Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youth players leaving in the summer 11:04 - May 4 with 1464 viewsAustinHarris24

The club have just announced that six members of our under 21 squad are not being offered new contracts at the club and will leave in the summer: http://qprng.rs/fT5wkH

Poll: Who is better Barkley or wilshere

Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:08 - May 4 with 1445 views08olesen

Seems odd. I thought Magri was ok the other night and Emmanuel Monthe looks like a younger Yaya Toure!

Hope they have some good replacements lined up

Poll: Who will the other play off

Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:13 - May 4 with 1427 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best of luck to the six of them, and also to the four Under-18's also being released.

Hope this turns out to be a positive day in their careers.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:16 - May 4 with 1414 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes, I thought Magri was ok. However, considering signed him from another club (Portsmouth, for a fee?), he should really be knocking on the door of the first team by now if he is going to break through.

He obviously, like the others, hasn't proved himself enough over the last eighteen months.

Sharif was very disappointing the other knight, whereas when we saw him in the League Cup he looked a tricky winger.

It must be a horrible time for these young players. I wish them well.
Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:20 - May 4 with 1392 viewshoopstilidie

Emmanuel Monthe looked very promising to me, quick, a big unit and a good football brain. I wish them all well.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:22 - May 4 with 1383 viewsbosh67

Losing Emmanuel Monthe is a huge mistake.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:28 - May 4 with 1356 viewsrongould

Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:16 - May 4 by francisbowles

Yes, I thought Magri was ok. However, considering signed him from another club (Portsmouth, for a fee?), he should really be knocking on the door of the first team by now if he is going to break through.

He obviously, like the others, hasn't proved himself enough over the last eighteen months.

Sharif was very disappointing the other knight, whereas when we saw him in the League Cup he looked a tricky winger.

It must be a horrible time for these young players. I wish them well.

Has any player under 30 ever "proved" themselves with Harry?
Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:37 - May 4 with 1319 views08olesen

The only reason why you could argue that the likes of Magri should be got rid of is because of their age.

That may sound ridiculous but look at Traore. When he came to us he was 22 and had already played 42 games fro arsenal portsmouth and juventus. Magri being 20 has had very few if any professional games at a high level.

My point is that if he was going to be any good then the chances are they would know by now, and maybe its not worth the money training him for 4 seasons for him to be an average CB when you can pick another CB like Onhoua for £2.5 million. Although getting rid of the U18s i dont understand.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:40 - May 4 with 1298 viewsJamie

Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:28 - May 4 by rongould

Has any player under 30 ever "proved" themselves with Harry?

Whilst no fan of Arry, these decisions have absolutely nothing to do with him.
Login to get fewer ads

Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:41 - May 4 with 1296 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:37 - May 4 by 08olesen

The only reason why you could argue that the likes of Magri should be got rid of is because of their age.

That may sound ridiculous but look at Traore. When he came to us he was 22 and had already played 42 games fro arsenal portsmouth and juventus. Magri being 20 has had very few if any professional games at a high level.

My point is that if he was going to be any good then the chances are they would know by now, and maybe its not worth the money training him for 4 seasons for him to be an average CB when you can pick another CB like Onhoua for £2.5 million. Although getting rid of the U18s i dont understand.

I presume that the decision to release four Under-18's is related to the players coming up from the level below?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:56 - May 4 with 1250 viewsfrancisbowles

Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:37 - May 4 by 08olesen

I agree with most of your post but as for the u18's, all club do it as they are never going to all make it your level. You also have to make room for the next crop moving up from u16 or whatever.
Youth players leaving in the summer on 12:29 - May 4 with 1184 viewsQPR_John

Youth players leaving in the summer on 11:40 - May 4 by Jamie

Whilst no fan of Arry, these decisions have absolutely nothing to do with him.

Nail on head
Youth players leaving in the summer on 12:53 - May 4 with 1138 viewspaulparker

Youth players leaving in the summer on 12:29 - May 4 by QPR_John

Nail on head

sorry disagree, Arry is supposed to be the manager of the club & should have a final say
if you read his book he says that at every club he has been he always made it to youth games and took a keen interest in the youngsters coming through
now he is either a liar or he cant be arse d with our youngsters if their are lads like monthe who should be kept on
I bet you anything if our youth team passed him on the street he wouldn't know any of them

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Youth players leaving in the summer on 13:05 - May 4 with 1114 viewsBasingstokeR

Surprised at some of these. Do we still have Balanta at the club?
Youth players leaving in the summer on 15:49 - May 4 with 927 viewsfrancisbowles

Youth players leaving in the summer on 13:05 - May 4 by BasingstokeR

Surprised at some of these. Do we still have Balanta at the club?

More importantly, is he available for the playoffs?
Youth players leaving in the summer on 20:36 - May 4 with 733 viewsTacticalR

Looks like someone must have read nadera78's report on the Crewe game.

Air hostess clique

Youth players leaving in the summer on 20:50 - May 4 with 701 viewsNorthernr

well I guess Magri went to nuneaton and couldn't even get a game there so that didn't look promising for him.

Monthe, I always wondered how good he'd look once he wasn't the biggest and most physical player o the pitch. Always a bit wary of those boys who look good in youth teams having developed physically faster than everybody else. When Young North played in the junior teams up north Gainsborough Trinity had a midfield player who, at 13/14/15 looked absolutely incredible. The whole package - passing, speed, goals. You'd get done 12-0 at Gainsborough and he'd score 10 and daft stuff like that.

Problem he found was when he got to 15/16/17 all the other lads had caught him for physique and in the end he never went anywhere.

Whenever I saw Monthe I always thought of that lad because he too seemed to be succeeding simply because he was miles bigger than everybody else. We'll have to see what happens to him I guess.
Youth players leaving in the summer on 22:48 - May 4 with 519 viewszicoshoops

That's a shame for all of the lads, I hope they all get a decent career out of the game.
One of the U21's released, I took to his first ever game of football at H/Q when he was aged 6.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024