Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITV lose FA Cup rights 11:05 - Jul 17 with 1778 viewsNorthernr

On BBC and BT from 2014/15 for four seasons.
ITV lose FA Cup rights on 11:15 - Jul 17 with 1403 viewsN12Hoop

Great news. Can't stand ITV: the adverts, useless presenters and generally awful 'experts' like Andy Townsend (with the sole excpetion of Roy Keane).

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 11:19 - Jul 17 with 1380 viewsDesertBoot

Good news at last for the FA Cup itself and for football supporters everywhere.
ITV have made the sport unwatchable with awful presenters, pundits, commentators and co-commentators.

Wish I could be like David Watts

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 11:21 - Jul 17 with 1375 viewsToast_R

Yep ITV should just bat out of football. Their coverage is far too clumsey for the live sports world of today.

They are a slave to the Coronation Street brigade getting irrate when a match over runs.

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 11:21 - Jul 17 with 1371 viewstoboboly

So this is what it feels like when doves cry.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 11:28 - Jul 17 with 1347 viewssimmo

That is great news.

I will say though that I think the pundits are actually OK. Dixon, Keane and Southgate are half decent as a group. Made all the more hilarious by Roy Keane blatantly bullying Southgate off camera to the point where GS shites himself every time he has to disagree.

Even being led by that pudding faced brummie fcktard I quite like watching them.

The less said about the commentary team the better, Townsend is a clown. Although 'Lawro' is just a big a cnt and apparently Mr Charisma himself Owen is on BT so its not like we have amazing alternatives.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 11:31 - Jul 17 with 1325 viewsqpr85

This is great news, ITV's coverage of any football does my tits in. Especially on ITV1 HD and during extra time. I'm always waiting for when they will cut to an advert. Their commentators are the worst and they are extremely biased to the “Big Clubs”.
The only thing they did right was hyping the thing but even then buy the 4th round I had had enough of that as well.
ITV lose FA Cup rights on 11:37 - Jul 17 with 1304 viewssexton

Excellent news. One less competition for Jim Beglin, the worst summariser in the history of sport.
ITV lose FA Cup rights on 11:39 - Jul 17 with 1295 viewsGetMeRangers

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 11:31 - Jul 17 by qpr85

This is great news, ITV's coverage of any football does my tits in. Especially on ITV1 HD and during extra time. I'm always waiting for when they will cut to an advert. Their commentators are the worst and they are extremely biased to the “Big Clubs”.
The only thing they did right was hyping the thing but even then buy the 4th round I had had enough of that as well.

"...but even then by the 4th round I had had enough of that as well."

Bit like our team then!
Login to get fewer ads

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 11:44 - Jul 17 with 1281 viewsballbag

Clive Tyldesley = Biggest cnt in commentary history
ITV lose FA Cup rights on 11:48 - Jul 17 with 1262 viewsMetallica_Hoop

SPLENDID.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 12:18 - Jul 17 with 1192 viewsStanisgod

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 11:21 - Jul 17 by Toast_R

Yep ITV should just bat out of football. Their coverage is far too clumsey for the live sports world of today.

They are a slave to the Coronation Street brigade getting irrate when a match over runs.

oi , nothing wrong with a bit of Kym Marsh

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 12:22 - Jul 17 with 1183 viewsdaveB

bbc had the fa cup before and treated it with contempt in the way they covered it so don't expect it to improve now they have it back
ITV lose FA Cup rights on 12:26 - Jul 17 with 1169 viewsYorkRanger

Great news. Adrian Chiles, Strachan, Townsend and Beglin no more.
I alos dislike Keane. Lee Dixon was their only saving grace
ITV lose FA Cup rights on 12:27 - Jul 17 with 1166 viewsPinnerPaul

and they do live football so well, like for example..................

Haven't actually produced live top flight football for a number of years despite public perception.
ITV lose FA Cup rights on 12:30 - Jul 17 with 1157 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The most important thing for me is no Kanting adverts.

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 12:38 - Jul 17 with 1128 viewsdaveB

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 12:30 - Jul 17 by Metallica_Hoop

The most important thing for me is no Kanting adverts.

promos for strictly come dancing and doctor who instead
ITV lose FA Cup rights on 12:55 - Jul 17 with 1093 viewsMetallica_Hoop

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 12:38 - Jul 17 by daveB

promos for strictly come dancing and doctor who instead

Yeah but they don't last 5 mins usually and they don't have them during the broadcast.

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 13:02 - Jul 17 with 1072 viewsNorthernr

ITV actually have a decent panel now Dixon, Southgate and Keane have a really good balance between them, bit of needle, bit of controversy, plenty of insight. Far better than bloody Shearer and Lawrenson droning on with Linekar sat there like three old cnts at a golf club. I literally cannot remember the last interesting or noteworthy thing anybody has said in BBC football coverage.

The problem ITV has is the adverts. I know they've got to have them but in a broadcast of a match kicking off at 7.45 they'll have three breaks in the 15 minute build up, another two at half time and then another two or three in the post match depending on how long it is. That means your panel is on air for a minuscule amount of time. Thom Gibbs who writes for the Telegraph and is a QPR fan actually got his watch out and clocked it all for a game ITV had last year and I think he wrote that over the course of a three hour broadcast the three studio panellists were talking on air for 12 minutes or something ridiculous like that.

When the England v Poland waterlogged fiasco happened ITV suddenly had an hour of air time to fill, and they did it by just letting the three panellists talk about a range of issues - it was excellent. There was a 15 minute chat between Dixon and Keane about goalkeepers, talking about their experiences with Seaman and Schmeichel, comparing them to Joe Hart. Genuinely good, intelligent stuff. Ordinarily Dixon would have said "Hart has had a dip in form but is still a good keeper," Keane would have said "he's resting on his laurels, needs to buck his ideas up" and that would have been the end of the discussion - time for another break.

The other problem they have is not many people like Chiles (I don't mind him really) and nobody in their right mind likes any of their commentary teams - Tydlesley, Townsend and Beglin in particular. Tyldesley's only value is the drinking game you play where you take a shot every time he works a Manchester United reference into a game they're not involved with.
ITV lose FA Cup rights on 13:09 - Jul 17 with 1055 viewsdaveB

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 13:02 - Jul 17 by Northernr

ITV actually have a decent panel now Dixon, Southgate and Keane have a really good balance between them, bit of needle, bit of controversy, plenty of insight. Far better than bloody Shearer and Lawrenson droning on with Linekar sat there like three old cnts at a golf club. I literally cannot remember the last interesting or noteworthy thing anybody has said in BBC football coverage.

The problem ITV has is the adverts. I know they've got to have them but in a broadcast of a match kicking off at 7.45 they'll have three breaks in the 15 minute build up, another two at half time and then another two or three in the post match depending on how long it is. That means your panel is on air for a minuscule amount of time. Thom Gibbs who writes for the Telegraph and is a QPR fan actually got his watch out and clocked it all for a game ITV had last year and I think he wrote that over the course of a three hour broadcast the three studio panellists were talking on air for 12 minutes or something ridiculous like that.

When the England v Poland waterlogged fiasco happened ITV suddenly had an hour of air time to fill, and they did it by just letting the three panellists talk about a range of issues - it was excellent. There was a 15 minute chat between Dixon and Keane about goalkeepers, talking about their experiences with Seaman and Schmeichel, comparing them to Joe Hart. Genuinely good, intelligent stuff. Ordinarily Dixon would have said "Hart has had a dip in form but is still a good keeper," Keane would have said "he's resting on his laurels, needs to buck his ideas up" and that would have been the end of the discussion - time for another break.

The other problem they have is not many people like Chiles (I don't mind him really) and nobody in their right mind likes any of their commentary teams - Tydlesley, Townsend and Beglin in particular. Tyldesley's only value is the drinking game you play where you take a shot every time he works a Manchester United reference into a game they're not involved with.

for a 19.45 kick off itv will usually have 2 ad breaks before the game, 2 at half time and 1 after the game which is less than Sky ( i've worked at both companies so can state that as a fact) For a big game like a final or England at a world cup that will probably increase though. It will always be a problem for ITV though as they don't get money from licence fees or subscriptions so they have to maximize advertising revenue around shows people are watching especially live football. It means less time for pundits to talk and as most people hate the pundits anyway that's probably a good thing
ITV lose FA Cup rights on 13:18 - Jul 17 with 1029 viewsNorthernr

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 13:09 - Jul 17 by daveB

for a 19.45 kick off itv will usually have 2 ad breaks before the game, 2 at half time and 1 after the game which is less than Sky ( i've worked at both companies so can state that as a fact) For a big game like a final or England at a world cup that will probably increase though. It will always be a problem for ITV though as they don't get money from licence fees or subscriptions so they have to maximize advertising revenue around shows people are watching especially live football. It means less time for pundits to talk and as most people hate the pundits anyway that's probably a good thing

For a 1945 kick off they lead in with an ad break, have another one almost immediately at about 1935 and then another just after the teams come out but before the kick off.

Not to mention the crafty ones they drop in when Everton are scoring in Merseyside derbies and things like that
ITV lose FA Cup rights on 13:58 - Jul 17 with 977 viewsdaveB

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 13:18 - Jul 17 by Northernr

For a 1945 kick off they lead in with an ad break, have another one almost immediately at about 1935 and then another just after the teams come out but before the kick off.

Not to mention the crafty ones they drop in when Everton are scoring in Merseyside derbies and things like that

one before doesn't really count, that's linked to the previous programme rather than the live match
ITV lose FA Cup rights on 13:59 - Jul 17 with 974 viewssimmo

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 13:58 - Jul 17 by daveB

one before doesn't really count, that's linked to the previous programme rather than the live match

Does it really negate the point or is pedantry a hobby?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 14:00 - Jul 17 with 973 viewstoboboly

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 13:18 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Peter Drury (shudder)

http://backofthenet.wikia.com/wiki/Peter_Drury

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 14:13 - Jul 17 with 954 viewsrobith

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 13:02 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Tyldesely is also awful at wedging in any mention of the Nou Camp/That Magical Night In Istanbul TM.

My favourite being in the infamous Liverpool Everton FA Cup tie where Everton's extra time winner was missed by ITV accidentally cutting to an Action for Children advert, Alonso went to take a corner and CT (what apt initials) said "Corner to be taken by Alonso, who of course scored a penalty in the shootout in that incredible night in Istanbul"

Jaw dropped.

In this year's Man Utd vs Real Madrid game Townsend was embarrassing in his "Lopez is rubbish cos he's wearing joggies and I've never heard of him" followed by back pedalling as he made several very good saves
ITV lose FA Cup rights on 14:24 - Jul 17 with 941 viewsdaveB

ITV lose FA Cup rights on 13:59 - Jul 17 by simmo

Does it really negate the point or is pedantry a hobby?

Well Clive was saying ad breaks during the coverage reduces the time pundits have to speak so I was just pointing out one of the breaks he refereed to was before the show starts so has no impact at all on what is shown
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024