Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New QPR Stadium Site. 10:39 - Mar 5 with 2582 viewspeejaybee

Any council officials types outthere that would know would it be possible to get the road that passes the new Stadium main entrance called NEW LOFTUS ROAD.If not why not just asking like. Also North is it Possible to have a Sticky put up about Ideas and Suggestions for the New Stadium Site.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

New QPR Stadium Site. on 10:43 - Mar 5 with 2197 viewsRangersw12

The stadium is all pie in the sky got more pressing things to sort out like a decent infrastructure at the club
New QPR Stadium Site. on 10:48 - Mar 5 with 2184 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I agree with you peejay - we need to keep an eye on this. It's a gigantic issue.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New QPR Stadium Site. on 10:55 - Mar 5 with 2162 viewsToast_R

Yes it is possible.

Merton Council have named all the residential builds on Wimbledon FC's old Plough Lane site after players.

Cork House
Bassett House
Lawrie House
Batsford House
etc etc. I doubt many of the residents currenly living in these apartments have a scooby why though.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 10:56]
New QPR Stadium Site. on 10:57 - Mar 5 with 2146 viewsTacticalR

Council officials types. Aren't they the wrong sort? I am sure we don't have any here.

Air hostess clique

New QPR Stadium Site. on 11:00 - Mar 5 with 2138 viewsTonto

The "naming rights" to new roads belong with the developer, not the Council, although the Council does have a 'veto' (thats too string a word, but I cant think of anything better) - which is usually (albeit rarely) used to avoid confusion. there are other stakeholders who get asked too - emergency services, post office etc.

I beleive the new stadium would be in a different postcode, therefore you wouldnt necessarily need to bother with the "New". It would just be "Loftus Road NW10 rather than Loftus Road W12" There are loads of Station Roads, High Streets etc, but rarley two in the same postcode, unless they were about for hundreds of years.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New QPR Stadium Site. on 11:05 - Mar 5 with 2123 viewsFearless

Wasn't the Etihad going to have a Bell End?
New QPR Stadium Site. on 11:10 - Mar 5 with 2108 viewsJuzzie

New QPR Stadium Site. on 11:05 - Mar 5 by Fearless

A guy at works lives in a house called Bell End. I asked him if he ever thought of changing it. "Nah, it's hilarious and a great conversation piece".
New QPR Stadium Site. on 11:35 - Mar 5 with 2043 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

It does. Though officially called the Colin Bell stand.
Login to get fewer ads

New QPR Stadium Site. on 11:38 - Mar 5 with 2029 viewsLambourn

New QPR Stadium Site. on 11:35 - Mar 5 by Sudbury_Hill_R

It does. Though officially called the Colin Bell stand.

We called him that for years C hehe.
New QPR Stadium Site. on 11:42 - Mar 5 with 2017 viewspeejaybee

New QPR Stadium Site. on 10:43 - Mar 5 by Rangersw12

The stadium is all pie in the sky got more pressing things to sort out like a decent infrastructure at the club

They wont have the infrastructure sorted by the time the new stadium is built,thats a certainty.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

New QPR Stadium Site. on 12:02 - Mar 5 with 1969 viewsqprnw10

The stadium will be sitting on what is currently 'enterprise way' and 'salter street'
New QPR Stadium Site. on 12:05 - Mar 5 with 1961 viewsqprnw10

My partner's aunt who works for Kensington and chelsea council, has said the scum are apparently looking at the Kensington gasworks/sainsburys site as a possible location for a new site.
New QPR Stadium Site. on 12:57 - Mar 5 with 1864 viewsJuzzie

New QPR Stadium Site. on 12:05 - Mar 5 by qprnw10

My partner's aunt who works for Kensington and chelsea council, has said the scum are apparently looking at the Kensington gasworks/sainsburys site as a possible location for a new site.

They can look all they like. I can't see it happening though.

I think most Chelsea fans would rather stay at Stamford Bridge than move so far north and will they be allowed to be so close to us anyway, it's deep into QPR 'territory'?

But I guess the club don't give a shite what fans think. Rotten from the core.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 12:59]
New QPR Stadium Site. on 13:25 - Mar 5 with 1806 viewsqprnw10

New QPR Stadium Site. on 12:57 - Mar 5 by Juzzie

They can look all they like. I can't see it happening though.

I think most Chelsea fans would rather stay at Stamford Bridge than move so far north and will they be allowed to be so close to us anyway, it's deep into QPR 'territory'?

But I guess the club don't give a shite what fans think. Rotten from the core.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 12:59]

There probably just as close to fulham as they would be to us.
They will also have a west london postcode, be in Kensington and C****** , and be part of a massive regeneration, like ourselves at ooc...Unfortunately I can see it being a goer.
New QPR Stadium Site. on 13:42 - Mar 5 with 1764 viewsnadera78

New QPR Stadium Site. on 13:25 - Mar 5 by qprnw10

There probably just as close to fulham as they would be to us.
They will also have a west london postcode, be in Kensington and C****** , and be part of a massive regeneration, like ourselves at ooc...Unfortunately I can see it being a goer.

I can't. That site has only one way in and out, coming off Ladbroke Grove, and is surrounded by the canal and the railway lines. If people think it's chaotic around Stamford Bridge then I can't imagine what they'd say about 60,000 people getting to and from that little site.
New QPR Stadium Site. on 13:52 - Mar 5 with 1741 viewsToast_R

To be honest, Loftus Road is Loftus Road, why do we want a new Stadium to carry the same name when it's not the same stadium....or road for that matter?

When or if it comes down to it, let Loftus Road have a great send off (probably a humbling defeat against a dire team where a complete asshole scores the last goal sealing another missed opportunity) and allow the old stadium to die in peace and then lets all start a new chapter.

Besides, it will be named after a corporate sponsor anyways. Proabaly the AirAsia Bowl or The Argos Click and Collect Flatpacker.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 13:54]
New QPR Stadium Site. on 14:50 - Mar 5 with 1662 viewsqprnw10

New QPR Stadium Site. on 13:42 - Mar 5 by nadera78

I can't. That site has only one way in and out, coming off Ladbroke Grove, and is surrounded by the canal and the railway lines. If people think it's chaotic around Stamford Bridge then I can't imagine what they'd say about 60,000 people getting to and from that little site.

" That site has only one way in and out"... "and is surrounded by the canal and the railway lines".

You could just as easily be talking about old oak common.
New roads, footbridges etc will be built.There's already a plan to knock down the Wornington estate and build a road that goes from ladbroke grove to portobello.
New QPR Stadium Site. on 15:16 - Mar 5 with 1625 viewssmegma

Yes. Fans petitioned to have one of the stands behind the goal as the Colin Bell End (snigger). The club then cottoned on but decided to name the West Stand (main stand to our left from the away end) the Colin Bell Stand.
New QPR Stadium Site. on 16:03 - Mar 5 with 1575 viewsizlingtonhoop

I think the newest stand at the Molineux has a Bull Sh*tter.
New QPR Stadium Site. on 17:04 - Mar 5 with 1478 viewsDWQPR

Major problem that this lot have is that although the Putin's mate might own the club, vitally he doesn't own the pitch which is held in trust and when he was looking to spend his roubles in Battersea Power Station they voted against selling the pitch with the ground as he wouldn't yield to any assurances over the new ground. I think that the filth are stuck at Stamford Bridge for ever.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

New QPR Stadium Site. on 18:05 - Mar 5 with 1387 viewsnadera78

New QPR Stadium Site. on 14:50 - Mar 5 by qprnw10

" That site has only one way in and out"... "and is surrounded by the canal and the railway lines".

You could just as easily be talking about old oak common.
New roads, footbridges etc will be built.There's already a plan to knock down the Wornington estate and build a road that goes from ladbroke grove to portobello.

They're going to build a footbridge that not only crosses the canal but also the cemetary? Not likely.
New QPR Stadium Site. on 19:28 - Mar 5 with 1311 viewsqprnw10

New QPR Stadium Site. on 18:05 - Mar 5 by nadera78

They're going to build a footbridge that not only crosses the canal but also the cemetary? Not likely.

A footbridge across the canal...a footbridge over the railway...a new road linked to mitre way...and a road linking ladbroke grove to portobello...all has already being discussed as part of the regeneration plans for their
New QPR Stadium Site. on 19:48 - Mar 5 with 1286 viewsSpiritofGregory

When we start building our stadium in Old Oak, Chelsea will finally fuc% off south of the river where they belong. There is no way Abramovich will spend hundreds of millions on a stadium which is down the road to another brand new stadium - that's madness. Everyone knows that he has his heart set on south of the river that's why he was so hot on Battersea which makes sense as it's Chelsea territory.

We just need to make sure that we claim our territory first to shut the bastards out.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 19:50]
New QPR Stadium Site. on 20:39 - Mar 5 with 1240 viewsnadera78

New QPR Stadium Site. on 19:28 - Mar 5 by qprnw10

A footbridge across the canal...a footbridge over the railway...a new road linked to mitre way...and a road linking ladbroke grove to portobello...all has already being discussed as part of the regeneration plans for their

A footbridge across the canal leaves you standing on the edge of the cemetary. Where do you go from there?
A footbridge across the railway lines leaves you in very residential streets. Where do you go from there?
A road from the gas works to Mitre Road would have to cross the railway lines and the Little Scrubs. That's the railway lines that will be part of Crossrail and the little Scrubs that cannot be built on. Not going to happen.

We're talking about 60,000 people turning up there 20-odd times a year. On a plot of land that has one access route in and out.
New QPR Stadium Site. on 22:19 - Mar 5 with 1189 viewswombat

New QPR Stadium Site. on 20:39 - Mar 5 by nadera78

A footbridge across the canal leaves you standing on the edge of the cemetary. Where do you go from there?
A footbridge across the railway lines leaves you in very residential streets. Where do you go from there?
A road from the gas works to Mitre Road would have to cross the railway lines and the Little Scrubs. That's the railway lines that will be part of Crossrail and the little Scrubs that cannot be built on. Not going to happen.

We're talking about 60,000 people turning up there 20-odd times a year. On a plot of land that has one access route in and out.

I said this very same thing when the site was first mentioned as a site for the new ground coupled with HS2 station not being built for many years into the future it's always been my least fav planned site. Access is awful road access is even worse .

New ground Frankie and Benny's weatherspoons can't bloody wait for it to happen , shame we didn't get the BBC site on wood lane Perfect site great transport links .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024