Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
nelsen given a good send off 22:38 - Jan 29 with 2049 viewsthemodfather

the fans at the end applauded and chanted his name and derry arranged a tunnel of honour.
we'll miss you RYAN....F BLOCK LEGEND!
nelsen given a good send off on 22:40 - Jan 29 with 1816 viewssexton

Beat me to it. Was it Derry? Shows how much respect the other players have for him, and how much we have come to appreciate him in just a few months.
nelsen given a good send off on 22:42 - Jan 29 with 1782 viewsCHUBBS

Your damn right we will.If ever a player could be a legend for half a season its Ryan Nelson.Gave us hope when all seemed lost,a light at the end of the tunnel.
He reminds of the great Alan Mcdonald in so many ways.
Goodbye and the best of luck to you and your family LEGEND.
nelsen given a good send off on 23:00 - Jan 29 with 1651 viewsBrightonhoop

Very proud he played for us and gave it his all, and rightly proud he had good send off.
nelsen given a good send off on 23:05 - Jan 29 with 1613 viewsN12Hoop

Was a lovely gesture. Massive massive blow if we don't get the right replacement.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

nelsen given a good send off on 23:19 - Jan 29 with 1555 viewsCanadaRanger

nelsen given a good send off on 22:40 - Jan 29 by sexton

Beat me to it. Was it Derry? Shows how much respect the other players have for him, and how much we have come to appreciate him in just a few months.

Total pro. Nelsen. And Derry.
nelsen given a good send off on 23:21 - Jan 29 with 1523 viewsHollowayRanger

i no crazy that he only played 20 odd games for us but by god he gave 100% every single time and if only he had stayed id feel so much more confident of our survival

even if we paid 10 mill for samba id still rather have old nelsen at the back he was safe as houses and hill and hill cover each other so well saw hill tidy up two nelsen dangers and nelsen save hill once when he got caught under a high ball and tried to head back to ceaser it didnt make it but nelsen read the danger and was there to clear,im certain anton would have just been standing there

wish him all the best and hope he makes a good go off it

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

nelsen given a good send off on 23:23 - Jan 29 with 1515 viewsbosh67

Shame for him that Toronto FC have just gone bust tonight! Did you hear that Ryan? Oh well, worth a try. Very best of luck, showed what a true professional is.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

nelsen given a good send off on 00:44 - Jan 30 with 1360 viewssmegma

The fact he's played the most games so far this season at his age says a lot. Thank you Ryan and good luck in Canada.
Login to get fewer ads

nelsen given a good send off on 01:10 - Jan 30 with 1322 viewsWallyRanger

Ryan has been exceptional, a top professional, 'triffic even! The guy has performed better than many of us expecting and I hope he's successful at Toronto, well done Nelson, you've deserved it!
nelsen given a good send off on 02:11 - Jan 30 with 1292 viewsKiwi76

Been little blast of Kiwi spotlight with his stay and bloody shame few others didn't match his level of performance and make the half season more successful.
He leaves big hole at QPR and even bigger for NZ national side but best of luck to him in new venture and have to trust he knew he was just hanging on physically.
nelsen given a good send off on 03:06 - Jan 30 with 1276 viewsEalingRanger

Highest compliment I can pay him is that I wish every other footballer was as passionate and professional as he is. Massive half-season from him. Good luck Ryan!
nelsen given a good send off on 03:25 - Jan 30 with 1265 viewsQPR_Nippon

nelsen given a good send off on 03:06 - Jan 30 by EalingRanger

Highest compliment I can pay him is that I wish every other footballer was as passionate and professional as he is. Massive half-season from him. Good luck Ryan!

Just immense again tonight. My god we're gonna miss him. I wonder how many other centre halves in the Premier League this season have performed as consistently well as Nelsen has. I'm struggling to think of any.
nelsen given a good send off on 07:15 - Jan 30 with 1147 viewsqprmick

It was a delight to see the whole defence totally committed, City didn't win much in the air.

Qprmick

nelsen given a good send off on 08:47 - Jan 30 with 1000 viewsisawqpratwcity

He makes me proud to hold a kiwi passport. His skills really aren't that exceptional, he's just a good, solid player, but his character certainly is. Always leading by example, he leaves a big hole in the team.

I'm deeply disappointed that he is leaving now but this is a new career for him, I accept that.

If nothing else, Hughes can point at Nelsen and say "I did that."

Oh, and nice touch, Shaun Derry.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

nelsen given a good send off on 08:51 - Jan 30 with 979 viewsloftus_upper

nelsen given a good send off on 08:47 - Jan 30 by isawqpratwcity

He makes me proud to hold a kiwi passport. His skills really aren't that exceptional, he's just a good, solid player, but his character certainly is. Always leading by example, he leaves a big hole in the team.

I'm deeply disappointed that he is leaving now but this is a new career for him, I accept that.

If nothing else, Hughes can point at Nelsen and say "I did that."

Oh, and nice touch, Shaun Derry.

Clint arranged the guard of honour. Nelsen was faultless yest. my god we will miss him
nelsen given a good send off on 08:59 - Jan 30 with 949 viewsMonahoop

A good, solid old fashioned type defender. Sad he is going at this stage. His performances seemed to get stronger and stronger ever since HR arrived. His true grit determination will be missed.

Nice little send off gesture after the game.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

nelsen given a good send off on 09:37 - Jan 30 with 884 viewsisawqpratwcity

nelsen given a good send off on 08:59 - Jan 30 by Monahoop

A good, solid old fashioned type defender. Sad he is going at this stage. His performances seemed to get stronger and stronger ever since HR arrived. His true grit determination will be missed.

Nice little send off gesture after the game.

Congrats on your 1,000th!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

nelsen given a good send off on 10:09 - Jan 30 with 803 viewsade_qpr

Always good to see a player go out on a high showing he still has some thing to give rather than go to long and ruin the memory. Think you have timed it right Ryan ( although wish you could of stayed for the rest of the season but it is good to see you know your future ) and so leave with a great deal of respect from me and I imagine many other R's supporters.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

nelsen given a good send off on 10:11 - Jan 30 with 791 viewsClive_Anderson

He won so many headers on the edge of the box that he had no right to win. Took the pressure off the rest of the defence time and again.

Still a bit gutted we let him go to be honest.
nelsen given a good send off on 11:31 - Jan 30 with 721 viewsdaveB

We almost signed him years ago when he left America, Holloway had him on trial but Blackburn pinched him last minute. I didn't realise what a good player he was until this season
nelsen given a good send off on 12:19 - Jan 30 with 647 viewsTonto

I am sorry to see him go - one of the better hughes signings. but legend? really? he only played 18 bloody games.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

nelsen given a good send off on 12:54 - Jan 30 with 557 viewsLoft1979

nelsen given a good send off on 12:19 - Jan 30 by Tonto

I am sorry to see him go - one of the better hughes signings. but legend? really? he only played 18 bloody games.

This string makes me proud. Good post, good comments:
BTW; We should keep this going for Derry and Clint too.
nelsen given a good send off on 13:10 - Jan 30 with 522 viewsHanwellHoop

nelsen given a good send off on 12:19 - Jan 30 by Tonto

He's done more good for us in 18 games than SWP, Anton Ferdinand, Husle, Hoillett, Boswanka, Park, and Bothroyd put together in all their appearances for us

He's not far of a Rangers legend and deserves all the praise he gets.

Good luck Ryan and thanks for everything
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
nelsen given a good send off on 13:16 - Jan 30 with 497 viewssmegma

18 games ???He's started 23 of the 29 games we've played so far.He made one appearance as a sub as well.Only Mackie and Taarabt come close in appearances.
nelsen given a good send off on 13:19 - Jan 30 with 487 viewsA40Bosh

nelsen given a good send off on 13:10 - Jan 30 by HanwellHoop

He's done more good for us in 18 games than SWP, Anton Ferdinand, Husle, Hoillett, Boswanka, Park, and Bothroyd put together in all their appearances for us

He's not far of a Rangers legend and deserves all the praise he gets.

Good luck Ryan and thanks for everything
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I failed miserably (again) in starting a new song at the back of the SAR stand with an amended version of the Them 1964 hit "Baby Please Don't Go"

Nelson Please Don't Go
Nelson Please Don't Go
Nelson Please Don't Go Down To Toronto
You Know We Love You So
Nelson Please Don't Go

Well I thought it was a good un'

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024