Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview 22:08 - Dec 22 with 2668 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61526
Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview on 22:28 - Dec 22 with 2571 viewscolinallcars

Smashing. Thanks Clive.
Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview (n/t) on 00:35 - Dec 23 with 2315 viewsstainrods_elbow

[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 0:49]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview on 07:52 - Dec 23 with 2055 viewsGaryBannister86

Great read. I hate squad rotation, particularly for the cups, but in this day and age I am coming to understand its necessity.

Personally, I track our lengthy malaise back to the cuptie at Peterboro where Warbs rested Willock and I believe one or two others, we lost, and lost confidence and momentum, seemingly for two years.
Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview on 08:38 - Dec 23 with 1977 viewsWestonsuperR

Great read as always. Glad you touched on squad rotation and suggestion that I’ve read many times recently that we should have played potentially weaker teams vs Southampton and Ipswich. Can’t criticize Redknapp for doing this and then advise we do it against stronger Championship sides, there are no great teams in this league and on our day we are capable of beating any as shown by the lucky win at Burnley last season.
Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview on 09:46 - Dec 23 with 1825 viewsNortholt_Rs

QPR 2 Soton 0
COYRs!!!!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview on 09:47 - Dec 23 with 1822 viewsBurnleyhoop

Balanced and nuanced as always Clive. I do like your ability to detach the emotion from your reviews and take a step back to look at the bigger picture in the cold light of day.

It has been a while since I have felt such a level of emotion after a game following that loss to SW. In truth, the emotional investment that I and maybe others have always had, was starting to drift into indifference under Ainsworth, a sort of resigned acceptance that we were doomed. That has changed with the arrival of Cifuentes. God help us, but the hope and belief is back with a vengeance.

The fact still remains however, that this is still a weak squad, particularly in midfield and up top. Cifuentes knows what he has got and the challenge now is to use it wisely and select the right set up for each opponent. Personally, I think he should have gone hell for leather against Plymouth and SW and put out his best Xl and rest the likes of Willock and JCS for this one. I admire his belief that we shouldn’t fear anyone and go out to win every game, but that is about building culture and after reading your review, Southampton are likely to be too strong for us to deal with.

Will be at Accrington Stanley today in the VIP box with a bunch of Grammar School Old boys (we are all mates of Andy Holt who was in the same year) so will miss this one. Will be keeping an eye out for our score and will let you know how Joe Walsh performs between the sticks.
Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview on 09:48 - Dec 23 with 1817 viewsNorthernr

Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview on 07:52 - Dec 23 by GaryBannister86

Great read. I hate squad rotation, particularly for the cups, but in this day and age I am coming to understand its necessity.

Personally, I track our lengthy malaise back to the cuptie at Peterboro where Warbs rested Willock and I believe one or two others, we lost, and lost confidence and momentum, seemingly for two years.

Yeh mate I’m with you I hate it, thought it cost us last week, but you can at least understand his thinking, particularly with this squad’s recent history.
Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview on 10:34 - Dec 23 with 1680 viewsstevec

Sounds like good stuff.

Soon as I’ve finished this mornings copy of the Daily Mail, I’ll have a butchers.
Login to get fewer ads

Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview on 10:49 - Dec 23 with 1639 viewsAndybrat

Your right about Sam Field, forget rotation he needs a rest, it was obvious against Hull.
Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview on 13:01 - Dec 23 with 1394 viewsWegerles_Stairs

People can't expect Field to be able to do everything - he's effectively there to break up opposition play. Gets too many yellow cards for my liking but he's a very decent Championship player. However, he is not going to be our playmaker and that's what we lack. Dozzell is far too fond of his six-yard passes to the nearest Rangers player to him - how many assists does he have in two-and-a-half years? This is also why Chair ends up dropping so deep to try and get attacks moving.
Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview on 13:32 - Dec 23 with 1342 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive. Great preview.

Very interesting analysis on our poor performances in the 3rd game of a three-game week.
Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview on 13:52 - Dec 23 with 1307 viewsstainrods_elbow

Always twirling, twirling towards freedom - Preview on 13:32 - Dec 23 by Noelmc

Thanks Clive. Great preview.

Very interesting analysis on our poor performances in the 3rd game of a three-game week.

I'm doubtless in the minority again (always the best place to be - you see things more clearly from the edges), but, and I'll keep saying it as long as I have to, the buy-in of some fans here to the idea of squad rotation is dismal, depressing and defeatist. As Kevin Gallen said on this week's WLS podcast (who hardly played for us in the Dark Ages), you put your best players on the pitch and organise them tactically from there.

The idea that we could/should have rested Willock and Chair etc. for this next trio of games because two games in a week might have tired out the poor lambs is self-sabotaging claptrap. In the first place, you can't 'pick your games' in the Champ, in the second we're not good enough to try even if we were stupid enough to do so (and no doubt we are), and in the third it's basically defrauding the fans. And, as Clive says himself, we didn't draw with Plymouth and lose to the Owls because of rotation anyway - we did so because we weren't clinical, courageous and creative enough.

Get a grip!
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 18:57]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024