Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors 14:50 - Nov 26 with 964 viewsGaztastic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/2502973.stm

Were you there?? Seem to recall us ending up cheering Vauxhall Motors as we were so rubbish. Only at QPR.....
Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 14:56 - Nov 26 with 952 viewsAntti_Heinola

For all those talking about shambles and players not trying because they're paid too much etc etc, well I give you this game. Only 8000 of us there, the biggest ramshackle shambles of utter, lazy, incompetent sh!te I have ever seen. And some of them would not have been earning much. And the much-lauded Holloway was in charge. Gibe him his due, though, he turned it round. As did Furs - in dramatic fashion. That must have been his total rock bottom that night.

Bare bones.

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 15:04 - Nov 26 with 936 viewsGloucs_R

I was in Chester for the first game, does that count?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 15:12 - Nov 26 with 932 viewsAntti_Heinola

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 15:04 - Nov 26 by Gloucs_R

More than counts!

Bare bones.

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 15:16 - Nov 26 with 923 viewsRs_Holy

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 15:12 - Nov 26 by Antti_Heinola

More than counts!

yep....sitting in the R Block.... The Good Old Days!
Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 15:30 - Nov 26 with 910 viewsNov77

quote from Holloway post match:

"Where was the passion? Where was the commitment? We looked like we were on a different planet," he said. "It's the worst day I've ever had in the office."

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 16:44 - Nov 26 with 884 viewsJuzzie

This game is often used as probably one of the lowest points in our history.

However, it wasn't as bad as may be seemed. We were 6th in the table and had not won in the League for 5 games and went another 4 games after the VM game without a win so I think that added to the perception of the VM result which was sandwiched inbetween a 9 game winless run.

Had we played and lost that game earlier when we won 7 out of 10 League games I don't think it would have been perceived as so bad .... "Promotion is more important" etc

However, from Jan 1st (winning at Peterborough) onwards we lost I think just three League games on our way to the Play Off Final.

Looking at the game over the whole season rather than just at the time it actually represented a blip in the season rather than a mammoth collapse.

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 16:52 - Nov 26 with 867 viewsklr

Cardiff at home a few weeks later was a real low point for me personally.

Probably the closest I've ever got to having a row with fellow QPR fan sitting behind me.

I remember being strongly of the opinion that Holloway should go around that period, he turned it around in the new year, but that November was f'ing grim even by QPR's standards
Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 16:55 - Nov 26 with 858 viewsToast_R

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 16:44 - Nov 26 by Juzzie

This game is often used as probably one of the lowest points in our history.

However, it wasn't as bad as may be seemed. We were 6th in the table and had not won in the League for 5 games and went another 4 games after the VM game without a win so I think that added to the perception of the VM result which was sandwiched inbetween a 9 game winless run.

Had we played and lost that game earlier when we won 7 out of 10 League games I don't think it would have been perceived as so bad .... "Promotion is more important" etc

However, from Jan 1st (winning at Peterborough) onwards we lost I think just three League games on our way to the Play Off Final.

Looking at the game over the whole season rather than just at the time it actually represented a blip in the season rather than a mammoth collapse.

Your probably right there.

If it had been another Non League team like Aylesbury or Farnham, it wouldnt have sounded so bad either. Loosing to a club named Vauxhall Motors gave the impression of a bunch of workmates doing us over.

Met Police would have been worse.
Login to get fewer ads

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 16:57 - Nov 26 with 854 viewsMrGrieves

Can't believe that was 10 years ago...

Remember their keeper Andy Ralph making a good save and hitting his head on the post. Don't know what it did to him but he was superman after that. Shootout ended with the lower loft singing his name.
Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 17:20 - Nov 26 with 827 viewseastside_r

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 15:04 - Nov 26 by Gloucs_R

Me too.

Caught man flu so missed the replay.

Recovered enough to get out of my sick-bed just in time for the 0-4 tonking by Cardiff that Friday.
Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 17:21 - Nov 26 with 825 viewsJuzzie

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 16:55 - Nov 26 by Toast_R

Your probably right there.

If it had been another Non League team like Aylesbury or Farnham, it wouldnt have sounded so bad either. Loosing to a club named Vauxhall Motors gave the impression of a bunch of workmates doing us over.

Met Police would have been worse.

Absolutely. Although the club was originally formed by a group of workers at Vauxhall Motors that was a long time ago and the club is no more teamed by factory workers than Burton Albion.

But yes, the club name did make the whole thing seem worse and I too was just as pi$$ed off at the time. But fair play to VM, they were worthy of the result.

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 17:29 - Nov 26 with 809 viewsloftboy

I was in Florida that week, asked some northerners by the pool if the knew the score, then had to out up with hours of stick off them. We then lost at home to Cardiff a few days later.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 17:30 - Nov 26 with 804 viewsparker64

I remember a patch in the second half when we couldn't get the ball off them. They were playing it around like Brazil.
Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 17:34 - Nov 26 with 802 viewsHoopstar

Horrible game. Was sat behind the goal in the Lower Loft so saw Fraser Digby's laughable attempts at saving their penalties up close. Was a cracking pass from Gino though that led to Thommo's equaliser as I recall.

While it was embarassing losing that game didn't hit me half as hard as the Soton game did. We'd been dragged through the s h i t e for years leading up to VM but it's the optimism of the pre-season that's done for me this year. It's the hope that kills you in the end as they say.
Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 17:44 - Nov 26 with 797 viewsRs_Holy

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 17:34 - Nov 26 by Hoopstar

Horrible game. Was sat behind the goal in the Lower Loft so saw Fraser Digby's laughable attempts at saving their penalties up close. Was a cracking pass from Gino though that led to Thommo's equaliser as I recall.

While it was embarassing losing that game didn't hit me half as hard as the Soton game did. We'd been dragged through the s h i t e for years leading up to VM but it's the optimism of the pre-season that's done for me this year. It's the hope that kills you in the end as they say.

you werent one of the fans holding up that "Vauxhall" sign were you???
Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 17:54 - Nov 26 with 792 viewsLimehouseR

I was there.
Couldn't face going into college the next day. Was capped off by that Friday night game after with that human log Brett Angell upfront. Didn't Earnshaw score a hatrick in like 15 minutes?
But the Vauxhall game was just surreal. Didn't that mad fan go in to the dressing rooms and debate tactics with Holloway for hours after the game?
Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 19:57 - Nov 26 with 741 viewsloftus77

Happy 10 Year Anniversary of a previous low point - defeat to Vauxhall Motors on 17:54 - Nov 26 by LimehouseR

I was there.
Couldn't face going into college the next day. Was capped off by that Friday night game after with that human log Brett Angell upfront. Didn't Earnshaw score a hatrick in like 15 minutes?
But the Vauxhall game was just surreal. Didn't that mad fan go in to the dressing rooms and debate tactics with Holloway for hours after the game?

After the Cardiff 0-4 debacle, didn't we then lose 0-3 at Notts County or something? I always think that as the low point, becoase we followed it with some vital 1-0s over Barnsley (??) and Stockport and these wins got the ball rolling.

By Easter we coudnt lose - all the way to the Millenium Stad...

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024