Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 21:29 - Apr 24 with 678 viewsdavman

Barca stuffed now Madrid stuffed.

The Bundesleague has got it right; homegrown players, cheap attendance prices and it looks like TWO Champions League finalists...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 21:42 - Apr 24 with 642 viewsHantsR

All-German final at Wembley! Prepare for invasion...tin hats on lads.
German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 22:07 - Apr 24 with 603 viewsqprwpg

Looks like it. Dortmund has 3 Polish players who stated, one of them scores 4, hardly home grown.

Twitter: @qprwpg

German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 22:07 - Apr 24 with 603 viewsqprwpg

Looks like it. Dortmund has 3 Polish players who stated, one of them scores 4, hardly home grown.

Twitter: @qprwpg

German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 22:20 - Apr 24 with 573 viewsFredManRave

German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 21:42 - Apr 24 by HantsR

All-German final at Wembley! Prepare for invasion...tin hats on lads.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 22:20 - Apr 24 with 573 viewsMrSheen

German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 22:07 - Apr 24 by qprwpg

Dortmund are much better at promoting kids than Bayern, who can take their pick of the best German (eg Gotze of Dortmund for e32m yesterday) and increasingly global talent, and can afford to be less patient. And while there are thousands of cheap season tickets, the clubs also charge tens of thousands of supporters e60 and upwards for home games. Still, the way they play, you can't say you don't get value for money even at those prices.

Hats off to the ref too. Didn't fall for play-acting, let some tough tackles go, got the two penalty decisions right in my eyes and, best of all, showed Ozil a card when he waved an imaginary one.
German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 22:22 - Apr 24 with 565 viewsYorkRanger

Got tickets for the final. Pleased it looks good for Dortmund but had hoped to see Messi.
German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 22:23 - Apr 24 with 562 viewsted_hendrix

Thought Dortmund were excellent tonight, I'd like to see them win the goddam thing

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 22:23 - Apr 24 with 562 viewsjamois

German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 22:20 - Apr 24 by MrSheen

Dortmund are much better at promoting kids than Bayern, who can take their pick of the best German (eg Gotze of Dortmund for e32m yesterday) and increasingly global talent, and can afford to be less patient. And while there are thousands of cheap season tickets, the clubs also charge tens of thousands of supporters e60 and upwards for home games. Still, the way they play, you can't say you don't get value for money even at those prices.

Hats off to the ref too. Didn't fall for play-acting, let some tough tackles go, got the two penalty decisions right in my eyes and, best of all, showed Ozil a card when he waved an imaginary one.

yes one of the best refereeing performance i've seen in a while. really let the game flow.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Login to get fewer ads

German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 08:59 - Apr 25 with 455 viewssimmo

When they sat on the 18 yard line and just took in the support from the 'yellow wall', it felt like a real special moment.

Always had a bit of a tent pole for Dortmund, be a real shame if they lose Lewandowski as well as Gotze but Klopp replaced Kagawa pretty seamlessly so hopefully they have suitable back ups planned. Persoanlly I dont know why players want to leave. Playing that brand of football in that stadium with a team of players no older than 27 (bar the keeper). It is not as if they are not competing with the big boys of Europe

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 09:05 - Apr 25 with 445 viewscjc

Germany seem to have got the football lark sussed with a great atmosphere and good prices.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 09:06 - Apr 25 with 445 viewscoolranger

Dortmund won the Champions League in 1997 and then nearly went bust. Believe it or not Bayern gave them a E1.3 million loan to cover immediate bills, and from there the rebuilding process began. The club is basically owned by the fans now. Entry for Bundesliga games is as low as E15 for some seats.

Basic policy implemented around 2000 that the budget would ensure expenditure was less than income every year. Developed many home grown players and picked up cheap foreign imports - Mario Goetze has been at Dortmund since he was 8 years old.

Today they play in front of 80,000 for Bundesliga games. They are great to watch and have an engaging manager. Dortmund are a great story and offer much for us to learn. May well be a club ahead of their time.
German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 10:22 - Apr 25 with 408 viewsKonk

German Clubs 2 Spanish Clubs 0 on 22:20 - Apr 24 by MrSheen

It makes me chuckle this myth that everyone gets into German grounds for a fiver. As you say, there are plenty of very affordable tickets - which is laudable - but in my experience at least half the tickets are priced not far off what you'd expect to pay to watch a game at one of the smaller PL clubs in London.

And half the games I've been to in Germany, you get a decent atmosphere on the terraces, but other than that, it's not so different from a half-decent game in England. And I find the whole, regimented, contrived, orchestrated Ultras bollocks a bit dull, now I've seen the same thing across the whole of Europe and elsewhere. Doesn't reflect what's happening on the pitch at all, and in the end, you just end up zoning it out. Give me a good, responsive atmosphere that ebbs and flows at an English ground anyday.

Much to admire about German football, but I don't think it's perfect.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024