 1469 viewsManinBlack

Oxford should not have torn us apart but did so as easily as Watford. We looked disinterested then and the same Saturday. We might not be good enough but you can still make the effort to make life difficult for the opponent and not be so passive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024