Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The start of a bidding war 11:09 - Jan 7 with 1459 viewskingsburyR

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/2/9105274/qpr-wait-on-remy-dea

Looks like Harry has let the planet know we are keen to sell....... to the highest bidder!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

The start of a bidding war on 11:12 - Jan 7 with 1444 viewsNorthernr

I'm missing something with this one. If we do get promoted, surely having Remy back in the team would be a huge boost for Redknapp, the man who signed him in the first place? Why so desperate to sell?
The start of a bidding war on 11:17 - Jan 7 with 1422 viewsconnell10

The start of a bidding war on 11:12 - Jan 7 by Northernr

I'm missing something with this one. If we do get promoted, surely having Remy back in the team would be a huge boost for Redknapp, the man who signed him in the first place? Why so desperate to sell?

arry probadly gets a cut of the fee!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The start of a bidding war on 11:18 - Jan 7 with 1413 viewsimustbemad

The start of a bidding war on 11:12 - Jan 7 by Northernr

Remy has no intention of returning to QPR. Perhaps Harry has plans to spend the Remy money in this window
The start of a bidding war on 11:18 - Jan 7 with 1408 viewsade_qpr

"For what we got him for, he's probably worth double that now. He's scored goals in the Premier League again this year."

Think thats the key sentence in that statement. Is he worth 16 million?
Whats the deal with his case? Still on going?

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

The start of a bidding war on 11:18 - Jan 7 with 1405 viewsJuzzie

To release funds to be able to buy Rhodes, Ings and just about every other dangerous Leicester, Burnley and Derby player!
The start of a bidding war on 11:19 - Jan 7 with 1401 viewsJamie

The start of a bidding war on 11:18 - Jan 7 by Juzzie

To release funds to be able to buy Rhodes, Ings and just about every other dangerous Leicester, Burnley and Derby player!

Is the correct answer.
The start of a bidding war on 11:22 - Jan 7 with 1377 viewsBklynRanger

I'd guess there could be two things involved:

1. Personality issues

and/or

2. If he could sell him for 15 or 16 then he could try to get 8 or 10 of that to buy 2 or 3 new players and thereby coach a further 20-30% less since "the game is easy when you've got good players".
The start of a bidding war on 11:31 - Jan 7 with 1338 viewsElHoop

Has Harry got a stock of these?

Login to get fewer ads

The start of a bidding war on 11:41 - Jan 7 with 1299 viewsQPunkR

The start of a bidding war on 11:18 - Jan 7 by Juzzie

Hang on, hang on. None of them have played for Spurs/under Arry before. So no, not them then

QPR - "shit but local"

The start of a bidding war on 11:45 - Jan 7 with 1283 viewsstansleftfoot

If it hasn't anything to do with Harry he should respect his Club and Bosses and say so.
Sadly Harry Redknapp displays all the character of a snake when things get tough.
He's saying in hidden terms that he doesn't control the sale/purchase and or possibly the budgets for players.
The management are not creating a positive mood around the Club imo.
They need to come out of the next four games unbeaten and set the stall out for the rest of the season.
Forget about Remy a good manager and coaching team would look at how to get this team scoring another goal, this team, not this team and players we haven't actually signed.....
A player of Remy's value does not need his value boosting, I think he's still on bail ffs....Harry Redknapp, shut up and coach this football team or employ somebody who can....
The start of a bidding war on 12:04 - Jan 7 with 1214 viewsconnell10

The start of a bidding war on 11:45 - Jan 7 by stansleftfoot

If it hasn't anything to do with Harry he should respect his Club and Bosses and say so.
Sadly Harry Redknapp displays all the character of a snake when things get tough.
He's saying in hidden terms that he doesn't control the sale/purchase and or possibly the budgets for players.
The management are not creating a positive mood around the Club imo.
They need to come out of the next four games unbeaten and set the stall out for the rest of the season.
Forget about Remy a good manager and coaching team would look at how to get this team scoring another goal, this team, not this team and players we haven't actually signed.....
A player of Remy's value does not need his value boosting, I think he's still on bail ffs....Harry Redknapp, shut up and coach this football team or employ somebody who can....

Dont agree with all this mate , but well written!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The start of a bidding war on 12:14 - Jan 7 with 1165 viewswhittocksRs

There's something fishy about this, only last week Remy himself was saying QPR might want him back and if they did he would have to come.
The start of a bidding war on 12:27 - Jan 7 with 1112 viewsR_from_afar

Compare and contrast the statement by Harry today
"You've got to get there first, and if someone came and offered £15m or £16m for him I'd sell him if it was my choice but it's not, it's down to the chairman."

with this one, when Harry signed Remy:
“I’m delighted to bring him in — he’s a great buy for us.

“I didn’t think we’d get him to be honest but Tony Fernandes worked ever so hard on this. He wouldn’t give up on it, and it’s great that we now have him here with us,” Redknapp continued.

“He’s always been a player I’ve admired. I’ve watched him on so many occasions throughout the last few years. I actually spent three or four hours with him last year so he knew what I thought of him, and I think that was important.

“He’s quick, can score goals and makes great runs. His movement is excellent. He’s got the potential to be a really outstanding striker.”

I am flabberghasted. Why would Redknapp not want Remy back if we go up, given that he has always admired him and that he has proved he can cut it at the highest level? if we go up, there will be no issue with being able to afford Remy.

I thought being a manager was about winning stuff and getting promoted but with Redknapp, strangely, buying new players often *appears* to be more important. Why?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The start of a bidding war on 12:31 - Jan 7 with 1087 viewsClive_Anderson

So does this mean that there definitely isn't a clause letting him go for what we paid for him?

This might be the first transfer we've made a profit on in about 20 years.
The start of a bidding war on 12:51 - Jan 7 with 1030 viewsbaz_qpr

The start of a bidding war on 12:31 - Jan 7 by Clive_Anderson

So does this mean that there definitely isn't a clause letting him go for what we paid for him?

This might be the first transfer we've made a profit on in about 20 years.

The clause was for the summer window only.

£16m still seems a snip, I suspect ol arry wants some funds...

However I cant see Burnley selling Ings or Blackburn selling Rhodes to us
The start of a bidding war on 13:02 - Jan 7 with 987 viewsJamie

The start of a bidding war on 12:51 - Jan 7 by baz_qpr

The clause was for the summer window only.

£16m still seems a snip, I suspect ol arry wants some funds...

However I cant see Burnley selling Ings or Blackburn selling Rhodes to us

Blackburn will happily sell Rhodes in January. The only stumbling block is the price of £12m cash.
The start of a bidding war on 13:04 - Jan 7 with 979 viewsDANRANGER

I would imagine TF wouldn't want to sell him and although Remy has his sights set a lot higher he would be a huge asset should we go back up. His attitude was good when he played last season so I'd hope that would continue. If Rhodes is valued at 11m then 16m is cheap for Remy but it is all relative to what the buyers willing to pay.

It's a season loan though which Newcastle have paid a fee for so the question is can he be sold whilst on loan?

Of all the players on loan he is the one I'd hope to keep as I can't see the others being welcomed back by the current squad with open arms as team spirit is everything to a club like us and clearly it was an issue last year.
The start of a bidding war on 15:53 - Jan 7 with 769 viewsDanVanDyke

This part is they key statement for me..

If QPR were promoted then it could be that the door is open for Remy to return to Loftus Road, although Redknapp admits he would rather sell.

"That's all ifs and buts," he said.

"You've got to get there first, and if someone came and offered £15m or £16m for him I'd sell him if it was my choice but it's not, it's down to the chairman."

He's not actually saying he doesn't want him back, just admitting that our only chance of Remy wanting to come back is if we're promoted, which at the present time is by no means certain. I get the impression that 'Arry probably doesn't see himself with us next season even if we are promoted, in which case why does he care if Remy is back at QPR. He gets a nice bonus if we get promoted and his chances of landing his January transfer targets probably depend on releasing some funds via player sales, as our only on loan assett that seems to be performing, of course he wants Newcastle to buy him. Doesn't mean he doesn't rate him or that he was a bad influence last season. I got the impression that Remy was one of the few that cared and actually tried.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024