Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinking with the... 21:05 - Jan 7 with 2885 viewsBoston

Aldershot. Load of 'em around Brum tonight. Quite pally about me being Rangers.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Drinking with the... on 21:11 - Jan 7 with 2833 viewsSK_hoops

Speaking of which, Aldershot hospital is sadly getting rid of it's A+E soon...

...and will be called LDRSHOT HOSPITL.
Drinking with the... on 21:32 - Jan 7 with 2724 viewscolinallcars

Some folk on another thread listing the teams that we used to play and are now higher up.
Fair play, but seeing Aldershot mentioned reminded me of other teams we used to play and now much lower…..apart the ‘shot, there's Colchester, Gillingham, Exeter, Bristol Rovers, Southend, Shrewsbury and I'm sure there are others but a surfeit of pints clouds my memory.
Drinking with the... on 21:37 - Jan 7 with 2696 viewsSK_hoops

Drinking with the... on 21:32 - Jan 7 by colinallcars

Some folk on another thread listing the teams that we used to play and are now higher up.
Fair play, but seeing Aldershot mentioned reminded me of other teams we used to play and now much lower…..apart the ‘shot, there's Colchester, Gillingham, Exeter, Bristol Rovers, Southend, Shrewsbury and I'm sure there are others but a surfeit of pints clouds my memory.

I remember us always seeming to play Port Vale and Tranmere.
Drinking with the... on 21:45 - Jan 7 with 2657 viewscolinallcars

Drinking with the... on 21:37 - Jan 7 by SK_hoops

I remember us always seeming to play Port Vale and Tranmere.

Walsall, Scunny, Swindon, Wrexham, Northampton…….I can't say this is making me feel better though !
[Post edited 7 Jan 21:53]
Drinking with the... on 05:28 - Jan 8 with 2347 viewsenfieldargh

Drinking with the... on 21:45 - Jan 7 by colinallcars

Walsall, Scunny, Swindon, Wrexham, Northampton…….I can't say this is making me feel better though !
[Post edited 7 Jan 21:53]

wrexham next season

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Drinking with the... on 10:07 - Jan 8 with 2132 viewsTheChef

Boston I'm confused - I thought you live in Boston? (MA, not Lincs.)

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Drinking with the... on 10:15 - Jan 8 with 2110 viewsKonk

Boston, I'm revoking my recommendation of the Old Crown! Went in there for the first time in years, the other day, and they'd had a refurb that doesn't work for me. Historic boozer that used to me nice and cosy, now opened up and full of street art, which doesn't feel right. The Anchor and Spotted Dog are my two favourites in Digbeth/Deritend.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Drinking with the... on 10:28 - Jan 8 with 2070 viewsSilverfoxqpr

I grew up in Aldershot and spent my formative years watching the 'shots when I couldn't get up to Rangers so they're my second team I suppose. Back in the 80's they were usually sharing a division with Reading which was a big, local ish derby. Seems like a lifetime ago. Always hated Reading.
Login to get fewer ads

Drinking with the... on 10:33 - Jan 8 with 2048 viewsPunteR

They love Gary Waddock. "The ginger Mourinio".

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Drinking with the... on 10:57 - Jan 8 with 1983 viewshubble

Drinking shots with the Shots. Real fans, not bots.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Drinking with the... on 12:00 - Jan 8 with 1843 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Drinking with the... on 10:15 - Jan 8 by Konk

Boston, I'm revoking my recommendation of the Old Crown! Went in there for the first time in years, the other day, and they'd had a refurb that doesn't work for me. Historic boozer that used to me nice and cosy, now opened up and full of street art, which doesn't feel right. The Anchor and Spotted Dog are my two favourites in Digbeth/Deritend.

When I was at uni up there, I can't recall the name of the pub in Digbeth we frequented, but I think it was the Crown. However, your post prompted me to look to see if the Hibernian in Stirchley was still with us.

Sadly, it is, but in building only! It's now called 'The Dog Pool Hotel'. Looks like it's actually a music venue, which given how such venues have declined in favour of 'flats', probably isn't the worst thing to read about.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Drinking with the... on 15:09 - Jan 8 with 1588 viewsMick_S

Guess who the televised match includes tonight? Quite possibly the hardest question ever posed on LFW.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Drinking with the... on 15:13 - Jan 8 with 1577 viewsLongsufferingR

Drinking with the... on 12:00 - Jan 8 by PlanetHonneywood

When I was at uni up there, I can't recall the name of the pub in Digbeth we frequented, but I think it was the Crown. However, your post prompted me to look to see if the Hibernian in Stirchley was still with us.

Sadly, it is, but in building only! It's now called 'The Dog Pool Hotel'. Looks like it's actually a music venue, which given how such venues have declined in favour of 'flats', probably isn't the worst thing to read about.

No doubt they have stocked up on replacement Ls for their sign in anticipation of a spate of local youth nicking the one at the end of Pool.
Drinking with the... on 22:31 - Jan 8 with 1341 viewsBoston

Drinking with the... on 10:07 - Jan 8 by TheChef

Boston I'm confused - I thought you live in Boston? (MA, not Lincs.)

Yeah I do, but I was 'jonesing' for a potato fix.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Drinking with the... on 08:59 - Jan 9 with 1148 viewsTheChef

Drinking with the... on 22:31 - Jan 8 by Boston

Yeah I do, but I was 'jonesing' for a potato fix.

WHOOSH.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024