Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doughty 22:21 - Feb 10 with 5199 viewsozranger

Anyone else impressed by his cameo? Thought he did really well in the midfield and combined with the others as if he had been playing there all game. Fitted in well with the tight four in the midfield (ie after Phillips went off, we had no wingers).
Doughty on 22:23 - Feb 10 with 3657 viewsMatch82

I was very impressed. Looked composed on the ball and made a couple of very well executed tackles. More please.
Doughty on 22:23 - Feb 10 with 3646 viewsPommyhoop

Yeah I watched him closely and impressed me ,good compsure kept it simple and pressed well when they had the ball.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Doughty on 22:25 - Feb 10 with 3615 viewsdaveB

shit, didn't give the ball away or fall over, he'll ever make it
Doughty on 22:26 - Feb 10 with 3584 viewsCHUBBS

Looked a quality player in the making,no shortage of pace either on that showing.
Doughty on 22:32 - Feb 10 with 3503 viewsKerryE

Did a nice little drag back.

Who is he? Is he on loan? Did Harry sign him?
Doughty on 22:42 - Feb 10 with 3416 viewskarl

Think he was on loan at St Johnstone last year and didnt get much game time iirc, sub mainly. Hard to tell on individual performances watching on a stream but whenever the commentator picked up on him he did well i thought
Doughty on 22:54 - Feb 10 with 3348 viewssimmo

Not good enough, no experience in this league and no brilliant loans to championship teams in the past. I would have preferred an ageing pro out of position.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Doughty on 23:03 - Feb 10 with 3230 viewsHunterhoop

Doughty on 22:54 - Feb 10 by simmo

Not good enough, no experience in this league and no brilliant loans to championship teams in the past. I would have preferred an ageing pro out of position.

Nah, if he was good enough he's already be playing. We just don't have the quality in the U21s. If we did they'd be in there playing.

That's what that Charlatan argued. Must have been a fluke this evening, like Harriman's was a fluke two year's ago, and the time Ehmer looked composed on his debut. All flukes. Best get a CB in on loan and play him at FB.
Login to get fewer ads

Doughty on 23:09 - Feb 10 with 3167 viewsRangersw12

Doughty on 23:03 - Feb 10 by Hunterhoop

Nah, if he was good enough he's already be playing. We just don't have the quality in the U21s. If we did they'd be in there playing.

That's what that Charlatan argued. Must have been a fluke this evening, like Harriman's was a fluke two year's ago, and the time Ehmer looked composed on his debut. All flukes. Best get a CB in on loan and play him at FB.

Sad thing is some fans also buy into that as well and some local journos
Doughty on 23:10 - Feb 10 with 3145 viewssimmo

Doughty on 23:03 - Feb 10 by Hunterhoop

Exactly. A view given by Redknapp as an excuse to buy/loan more players and agreed with by people on this board. I realise a swallow doesn't make a summer with Doughty making such a fleeting appearance but don't tell me we don't have options like him to do a specific job when required over yet another signing or a shoe horned player out of position. Every time a youth player gets an opportunity they show the mettle to grab it with both hands, every time in the past they've been instantly dropped.

Well done Michael Doughty, I hope this gives suitable encouragement to other younger and fringe players that they will get a chance if they earn it.

Doughty on 23:18 - Feb 10 with 3096 viewsbosh67

I have seen the kid play half a dozen times and he's absolute quality. We do have a few younger players who deserve the step up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Doughty on 23:22 - Feb 10 with 3053 viewsconnell10

unless you play em you never know and you gotta have balls to play em as well , which arry never had!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Doughty on 23:25 - Feb 10 with 3033 viewssimmo

Doughty on 23:22 - Feb 10 by connell10

unless you play em you never know and you gotta have balls to play em as well , which arry never had!

Redknapp didn't want to risk short term success even if it meant long term gain for qpr. It's the antithesis of Ramsey who will happily give younger players an opportunity even though he knows for a fact he won't be the beneficiary of it long term.

Really pleased with him, glad he's at qpr and I hope he maintains a prominent position at the club beyond a new appointment

Doughty on 23:27 - Feb 10 with 3013 viewsPommyhoop

Doughty on 23:22 - Feb 10 by connell10

There's no bunce in playing youngsters. New Blood,New Blood..brown paper bags.
Its all abaht the pahn note Son !!

Doughty on 23:34 - Feb 10 with 2977 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Doughty on 23:25 - Feb 10 by simmo

Redknapp didn't want to risk short term success even if it meant long term gain for qpr. It's the antithesis of Ramsey who will happily give younger players an opportunity even though he knows for a fact he won't be the beneficiary of it long term.

Really pleased with him, glad he's at qpr and I hope he maintains a prominent position at the club beyond a new appointment

Good post. Your last point in particular is decent - on this basis it's encouraging for Rangers to have Ramsey involved no matter what position he takes in the future.

I was driving to training tonight and wondering if Ramsey's youth movement was the real thing, or a sop from an applicant manager to please owners and/or fans - after all, being seen to be pro-youth, pro-academy and pro-cost saving is second only to results in terms of pleasing both terraces and boardroom alike. I decided that I'd judge him based on whether he brought a young lad on rather than had them as decorative bench-warmers.

Very pleased to return and find out that Doughty got a good run-out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Doughty on 00:18 - Feb 11 with 2866 viewscoolranger

Apparently he is on Real Madrid's radar too.
Doughty on 00:22 - Feb 11 with 2851 viewssmegma

Doughty on 22:32 - Feb 10 by KerryE

Did a nice little drag back.

Who is he? Is he on loan? Did Harry sign him?

Been at the club for nearly a decade. Has played for Wales Under 21s. Normally plays midfield, reads the game reallywell, can pass with both feet and has a really good shot on him. His father used to own Forest and died suddenly 3 years ago. Hopefully this will be the start of a decent career for the bloke as he has bided his time while dross followed by more dross have been playing.
Doughty on 00:30 - Feb 11 with 2826 viewseastside_r

And yet this had been the charlatan's modus operandi at everywhere he's been bar perhaps right at the start at Bournemouth. Can I refer all to the book by John Crace on HR. Very Spurs orientated (he's a Spurs fan) but rumbles Bagpuss excellently.

No money in youth players, as sell-on clauses kick in long since after the operator has left the business i.e. they make money for the club rather than the incumbent.
Doughty on 00:31 - Feb 11 with 2812 viewseastside_r

Doughty on 00:30 - Feb 11 by eastside_r

And yet this had been the charlatan's modus operandi at everywhere he's been bar perhaps right at the start at Bournemouth. Can I refer all to the book by John Crace on HR. Very Spurs orientated (he's a Spurs fan) but rumbles Bagpuss excellently.

No money in youth players, as sell-on clauses kick in long since after the operator has left the business i.e. they make money for the club rather than the incumbent.

Sorry this was meant as a reply to Hunterhoop's post.
Doughty on 00:37 - Feb 11 with 2792 viewsFredManRave

Doughty getting a game or more generally a youth player getting a game is what Tony has wanted all along it's just a shame that the last two managers he picked hadn't wanted the same thing.

Nobody gets their pants pulled down 3 times do they?!

Tony Fernandes
‏@tonyfernandes
Great to see @mdoughty92 come on for his @premierleague debut. That's what I've wanted all along.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Doughty on 00:40 - Feb 11 with 2781 viewsPommyhoop

Doughty on 00:37 - Feb 11 by FredManRave

Doughty getting a game or more generally a youth player getting a game is what Tony has wanted all along it's just a shame that the last two managers he picked hadn't wanted the same thing.

Tony Fernandes
‏@tonyfernandes
Great to see @mdoughty92 come on for his @premierleague debut. That's what I've wanted all along.

Tony Fernandes
‏@tonyfernandes

Interesting.That tweet could fit in nicely with the dream manager tweet.
Ramsey for the job maybe.

Doughty on 09:12 - Feb 11 with 2422 viewsSomersetHoops

We are possibly the only club which would (under Redknapp's tenure) react to a player (Hitchcock) getting a good goal in his first team début by sending him away from the club. How many opportunities have we missed to bring on our own players by employing that self-serving dick head? I hear so many times from TF that he has learnt from his mistakes, yet he couldn't see what was obvious to everyone else that Redknapp is well past his sell-by date and was not what QPR needed this season.

Who's Next?

Doughty on 09:16 - Feb 11 with 2398 viewsQPunkR

Saw him in that pre-season at Harrow Borough when we came up with Uncle Neil in charge, he looked good that day. Glad he's finally seen some Premier League action, it can only be a good thing for youngsters at the Club to see that - gives 'em something to aim for

QPR - "shit but local"

Doughty on 09:25 - Feb 11 with 2373 viewsnadera78

Doughty on 00:37 - Feb 11 by FredManRave

Tony Fernandes
‏@tonyfernandes

Bullsh#t!!!!

TF wanted Park, he wanted Granero, he wanted Cesar, he wanted Cisse, he wanted every other big name, big boll#x w#nker that signed for this club. And he wanted them because playing fantasy football with QPR was fantastic advertising for his airline, hotels, mobiles, etc.

It's only now, when his reputation was slipping and his 4 years of incompetence being examined, that he's started repeating back to us what we've been saying about young players.
Doughty on 09:36 - Feb 11 with 2336 viewsRecoilboss

Doughty on 09:25 - Feb 11 by nadera78

Bullsh#t!!!!

TF wanted Park, he wanted Granero, he wanted Cesar, he wanted Cisse, he wanted every other big name, big boll#x w#nker that signed for this club. And he wanted them because playing fantasy football with QPR was fantastic advertising for his airline, hotels, mobiles, etc.

It's only now, when his reputation was slipping and his 4 years of incompetence being examined, that he's started repeating back to us what we've been saying about young players.

Yep, like a fukin parrot he is
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024