Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandes Part 2 Interview 17:43 - Jan 25 with 2974 viewsW5R

No comment on it?

Personally thought it was aright
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 18:16 - Jan 25 with 2058 viewspaulparker

Actions speak harder than words, and until uncle tone starts backing it up I would take what he says with a massive pinch of salt

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 18:28 - Jan 25 with 2037 viewsRuislipHoop

That was the same interview when he took over four years ago,Academy youth long term project
Les is the right man,so basically as it was then. No new facilities,shite academy,no youth players.
Just keep the PR machine rolling along.
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 19:52 - Jan 25 with 1915 viewsGloucs_R

4-5 players that can get into the first team...not under Harry they wont. If ever anyone had any doubt that Tim Sherwood is the next manager then watch the clip. Nailed on, dead cert and if he is willing to give the youngsters a chance...then welcome Mr Sherwood.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 20:21 - Jan 25 with 1869 viewsvegasranger

Why would you give any of the youngsters a chance? They can hardly compete in their age groups. As much as I dislike Redknapp, none of our youth players are knocking on the door with their performances demanding a chance. How many of them play for England at any level? The quality is poor.
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 20:28 - Jan 25 with 1861 viewsjohncharles

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 20:21 - Jan 25 by vegasranger

Why would you give any of the youngsters a chance? They can hardly compete in their age groups. As much as I dislike Redknapp, none of our youth players are knocking on the door with their performances demanding a chance. How many of them play for England at any level? The quality is poor.

But they are as good if not better than some of our first team and would certainly put in more effort.

Strong and stable my arse.

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 20:34 - Jan 25 with 1837 viewsNorthernr

I found it alarming that he thinks the academy has progressed since he arrived, and his comments on Warren farm being scaled back.
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 20:42 - Jan 25 with 1810 viewsRuislipHoop

Not just scaled back,possibly shelved.
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 20:47 - Jan 25 with 1800 viewsRuislipHoop

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 20:21 - Jan 25 by vegasranger

And whose fault would that be ??. Four years ago that was the plan,according to TF.If there are no youth players in a position to move upwards that is because the club haven't seen it as important.
Four years from now,if TF is still in charge we will probably be discussing why we don't have youth team players making the grade.
Login to get fewer ads

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 20:52 - Jan 25 with 1779 viewsLblock

I dont believe a word that comes out of his mouth

Cant make my mind up if he's really cleaver or unbelievably stoopid

Thompson I hated, but on reflection he had a point
Wright was a a plum
Paladini and his various crews of Caliedino and Flabio + Dwarf simply make me vomit

TF is clawing his way up the league

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 20:56 - Jan 25 with 1773 viewsRuislipHoop

As a chairman and I mean a real one, I would have thought he should spend more time looking after the clubs interests but our club is just a big PR vehicle for him and his cronies.
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 21:31 - Jan 25 with 1711 viewsGloucs_R

I'd rather be in the championship watching players come though the ranks or at least under 25...similar to derby, than watch this dross in the premiership.
He keeps banging on about stability but haven't seen any yet. Up and down like a yoyo but still lacking a strategy.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 21:42 - Jan 25 with 1678 viewsderbyhoop

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 19:52 - Jan 25 by Gloucs_R

4-5 players that can get into the first team...not under Harry they wont. If ever anyone had any doubt that Tim Sherwood is the next manager then watch the clip. Nailed on, dead cert and if he is willing to give the youngsters a chance...then welcome Mr Sherwood.

That claim was from Chris Ramsey. Be good if it was true. The fact that TF even knows the names Petrasso and Grego-Cox is an improvement on Flávio.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 21:51 - Jan 25 with 1648 viewsstevec

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 21:31 - Jan 25 by Gloucs_R

I'd rather be in the championship watching players come though the ranks or at least under 25...similar to derby, than watch this dross in the premiership.
He keeps banging on about stability but haven't seen any yet. Up and down like a yoyo but still lacking a strategy.

Weren't the 15 years 1996-2011 enough for you?
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 22:03 - Jan 25 with 1620 viewsPunteR

I'm not holding my breath regarding Warren Farm unfortunately . He kept playing down that we need new facilities, and saying its all about having the right people.
Clearly they need a new training facility.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 22:13 - Jan 25 with 1594 viewsRuislipHoop

With the current playing staff and management team I don't see how a new facility would benefit any of them.
A championship outfit deserve championship facilities and that's what we've got.
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 22:14 - Jan 25 with 1593 viewsjohncharles

Has he run out of money ? Pulling out of Warren Farm, unloading any players that anyone might be interested in (Laurent to Brentford, Mutch to Palace, who else would anyone want ? No money for transfers. Not making Charlie an offer he can't refuse ? Etc, ) Can't afford to pay Redknapp off though any businessman would see that he has to go. Is he heading for the exit ?

I'm playing Devil's advocate here. Somebody convince me I'm wrong.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 22:59]

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 22:21 - Jan 25 with 1578 viewsdaveB

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 20:28 - Jan 25 by johncharles

But they are as good if not better than some of our first team and would certainly put in more effort.

They are not though thats the sad thing, None of them are good enough to be first team regulars in the Premier League. A few of them could and probably should have played a few more games last season but if Sherwood took over tomorrow I would be stunned if he went to the youth team to keep us up
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 22:25 - Jan 25 with 1567 viewsdaveB

He's right about getting the right people, you can have have the best stadium and best facilities in the world but if you don't have the best scouting network, if you don't recruit the best players and if you don't have very good coaches it all means nothing
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 22:27 - Jan 25 with 1561 viewsRuislipHoop

So why has it taken him 4 years to work it out
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 22:36 - Jan 25 with 1541 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yet more vitriol towards TF I see.
Nice one chaps.
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 22:47 - Jan 25 with 1518 viewsdaveB

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 22:27 - Jan 25 by RuislipHoop

So why has it taken him 4 years to work it out

because he listened to the wrong people
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 22:54 - Jan 25 with 1512 viewsjohncharles

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 22:47 - Jan 25 by daveB

because he listened to the wrong people

Poor Didums, Having built a successful airline he must have heard some bullshit in his time.
Doesn't wash. I think he's run out of money.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 22:56]

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 00:21 - Jan 26 with 1418 viewsPunteR

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 22:25 - Jan 25 by daveB

He's right about getting the right people, you can have have the best stadium and best facilities in the world but if you don't have the best scouting network, if you don't recruit the best players and if you don't have very good coaches it all means nothing

We've had literally hundreds of" people " walk through our door, they cant be all bad.
Of course you need the right people ,Sir Les is one of them for sure.
I just think something tangible like a new training facility will help with the perception that QPR mean business and have professional high standards.
I honestly feel its the start of moving the club in the right direction.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 07:30 - Jan 26 with 1340 viewsdaveB

An improved training ground will help but it's not a magic wand, without improving the coaching and scouting to get better players in through the door it will just be a few nice pitches
Fernandes Part 2 Interview on 07:56 - Jan 26 with 1314 viewsbaz_qpr

err - Have not the Warren Farm delays been down objections and judicial reviews by the locals, not a lot he can do about that.

Within 6 months he appointed Mark Hughes who had a reputation as a club builder who brought Mike Rigg to the club who had come from Man City's academy. Don't really think that was TF fault, on paper the best people in the market at the time. Its very easy to be right with a great barrel load of hindsight. The truth is all the clubs southampton apart are failing pretty badly in producing young talent, despite the money being poured into it, there are deep fundamental issues at play.

Despite that we are playing 10 years of catch up since the Academy was disbanded under Holloway and became a centre of excellence. Les Ferdinand seems to be making the right moves, Ramsey has a good reputation and they just brought in an aussie guy who has been working at Ajax. If we want to truly change it then Southampton, Ajax and Anderlecht are the models we need to be looking at.

And yes clearly the money has dried up but also the FFP cloud is clearly a big one, no point paying the fine and having another one straight away
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024