Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Review 13:38 - Jan 7 with 4464 viewsGlosGroundhop

We travelled to QPR to review what they had to offer in terms of Matchday experience. The review of the experience is now available to read https://gloucestergroundho.wixsite.com/gloucester-groundhop/post/loftus-road-que
[Post edited 7 Jan 13:39]
QPR Review on 13:39 - Jan 7 with 4096 viewsjohnhoop

Who dares to open this link?
QPR Review on 13:44 - Jan 7 with 4047 viewsLowerloftLad

Good god I stopped reading halfway through the list of notable players.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

QPR Review on 13:53 - Jan 7 with 3983 viewsQPunkR

Cheese?

QPR - "shit but local"

QPR Review on 13:59 - Jan 7 with 3929 viewsQPRSteve

A pile of crock. Club history seems to a copy and paste job from Wikipedia/
QPR Review on 14:11 - Jan 7 with 3891 viewsKerryE

Wrtten by someone who thinks the premier league invented english football.

Div 2 runners up in 76 apparently. I guess its the word ''championship'' that confused the writer, bless him.
QPR Review on 14:29 - Jan 7 with 3811 viewsHastings_Hoops

QPR Review on 13:44 - Jan 7 by LowerloftLad

Good god I stopped reading halfway through the list of notable players.

Caesar, Remy & Wright-Philips (far from inspirational players at rangers) yet no mention of David Seaman, Tony Currie or Stan Bowles! Also not sure it’s the best match to actually be giving out star ratings for the atmosphere!
[Post edited 7 Jan 14:34]
QPR Review on 15:07 - Jan 7 with 3628 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thanks for sharing!

I knew we used to play in Celtic colours but never knew why we changed.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the ground hopping. Ignore the unpleasantness on here.
QPR Review on 15:10 - Jan 7 with 3619 viewsWatford_Ranger

If I spent the rest of my life thinking of notable former players I’m not sure I’d come up with Yossi Benayoun tbf.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Review on 15:12 - Jan 7 with 3601 viewsGlosGroundhop

Thank you. I expected the unpleasantness to be honest. Whenever I give quite poor scores I tend to get personal attacks in response. Thank you for reading and good luck for the rest of the season
QPR Review on 15:14 - Jan 7 with 3589 viewsessextaxiboy

QPR Review on 15:07 - Jan 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Thanks for sharing!

I knew we used to play in Celtic colours but never knew why we changed.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the ground hopping. Ignore the unpleasantness on here.

Cmon Baz you dont have take a contrary view on everything

They have done a piece on our Club and posted it on our forum less than 24 hrs later . Its not great is it ?
QPR Review on 15:36 - Jan 7 with 3504 viewsR_from_afar

QPR Review on 15:12 - Jan 7 by GlosGroundhop

Thank you. I expected the unpleasantness to be honest. Whenever I give quite poor scores I tend to get personal attacks in response. Thank you for reading and good luck for the rest of the season

Thanks for taking the trouble to visit us and to write that piece.

As a fan base, we are having a miserable time at the moment, due to two seasons of very poor performances and a board which, although it continues to support us financially, appears to have lost, or be losing, interest in the club's future

You should also know that one of the most popular figures to grace our pitch in recent years is "Squirrel". Oh, and another is Stan Bowles.

All the best with your blog.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

QPR Review on 15:41 - Jan 7 with 3478 viewsGlosGroundhop

QPR Review on 15:14 - Jan 7 by essextaxiboy

Cmon Baz you dont have take a contrary view on everything

They have done a piece on our Club and posted it on our forum less than 24 hrs later . Its not great is it ?

Might shock you but I only write the second half of the review on the day. The rest of it is done over time.
QPR Review on 15:43 - Jan 7 with 3462 viewsGlosGroundhop

QPR Review on 15:36 - Jan 7 by R_from_afar

Thanks for taking the trouble to visit us and to write that piece.

As a fan base, we are having a miserable time at the moment, due to two seasons of very poor performances and a board which, although it continues to support us financially, appears to have lost, or be losing, interest in the club's future

You should also know that one of the most popular figures to grace our pitch in recent years is "Squirrel". Oh, and another is Stan Bowles.

All the best with your blog.

Thank you for this response. I totally understand. No matter what response I get, they can’t be half as bad as the one Birmingham fans gave me lol. I hope things get better. QPR looked to be going one way a few years ago, can’t quite believe how it’s gone. IF you do end up in League One, just know it’s not a bad league to be in. Some great away days and some big clubs too (including Cheltenham, my team lol)
QPR Review on 16:05 - Jan 7 with 3348 viewsBrianWilson

Can't really judge us on a cup game as we always lose and ground is half empty. Come back for a league game and you "might" have a better experience.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

QPR Review on 16:05 - Jan 7 with 3346 viewsHastings_Hoops

QPR Review on 15:43 - Jan 7 by GlosGroundhop

Thank you for this response. I totally understand. No matter what response I get, they can’t be half as bad as the one Birmingham fans gave me lol. I hope things get better. QPR looked to be going one way a few years ago, can’t quite believe how it’s gone. IF you do end up in League One, just know it’s not a bad league to be in. Some great away days and some big clubs too (including Cheltenham, my team lol)

Apologies if my message was negative… I think the mention of those three players reminded me of how much I and most QPR fans disliked them and that stage of our history, which has rather blotted out all of the quality heritage from the previous four decades.
[Post edited 7 Jan 16:06]
QPR Review on 16:08 - Jan 7 with 3318 viewsR_from_afar

QPR Review on 15:43 - Jan 7 by GlosGroundhop

Haha, you're welcome 😊

If you support Cheltenham, you will feel our pain because your season has been as poor as ours. I saw Rangers play at your place in the League Cup years ago. I hope your season picks up and you avoid the drop.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

QPR Review on 16:33 - Jan 7 with 3217 viewsGlosGroundhop

QPR Review on 16:08 - Jan 7 by R_from_afar

Haha, you're welcome 😊

If you support Cheltenham, you will feel our pain because your season has been as poor as ours. I saw Rangers play at your place in the League Cup years ago. I hope your season picks up and you avoid the drop.

It’s been a tough season, but we changed our manager in October and we are a completley different team. Sadly a lot of damage was done by the lack of standards set by the previous manager and chairman turning a blind eye because the manager was a ‘nice guy.’ Suddenly we look fitter, stronger, better, and we’ve just beat top of the table, so I’m hopeful
QPR Review on 17:07 - Jan 7 with 3114 viewsGlosGroundhop

QPR Review on 16:05 - Jan 7 by Hastings_Hoops

Apologies if my message was negative… I think the mention of those three players reminded me of how much I and most QPR fans disliked them and that stage of our history, which has rather blotted out all of the quality heritage from the previous four decades.
[Post edited 7 Jan 16:06]

That’s fair. The notable people often gets people’s backs up, mainly because I don’t name every single player that ever played for a club, so someone always finds someone I’ve ommitted then is flummoxed by the fact I didn’t mention them. For example, I could have said Heidur Helguson and Richard Dunne. But Julio Cesar and Ji Sung Park are champions league winners, so I included them on the list. Yossi Benayoun I included because I just liked him as a player.
QPR Review on 18:48 - Jan 7 with 2955 viewsGlosGroundhop

QPR Review on 13:53 - Jan 7 by QPunkR

Cheese?

Wallace? Is that you?
QPR Review on 21:43 - Jan 7 with 2741 viewsGlosGroundhop

QPR Review on 14:11 - Jan 7 by KerryE

Wrtten by someone who thinks the premier league invented english football.

Div 2 runners up in 76 apparently. I guess its the word ''championship'' that confused the writer, bless him.

Thanks for feedback Kerry. I’m unsure what you mean? Also, I’m aware football existed before 1992
QPR Review on 13:11 - Jan 8 with 2442 viewsterryb

QPR Review on 21:43 - Jan 7 by GlosGroundhop

Thanks for feedback Kerry. I’m unsure what you mean? Also, I’m aware football existed before 1992

What he meant was that in 1975/76 Queens Park Rangers were runners up in the FIRST Division, not the second division.

This happens to be the best team & season in the club's history and it is a very poor mistake on your part. I'm sure you knew it was Division One & just typed it incorrectly, but it does lose you a lot of credence,

Not that events from nearly 50 years ago have any bearing on your visit!
QPR Review on 16:32 - Jan 8 with 2233 viewsQPunkR

QPR Review on 18:48 - Jan 7 by GlosGroundhop

Wallace? Is that you?

Just the standard messageboard question to a new poster. Nothing malicious or plasticine-based

QPR - "shit but local"

QPR Review on 15:26 - Jan 9 with 1856 viewsGlosGroundhop

Fair enough.
QPR Review on 15:34 - Jan 9 with 1837 viewsSheffieldHoop

Used to be loads of these blogs back around 2005-2010, quite a few of our regular away fans had their own doing match reports and that.

I guess the kind of person who did those is now doing the Vlog channels on youtube. Must say, this feels very old school. I'm sure there is an audience for it, I'm just not sure they're spending much time on the internet.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

QPR Review on 22:04 - Jan 9 with 1615 viewsblackageofcomics

Comics Unleashed https://blackageofcomics.com explores the transformative journey from light entertainment to powerful social commentary. Graphic novels, diverse voices, and black comic artists shape a dynamic cultural movement. Despite censorship, comics persist in pushing boundaries. The digital age promises an exciting future, solidifying comics as integral to multimedia storytelling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024