Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention 10:10 - Sep 27 with 1074 viewssimmo

Can anyone give me a run down on how the Djib was last night? I have only really seen him against Tottenham where he kept drifting out wide and he looked a little lethargic.

Goals have been a bit of an issue for us so having him sharp and clinical again is fundamental. I know he scored which he is always capable of but how was his overall play? Did he link up well with BZ when he came on? Do you think he looked good enough to warrant a start alongside Bobby on Monday?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 10:13 - Sep 27 with 955 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

I was there and my assessment for whats it's worht is......
kept drifting out wide left
Seemed to be lacking a little pace like he's lost a yard
Got caught offside alot seemed like about 10 times
Had a shot from range very wild seemed to snatch at it like he was lacking confidence
and then he pops up and scores a screamer and god did it mean a lot to him, you can't leave him out.
Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 10:18 - Sep 27 with 930 viewslondonscottish

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 10:13 - Sep 27 by johnswiltsqpr

I was there and my assessment for whats it's worht is......
kept drifting out wide left
Seemed to be lacking a little pace like he's lost a yard
Got caught offside alot seemed like about 10 times
Had a shot from range very wild seemed to snatch at it like he was lacking confidence
and then he pops up and scores a screamer and god did it mean a lot to him, you can't leave him out.

Totally agree with that assessment

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 10:22 - Sep 27 with 905 viewssimmo

Not so much of a problem with him drifting wide if Bobby is on the middle. Some of the crosses he put in on Sunday were pretty good but only Hoilett going after them.

Also against West Ham we will need Zamora back defending set pieces so makes sense to have pace of Cisse on counter attacks. Hopefully the game time last night will make him sharper

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 10:25 - Sep 27 with 894 viewsFerdy

I thought he was pretty terrible for 99% of the game. I was hoping he would realise that he could beat Gorkks for pace but he only seemed to try to once. He has a great shot on him though.

Zamora has to start ahead of him for me with Hoilett just behind. Hoilett seems to be much more effective through the middle.
Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 10:31 - Sep 27 with 868 viewsdaveB

i thought he did ok, he's not a lone striker but did the role as best he could, worked hard, needs to learn the offside rules, it was a bit Dominic Iofra at one stage. His goal was fantastic though
Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 10:43 - Sep 27 with 834 viewsNorthernr

Agree with Dave. Did ok, went offside too often, scored a great goal, not a lone striker by any stretch.
Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 10:50 - Sep 27 with 805 viewsJuzzie

I've no problem with Cisse going out wide if that's the only option as Hoilett was then going into the box (and vice-versa when Hoilett went out wide) but we didn't really test them that much I felt.

Gorkks was there to be beaten for pace but rarely was the through-ball played along the ground. When a ball was pumped up in the air Gorrks dealt with it because that's what he's good at as long as he doesn't have to run.
Can't quite see why we didn't exploit that.
Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 10:52 - Sep 27 with 802 viewsnadera78

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 10:31 - Sep 27 by daveB

i thought he did ok, he's not a lone striker but did the role as best he could, worked hard, needs to learn the offside rules, it was a bit Dominic Iofra at one stage. His goal was fantastic though

He looked short of form and game time. Then he popped up and struck that ball like he was in the middle of a great goal-scoring run. Him and Zamora on Monday with Park and Hoillet out wide.
Login to get fewer ads

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 11:00 - Sep 27 with 779 viewssimmo

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 10:52 - Sep 27 by nadera78

He looked short of form and game time. Then he popped up and struck that ball like he was in the middle of a great goal-scoring run. Him and Zamora on Monday with Park and Hoillet out wide.

I was thinking the same except swap Taarabt for Park out wide. I know it might upset a few of the new demographic but Park doesn't need to start every game

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 11:05 - Sep 27 with 768 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Same as Dave and Northern.

He hasn't lost any pace. If guilty of anything it was trying too hard like any striker not getting games, wanting their first goal and getting a bit frustrated about it. Plenty around me were moaning about him until he unleashed that rocket.

He isn't a loan striker who will win headers, and with our failure to work the ball up the pitch and continual passing back to Cesar he was getting a lot of long balls for Gorkks to outjump and outmuscle him.

Cisse should always be in the starting 11 for me. A prolific goalscorer still and very entertaining to. What's not to like.
Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 11:19 - Sep 27 with 731 viewsQPunkR

I didn't go to the game last night, but everyone and his dog knows that the Djib isn't an effective lone striker. I'm still valiantly keeping him in my TFF team and I really think we have to go 2 up top against Wet Spam next week - they're a promoted team not on a great run and we have a chance for our 1st 3 point haul of the season.
B0llocks to it - go all out for the win

QPR - "shit but local"

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 11:45 - Sep 27 with 695 viewsAGEREPC01

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 11:19 - Sep 27 by QPunkR

I didn't go to the game last night, but everyone and his dog knows that the Djib isn't an effective lone striker. I'm still valiantly keeping him in my TFF team and I really think we have to go 2 up top against Wet Spam next week - they're a promoted team not on a great run and we have a chance for our 1st 3 point haul of the season.
B0llocks to it - go all out for the win

For my 2cents:
-It seems that hughes needs 10 games to figure out his own team. That team yesterday was ANOTHER experiment, and a free one as it doesnt count in the standings.
-Dyer passed again at RB. Cisse gained from this experience. The CB pairing Failed again. This team is a lot better than the results the CBs is a BIG, BIG problem and Kaspar pointed that this out.
-The edict on Mbia was largely good, but Hughes SHOULD have subbed him at the half. I would have brought in Derry. also Mbia and Hill are the better options at CB than Onuha who now owns the LB spot, with Dyer right. Eventually a true CB is needed whether its Dawson, or someone else. (Personally I want Danny Wilson from Lpool, but a a potential future starter).
-If we play a lone striker, I would like to see Taarbs on the left and Junior on the right. both of whom run (successfully) at oponents.

stainrod81

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 12:02 - Sep 27 with 650 viewsQPunkR

Oh I agree about the wingers completely.
Especially against West Ham I think Hughes should unleash our full attacking arsenal - ie no need for Sheidt-Phillips and his defensive winger work on the flank

QPR - "shit but local"

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 12:23 - Sep 27 with 598 viewsthemodfather

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 12:02 - Sep 27 by QPunkR

Oh I agree about the wingers completely.
Especially against West Ham I think Hughes should unleash our full attacking arsenal - ie no need for Sheidt-Phillips and his defensive winger work on the flank

cisse always offside and then did what he does, scored a thunderbolt, should have been a winner....
zamora can't hold the ball up.
park is lost out wide i feel.
cisse cannot do the lone role, i thought maybe adel would be just behind him but no...
Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 12:47 - Sep 27 with 503 viewskensalriser

West Ham not on a great run? 8 points from 5 doesn't look too bad to me. I'd be ecstatic if we'd managed that.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 12:48 - Sep 27 with 498 viewsTacticalR

He scored a great goal, but I feel his celebration sent out completely the wrong signal, because it made people think the game was won on 70 minutes, when it wasn't.

Air hostess clique

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 12:53 - Sep 27 with 481 viewsWatford_Ranger

I thought Bothroyd was playing with bleached hair for the first 70 minutes.
Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 12:55 - Sep 27 with 476 viewsVish

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 12:48 - Sep 27 by TacticalR

He scored a great goal, but I feel his celebration sent out completely the wrong signal, because it made people think the game was won on 70 minutes, when it wasn't.

harsh.

he celebrated as he's been desperate to score. I don't think anyone assumed it was to be the winner.
Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 12:57 - Sep 27 with 465 viewsQPunkR

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 12:47 - Sep 27 by kensalriser

West Ham not on a great run? 8 points from 5 doesn't look too bad to me. I'd be ecstatic if we'd managed that.

Sorry, just to clarify, I meant to say that West Ham are Sheidt!

QPR - "shit but local"

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 13:00 - Sep 27 with 455 viewss1cRanger

I was actually having a bit of a moan when he scored the goal, I thought he had screwed up another attacking chance by not playing the ball. Then a rocket shot from shut me up. Love the emotion as he clearly is another passionate player.

Nice of him to clap us when we were singing OLE OLE OLE OLE CISSE CISSE!
Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 13:11 - Sep 27 with 428 viewsDieByYourSide

Anonymous for almost the entirety of the match, snatching at or being too hesitant over any half chance he got as well as being caught offside numerous times. Then he unleashed a rocket of a shot as we all know, and might just have been letting out a TINY bit of frustration in the celebration...

Poll: And it's hi ho

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 13:12 - Sep 27 with 426 viewsheadhoops

spot on simmo

tarbs on the left, Cisse and bobby in the middle - jnr wide right.

wet spam at home we have to be looking for 3 points so no more 1 up top.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 13:20 - Sep 27 with 406 viewsQPunkR

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 13:12 - Sep 27 by headhoops

spot on simmo

tarbs on the left, Cisse and bobby in the middle - jnr wide right.

wet spam at home we have to be looking for 3 points so no more 1 up top.

+1

QPR - "shit but local"

Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 14:23 - Sep 27 with 334 viewswillis1980

i wouldve liked us to field a few of our fringe players yesterday, purely on the basis that they know how to play and win ugly whereas the new bunch appeared frustrated by readings counter attacking football. last night appeared like artist vs artesan to me, reading did a great job of preventing us from playing attractive football the way we have been recently.
Cisse - Those that were there/paid attention on 16:07 - Sep 27 with 285 viewsNeil_SI

We didn't utilise his strengths in the match, so he played a role that doesn't suit his style. He had his back to goal a lot, tried to win balls in the air, but wasn't very successful and looked a flat footed and sluggish overall.

He got himself caught in offside positions far too much as well, which was unnecessary and because it happened very high up the pitch, often near the half way line, it killed any momentum we tried to build. This was annoying given his pedigree and experience.

It sounds bad, but he just looked like someone who needed minutes under his belt to find his sharpness. The goal will have done him the world of good and hopefully take him to the next level, so I don't have any worries about him.

But we want to be getting him on the shoulder of players and in on the half turn. We were finding him quite high up the pitch where, 40-50 metres from goal where he sometimes turned and ran at goal from there taking wild shots, or trying to knock the ball around players and burst past them. He's not quite at his best to be able to do that from that position, but if you'd hedge your bets on him if he was 20-25 yards out and you found him on the ball to feet there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024