Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton memories 10:48 - Oct 17 with 2825 viewsNorthernr

We've actually had some right belters with Everton in the last 30 years - and some of our best performances. Obviously the Ferdinand, Sinton, Allen consecutive hat tricks, the hand of Devon White on the last day of the Lower Loft, the 1-0 home win in 1987 that put us top (or second?), the 3-0 a couple of years before that when they were reigning champions I think.

Good omen in the 1991 match as well - won 3-1 after starting the season without a home win in seven and with only one win from the first 12. Barker scored a great goal right at the death.

Memories? At any of these matches? Been a while since we had a decent reminisce about the good old days
Everton memories on 10:59 - Oct 17 with 1729 viewsericgen34

Well, each time I was there for games against Everton we won (I think I saw 3), and I am going this Sunday!
Everton memories on 11:04 - Oct 17 with 1713 viewsTW_R

I remember us winning 4-2 with them going down to 10-men. I think Bardsley scored a cracker from a free kick.
Everton memories on 11:06 - Oct 17 with 1708 viewsjamois

Hate to sound a sour note, but my keenest memory of Everton was as a kid watching our opening game of the 76/77 season against them, flushed with the promise of the previous season, and being royally thumped 0-4.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Everton memories on 11:08 - Oct 17 with 1700 viewsNorthernr

Everton memories on 11:04 - Oct 17 by TW_R

I remember us winning 4-2 with them going down to 10-men. I think Bardsley scored a cracker from a free kick.

Think they went down to nine men that day. Southall got sent off for handling outside the box, we went 3-0 up and then they brought Stuart Barlow on and got it back to 3-2 at one stage. Sinton got his hat trick goal to seal it 4-2. That might have been Boxing Day actually. Definitely 92/93 season.
Everton memories on 11:08 - Oct 17 with 1699 viewsDesertBoot

Beating them 1-0 when we got off to a flyer in the 1987/88 season.
From memory, Jim Smith brought in and shipped out several players - with immediate success.
Didn't we win something like 7 out of the first 8?

Wish I could be like David Watts

Everton memories on 11:14 - Oct 17 with 1687 viewsjeffro

Devon White with a right hook on the ball, flying into the net, and the goal standing.

Neville Southall refusing to go in at half time as Everton were so poor, so he sat against his goal whilst the rest went in for a team talk.

Memories
Everton memories on 11:16 - Oct 17 with 1679 viewsNorthernr

Everton memories on 11:14 - Oct 17 by jeffro

Devon White with a right hook on the ball, flying into the net, and the goal standing.

Neville Southall refusing to go in at half time as Everton were so poor, so he sat against his goal whilst the rest went in for a team talk.

Memories

I've written about that Devon White goal for the programme this week. Last day of the Lower Loft terrace being fully open.
Everton memories on 11:16 - Oct 17 with 1678 viewsTW_R

Everton memories on 11:08 - Oct 17 by Northernr

Think they went down to nine men that day. Southall got sent off for handling outside the box, we went 3-0 up and then they brought Stuart Barlow on and got it back to 3-2 at one stage. Sinton got his hat trick goal to seal it 4-2. That might have been Boxing Day actually. Definitely 92/93 season.

Yes - that's right. They had one sent off for pulling Peacock's hair. We looked brilliant until they had 9 men and then we seemed to just stop playing. It looked like it was going to be a cricket score at one point!
Login to get fewer ads

Everton memories on 11:22 - Oct 17 with 1660 viewsHantsR

Akos trying to pass to me in the Lower Loft rather than in the net - thereby thumping ball against the upright!
Everton memories on 11:22 - Oct 17 with 1660 viewsjamois

We always seem to do badly against 9 men

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Everton memories on 11:23 - Oct 17 with 1658 viewsdaveB

two games come to mind.

Easter Monday 1993, Les Ferdinand after years of racial abuse at Everton scored his second hat trick in 3 days, we were amazing that day 5-1 up and then let in two late goals. The home game that year was great as well, two sent off for them, we went 3-0 up then they came back to 3-2 and should have equalised before Sinton got his hat trick and killed it off.

A game in 1987 as well comes to mind. We were unbeaten and played them in a midweek game. They had a big old centre forward playing possibly Graham Sharp up against Paul Parker and Parker won everything in the air against him, so much so that he was taken off at half time and they brought another big lump on and Parker dominated him in the air as well. We won the game 1-0, Martin Allen scored and went top of the league but Parker was sensational that day, one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen.
Everton memories on 11:23 - Oct 17 with 1658 viewsblacky200

Everton memories on 11:16 - Oct 17 by TW_R

Yes - that's right. They had one sent off for pulling Peacock's hair. We looked brilliant until they had 9 men and then we seemed to just stop playing. It looked like it was going to be a cricket score at one point!

I won about £90 on that game. I had first goal scorer and final score. Seem to remember it was 4-1 when they had their second player sent off and I went mad cheering when they scored to make it 4-2 and received loads of abuse as the loft thought I was one of them.
Everton memories on 11:26 - Oct 17 with 1652 viewsstuabd

I remember crying a lot after we got hammered 5-1 in 1977. The first game I went to with my dad as a little kid was a pretty miserable experience from what I can remember. Decent Chinese food on the way home, though.
Everton memories on 11:35 - Oct 17 with 1640 viewsKevinPR

Everton memories on 11:08 - Oct 17 by Northernr

Yep, I remember this one well.

My first game was at home to Everton in 1984. Finished 0-0, but both teams finished with 9 men that day!
Everton memories on 11:39 - Oct 17 with 1635 viewsTacticalR

I was at the QPR-Everton match in 1995...unfortunately I have completely blotted it from memory.

Looking at the team sheet we had a much better team than Everton, with Ferdinand and Gallen up front, but we lost 2-3 with a Macca own goal.

I see from the program that Youth Development was taken seriously...Billy Bonds who had been West Ham manager for four years was the QPR Youth Team manager.

Air hostess clique

Everton memories on 11:40 - Oct 17 with 1629 viewsklr

I remember the Everton match in the Classic FM season, but I'm sure I remember Gary Penrice scoring a hatrick or did he score 2 ?, back in the good old days when you could walk all the way round in to half of The Loft from the East Paddock.
Everton memories on 11:52 - Oct 17 with 1608 viewsparker64

Vaguely remember being 2 up and losing 3-2 in the last minute with a belting free kick at the School End from Hinchcliffe I think.

Also remember one game where Everton were losing but they kept passing it back to Southall and out again. This was greeted with raucous cheering from the Rs fans which got louder and louder as Everton carried on passing it back. Very funny.
Everton memories on 11:53 - Oct 17 with 1607 viewshamptonhillhoop

The 3 - 0 when they were top of the league had a great row in it. Pat Van Den Hauwe went up for a header and elbowed one of our players. While our man was lying prostrate on the floor Simon Stainrod decked Andy Gray so two players were flat out. Massive melee ensued, Van Den Hauwe and Stainrod sent off. All right in front of me in the paddock. Great laugh
Everton memories on 11:54 - Oct 17 with 1605 viewsdaveB

Everton memories on 11:40 - Oct 17 by klr

I remember the Everton match in the Classic FM season, but I'm sure I remember Gary Penrice scoring a hatrick or did he score 2 ?, back in the good old days when you could walk all the way round in to half of The Loft from the East Paddock.

Penrice scored that day but Sinton got the hat trick
Everton memories on 12:02 - Oct 17 with 1589 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I only despise three clubs - Chelsea, Luton and Everton. What outstanding company for our visitors to find themselves in.

Incredibly violent? Place a tick beside all three.
Incredibly racist? Place a tick beside Chelsea and Everton
Always beat us? Step forward, well, no-one...

For the endless chants of 'Everton are White', for the ape that walked past us on Tunis Road spitting 'at least we ain't got any nig__s playing for us (that was after the 4-2)', for the fascists that sent two sacks of hate mail to Paul Parker when it was rumoured Everton were interested in signing him, for their ex-manager who, having failed to agree personal terms with one black player, screamed after him 'don't know what the f__k you were thinking anyway you f__king c_n', for all of that and for their utter failure to address the years of fascist bile inside and outside Goodison I loathe and detest Everton.

That's my memories of them. Oh, and of us absolutely tanking them time, after time, after time. Have that, you scum!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Everton memories on 12:08 - Oct 17 with 1587 viewsW7Ranger

The 4-2 in 92/93 as has already been mentioned. Probably the only time an opposing player got a sympathetic round of applause from the whole ground when Southall got sent off! Even Ferdinand's appeal to the ref was half hearted because he knew it was just an instinctive reaction from Southall to catch the ball when it was headed back to him!

The midweek 1-0 win in the 80's - a belter from Martin Allen, we went top of the League.

The 3-2 defeat around 94/95 when Hinchcliffe scored a late free-kick.

Also remember the our second to last win in the Prem before we got relegated in 96. Think it was over Easter and we won 3-1. Probably our best performance of the season, we were superb that day. I remember one goal where were defending the loft end and were under pressure. We won the ball on the edge of the box and counter attacked with skill and pace, and within about 10 seconds we'd turned defence into a goal! Pretty sure it was Sinclair that scored it, but it was a superb goal. After that win I thought we were gonna stay up. Then we played Coventry away shortly after and lost that and suddenly dawned on us that we were going down! Gallen goal disallowed, and getting pelted with coins!!! khunts!!

Everton memories on 12:12 - Oct 17 with 1578 viewsTW_R

Everton memories on 12:08 - Oct 17 by W7Ranger

The 4-2 in 92/93 as has already been mentioned. Probably the only time an opposing player got a sympathetic round of applause from the whole ground when Southall got sent off! Even Ferdinand's appeal to the ref was half hearted because he knew it was just an instinctive reaction from Southall to catch the ball when it was headed back to him!

The midweek 1-0 win in the 80's - a belter from Martin Allen, we went top of the League.

The 3-2 defeat around 94/95 when Hinchcliffe scored a late free-kick.

Also remember the our second to last win in the Prem before we got relegated in 96. Think it was over Easter and we won 3-1. Probably our best performance of the season, we were superb that day. I remember one goal where were defending the loft end and were under pressure. We won the ball on the edge of the box and counter attacked with skill and pace, and within about 10 seconds we'd turned defence into a goal! Pretty sure it was Sinclair that scored it, but it was a superb goal. After that win I thought we were gonna stay up. Then we played Coventry away shortly after and lost that and suddenly dawned on us that we were going down! Gallen goal disallowed, and getting pelted with coins!!! khunts!!

Everton memories on 12:20 - Oct 17 with 1566 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Two questions from that clip:-

1) Who was the Everton goalie who replaced Southall (no googling!)
2) Only ever left footed assist from Bardsley (for Sinton's second)?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Everton memories on 12:21 - Oct 17 with 1562 viewsKevinPR

Everton memories on 12:20 - Oct 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Two questions from that clip:-

1) Who was the Everton goalie who replaced Southall (no googling!)
2) Only ever left footed assist from Bardsley (for Sinton's second)?

Can't see the clip... but Jason Kearton would be my guess.
Everton memories on 12:22 - Oct 17 with 1556 viewsW7Ranger

Everton memories on 12:21 - Oct 17 by KevinPR

Can't see the clip... but Jason Kearton would be my guess.

Correct there. Aussie???

Played bloody well an' all!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024