Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A proposition 14:15 - Dec 21 with 4029 viewsQPRConor2000

I know many of us in this forum have a season ticket, but I was just wondering whether there could be a better way for us to increase the revenue?

I personally would be in favour of having a monthly membership scheme rather than a season ticket set for 23 games per season, so instead of paying one set amount over a season via a direct debit lets say, you would pay a smaller amount per month.

I think Hull offer a membership scheme instead of a season ticket and since they've brought it in, their attendances have gone up hugely and their prices are very decent.

I think something like this would be more popular with fans than a season ticket.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2023 14:16]
A proposition on 14:19 - Dec 21 with 3991 viewsWokingR

A proposition on 14:26 - Dec 21 with 3938 viewsQPRConor2000

A proposition on 14:19 - Dec 21 by WokingR

Hull City do it is actually really interesting, they have three different zones and the prices start from £25 per month for an adult, with £35 being the most expensive, and your seat is guaranteed for a month.

If you had 10,000 fans subscribe to the scheme, and they pay, lets say £35 for four home games in that month, that would work out at £8.75 per match and you'd make £350,000 in a month alone.

I just posted it on here to gauge some feedback, cause I think it might actually be more attractive than paying x amount for a season ticket.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2023 14:29]
A proposition on 14:57 - Dec 21 with 3741 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Something that has irritated me since the Paliadini years is being called a client on my ST. Makes me feel like a John.

A pivot to being regarded as a member is welcome.

That said, what’s the difference other than semantics to paying a direct debit every month? No fixed seat?

[Post edited 21 Dec 2023 15:10]
A proposition on 15:02 - Dec 21 with 3684 viewscolinallcars

I seem to remember there was quite a kerfuffle when Hull introduced their scheme with many long term ST holders losing their seats and having to move to a different section of the ground.
Anyone know the details of this ?
A proposition on 15:35 - Dec 21 with 3517 viewsQPR_Hibs

A proposition on 14:26 - Dec 21 by QPRConor2000

Hull City do it is actually really interesting, they have three different zones and the prices start from £25 per month for an adult, with £35 being the most expensive, and your seat is guaranteed for a month.

If you had 10,000 fans subscribe to the scheme, and they pay, lets say £35 for four home games in that month, that would work out at £8.75 per match and you'd make £350,000 in a month alone.

I just posted it on here to gauge some feedback, cause I think it might actually be more attractive than paying x amount for a season ticket.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2023 14:29]

QPR would make £350k a month but would lose the £5 million or so from Season Ticket sales (rough calculation based on 10,000 season tix at £500 each.)

I agree that the fans would love to pay £8.75 a game but can't see Lee Hoos going for it somehow.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

A proposition on 15:43 - Dec 21 with 3473 viewsderbyhoop

Interesting idea. Monthly pass would need to be more expensive than equivalent for ST. Otherwise where is the incentive to commit to 23 games. The other difficulty is the variation in the number of home gamesmper month.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

A proposition on 16:13 - Dec 21 with 3329 viewsJuzzie

The problem with any kind of 'increasing revenue' idea (and I'm not knocking them) is that all it does is give players/agents more opportunity to get more money for the player or what is needed to be done to satisfy their demands, that's all it ever goes on.

Champions League? More money to players.
Expanded Champions League? More money to players.
Europa Conference League? More money to players.
European Super League? More money to players.

Then when you start to get to club levels with ideas such as new stadiums with increased capacities, increased catering, increased merchandise, increased hospitality, increased corporate functionality, increased non match day revenue all that does is totally drains the fans and provides even more money to players.

More and more and more and more and more money. To kick a leather ball around for 90 minutes.

Then when each idea is saturated, more ideas are needed which just means players get even more money. Everything else stays stagnated while players get paid ever increasing amounts and then they b*tch & moan they play too many games because their little brains can't work out that's what is needed to pay them the tens/hundreds of thousands of pounds a week they stamp their feet and demand for.

I know this is probably unlikely (unless there's a massive bubble burst) but if Clubs are going to survive then player salaries have got to be resolved, it's out of control to an obscene degree, really obscene.

[Post edited 21 Dec 2023 17:43]
A proposition on 16:48 - Dec 21 with 3185 viewsLanhoop

My middling financial knowledge says that the club much prefer having more money and having a lump sum which they know they can use and can budget against.

Hull were desperate to get people back after their problems with the previous owners. The new owners and a team being invested in are the big reasons their attendances have gone up.
Login to get fewer ads

A proposition on 18:41 - Dec 21 with 2869 viewsdaveB

would it generate any more money? If the team are crap you could get a lot of people not bother for one month especially if not many Saturday games
A proposition on 20:31 - Dec 21 with 2616 viewseastside_r

I am struggling to understand the rationale behind this. What’s in it for me?
A proposition on 21:36 - Dec 21 with 2466 viewsThe_Beast1976

A proposition on 16:13 - Dec 21 by Juzzie

The problem with any kind of 'increasing revenue' idea (and I'm not knocking them) is that all it does is give players/agents more opportunity to get more money for the player or what is needed to be done to satisfy their demands, that's all it ever goes on.

Champions League? More money to players.
Expanded Champions League? More money to players.
Europa Conference League? More money to players.
European Super League? More money to players.

Then when you start to get to club levels with ideas such as new stadiums with increased capacities, increased catering, increased merchandise, increased hospitality, increased corporate functionality, increased non match day revenue all that does is totally drains the fans and provides even more money to players.

More and more and more and more and more money. To kick a leather ball around for 90 minutes.

Then when each idea is saturated, more ideas are needed which just means players get even more money. Everything else stays stagnated while players get paid ever increasing amounts and then they b*tch & moan they play too many games because their little brains can't work out that's what is needed to pay them the tens/hundreds of thousands of pounds a week they stamp their feet and demand for.

I know this is probably unlikely (unless there's a massive bubble burst) but if Clubs are going to survive then player salaries have got to be resolved, it's out of control to an obscene degree, really obscene.

[Post edited 21 Dec 2023 17:43]

Bang on. Fcuk em. Cants
A proposition on 22:18 - Dec 21 with 2365 viewsWegerles_Stairs

A proposition on 18:41 - Dec 21 by daveB

would it generate any more money? If the team are crap you could get a lot of people not bother for one month especially if not many Saturday games

Good point. Was going to get a half-season ticket, but with two matches already moved to the Sunday, don't think I'll bother. I suppose they get more money from that than me buying one ticket though.
A proposition on 22:55 - Dec 21 with 2273 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I could only see this working if there was a minimum term to subscribe to. If the member has the ability to cancel without notice then the success of such a scheme would rest on the success of the team. Given how poor QPR have been at home, I'd wager that a significant number of people would have cancelled their memberships long ago.

Moreover, with income not guaranteed, forecasting finances would be extremely difficult. To mitigate this uncertainty, budgets (including the manager's war chest) would be reduced and the club would continuously sweat over its prospects of meeting FFP.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024