Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beard on ssn 15:59 - Nov 20 with 4251 viewsWeaverQPR

Working hard to turn season around, more meetings this evening with shareholders.

@WeavQPR

Beard on ssn on 16:02 - Nov 20 with 3022 viewsEsgaroth

Working hard to bring Harry in i hope, and along with him we will get Joe Jordan to add the fight we need to stay up, and Clive Allen and Sir Les to sort out the goal scoring side of things.

Bobs yer uncle

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Beard on ssn on 16:06 - Nov 20 with 2965 viewsPinnerPaul

Beard on ssn on 16:02 - Nov 20 by Esgaroth

Working hard to bring Harry in i hope, and along with him we will get Joe Jordan to add the fight we need to stay up, and Clive Allen and Sir Les to sort out the goal scoring side of things.

Bobs yer uncle

I wish it were that easy!

I actually feel a bit sorry for PB.

Brought in to look after new training ground and stadium, write the odd nice PR article in the programme but has had to become the acceptable face of the management trying to keep fans happy.

He does a decent job to be fair and we all know (or at least should!) that he isn't actually a football man, shareholder or on the mythical "board" that keeps getting mentioned.

I hope he stays where ever we end up, certainly easier on the ear than Paladini!
Beard on ssn on 16:11 - Nov 20 with 2924 viewsadhoc_qpr

It just worries me that it's taken until this critical stage for the board to understand the depth of the problems.

No wins this season, no away wins ever, no back to back wins ever, joint worst ever prem start (soon to be new worst ever), no consistency, no discipline etc etc etc

These problems have not materialised because of a loss to Soton, everyone has acknowledged them for weeks/months - but Hughes has this strange spell over TF!

The board is very slow to act and Hughes has benefited from the fans desperate wish for stability when we should have turned on him after the Reading game.
Beard on ssn on 16:12 - Nov 20 with 2913 viewsessextaxiboy

Bobs yer uncle

I had forgotten the ex Rs on his team !

get em in ...what could possibly go wrong ?
Beard on ssn on 16:27 - Nov 20 with 2795 viewsblacky200

Beard on ssn on 16:11 - Nov 20 by adhoc_qpr

It just worries me that it's taken until this critical stage for the board to understand the depth of the problems.

No wins this season, no away wins ever, no back to back wins ever, joint worst ever prem start (soon to be new worst ever), no consistency, no discipline etc etc etc

These problems have not materialised because of a loss to Soton, everyone has acknowledged them for weeks/months - but Hughes has this strange spell over TF!

The board is very slow to act and Hughes has benefited from the fans desperate wish for stability when we should have turned on him after the Reading game.

What makes you think the board doesn't undestand the depth of the problem? Just because they haven't done what you want them too doesn't mean they think everything is rosy in the garden.
Beard on ssn on 16:30 - Nov 20 with 2764 viewsCharlie1

Beard on ssn on 16:27 - Nov 20 by blacky200

What makes you think the board doesn't undestand the depth of the problem? Just because they haven't done what you want them too doesn't mean they think everything is rosy in the garden.

We need a director of football or some similar / expanded role

ie Gerry Francis on the board

2:59 baby!

Beard on ssn on 16:33 - Nov 20 with 2739 viewswombat

Beard on ssn on 16:30 - Nov 20 by Charlie1

We need a director of football or some similar / expanded role

ie Gerry Francis on the board

arry the twitch short term handing over to sir les and david bardsley in a couple of years time

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Beard on ssn on 16:35 - Nov 20 with 2710 viewsWestbourneR

Sir Les is no manager imo.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

Beard on ssn on 16:35 - Nov 20 with 2702 viewsDesertBoot

I'm not one for rumour or "tweets" but Redknapp was sounded out about the job very early into the season.
Hughes was being assessed from day one of the season and effectively had a ten game honeymoon period this season.
It's a possibilty Redknapp will come. He hasn't said no and Beard hasn't said Hughes definitely stays.
This comes from a regular match sponsor and W12 regular whose last info was Zamora and AJ were coming to QPR several weeks before either signed.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Beard on ssn on 16:37 - Nov 20 with 2694 viewsGloucs_R

Beard on ssn on 16:06 - Nov 20 by PinnerPaul

I wish it were that easy!

I actually feel a bit sorry for PB.

Brought in to look after new training ground and stadium, write the odd nice PR article in the programme but has had to become the acceptable face of the management trying to keep fans happy.

He does a decent job to be fair and we all know (or at least should!) that he isn't actually a football man, shareholder or on the mythical "board" that keeps getting mentioned.

I hope he stays where ever we end up, certainly easier on the ear than Paladini!

I like Beard. I met him and Tony outside the ground and asked for my photo with Tony who in turn told Beard to take it!! So there is the QPR CEO taking my photo....bizarre.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Beard on ssn on 16:42 - Nov 20 with 2666 viewsadhoc_qpr

Because up until now all we have had is tweets from TF saying 'the cream will rise to the top', 'for the millionth time Hughes will not be sacked' etc etc.

But this week after the Soton game we've had public apologies from two board members to fans and Beard stating the board will be meeting in the next 48 hours 'to turn this season around' i.e. crisis talks in anyone's vocabularly.

Bit of a sea change there no?
Beard on ssn on 16:46 - Nov 20 with 2622 viewsdaveB

I still hope it isn't Redknapp
Beard on ssn on 16:56 - Nov 20 with 2576 viewsBerkoRanger

Bobs yer uncle

My sentiments exactly - and when Harry decides to retire, let Big Joe take on the job, with Clive and Sir Les. Sounds good to me.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Beard on ssn on 17:04 - Nov 20 with 2508 viewsPinnerPaul

THE "BOARD" IS TF, AB PLUS 1 - HOW MANY TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the plus 1 doesn't have a title, AB is Vice chair of the holdings company only.

The FC has one board member has far as I can see, and that's the chairman Mr TF.

Beard and Rigg answer to TF, not the other way round!

I don't want TH to stay either but it is going to be TF's decision - accept that!
Beard on ssn on 17:06 - Nov 20 with 2487 viewsPinnerPaul

Beard on ssn on 17:04 - Nov 20 by PinnerPaul

The FC has one board member has far as I can see, and that's the chairman Mr TF.

I don't want TH to stay either but it is going to be TF's decision - accept that!

Who the hell is TH?

sorry!
Beard on ssn on 17:09 - Nov 20 with 2464 viewsjonno

Beard on ssn on 16:35 - Nov 20 by DesertBoot

I'm not one for rumour or "tweets" but Redknapp was sounded out about the job very early into the season.
Hughes was being assessed from day one of the season and effectively had a ten game honeymoon period this season.
It's a possibilty Redknapp will come. He hasn't said no and Beard hasn't said Hughes definitely stays.
This comes from a regular match sponsor and W12 regular whose last info was Zamora and AJ were coming to QPR several weeks before either signed.

The fact that they asked Hughes to resign is a pretty good sign they want shot of him!
Beard on ssn on 17:11 - Nov 20 with 2444 viewsadhoc_qpr

You keep saying it, but you're still wrong!

Ruben Emir Gnanalingam and Kamarudin Meranun are Directors and have a substantial interest in the club.
Beard on ssn on 17:14 - Nov 20 with 2418 viewsPinnerPaul

Beard on ssn on 17:11 - Nov 20 by adhoc_qpr

You keep saying it, but you're still wrong!

Ruben Emir Gnanalingam and Kamarudin Meranun are Directors and have a substantial interest in the club.

Why are they not listed as either directors or members of the board in the club directory in the programme then?

I'm not denying they haven't got an agreement in place with Tony but they are not on the board or listed as officers of either the FC or the Holdings company.
Beard on ssn on 17:18 - Nov 20 with 2372 viewsTheBlob

Look,just agree with him willya and maybe he'll stop shouting the odds.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Beard on ssn on 17:20 - Nov 20 with 2349 viewsdaveB

Fernandes represents them on the board so they have a say through Fernandes
Beard on ssn on 17:21 - Nov 20 with 2341 viewsBklynRanger

Regardless of the formal or informal structure of the board TF's mates will have a say I'm sure.

Ideally they'll be putting the welfare of the club over any feelings of embarassment or regret they may have but we'll see.

It's hard to believe that they wouldn't now be figuring out how to best get rid of Hughes if they really did ask him to resign.
Beard on ssn on 17:25 - Nov 20 with 2310 viewsPinnerPaul

Beard on ssn on 17:18 - Nov 20 by TheBlob

Look,just agree with him willya and maybe he'll stop shouting the odds.

Beard on ssn on 17:25 - Nov 20 with 2305 viewskropotkin41

Beard on ssn on 17:21 - Nov 20 by BklynRanger

Regardless of the formal or informal structure of the board TF's mates will have a say I'm sure.

Ideally they'll be putting the welfare of the club over any feelings of embarassment or regret they may have but we'll see.

It's hard to believe that they wouldn't now be figuring out how to best get rid of Hughes if they really did ask him to resign.

It looks like it's a question of how much change they have down the back of the sofa to pay off Hughes and his mates.

Evidently, our illustrious manager is not rich enough yet - and clearly he can't walk off without enough loot to see right by his entourage and agent........... so, TF et al who signed a contract with him and all the rest are going to have to stump up the dosh........... or we'll have to watch as Hughes presides over the worst season in not only club but English football history.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Beard on ssn on 17:26 - Nov 20 with 2302 viewsTacticalR

Hughes' "we will never be in this situation again" attitude seems to represent standard thinking within the club:

"Queens Park Rangers chief executive Philip Beard says the club will not be involved in a relegation battle this season following a summer of big-money signings."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1152384/phillip-beard:-qpr-will-avo

Air hostess clique

Beard on ssn on 17:28 - Nov 20 with 2288 viewsjeffro

incorrect.

Tony Fernandes himself has tweeted before asking us to follow fellow borad member Kugalingham or whatever his name is, he own dragons basketball team too.

Definately more unseen directors here that will make a decision
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024