Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Black Manager thing is one thing... 11:34 - Apr 2 with 6773 viewsTGRRRSSS

... a lot of focus on it given we've given Ramsey the job for now.
However with all the discussion and Barnes and Sol Campbell recently discussing being black within football in relatively recent times it occures to me how given hos much noise there is about a lack of Black managers hasnt anyone noticed how few BRITISH managers (of any colour/creed) are in the Premier League.
Whilst it goes up of course the Champ is going that European way more and more and one can assume in time so will it go on further down the pyramid

Nobody batted an eyelif when LVG (Dutch and White) got the Man U job for instance
The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 11:48 - Apr 2 with 5392 viewsbob566

why isn't anybody complaining about the lack of white rappers or white nba players.
The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 11:53 - Apr 2 with 5382 viewspaulparker

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 11:48 - Apr 2 by bob566

why isn't anybody complaining about the lack of white rappers or white nba players.

or the lack of white toilet nightclub attendance who sprang you with cheap Joop and sell you lolly's for a fiver

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 12:03 - Apr 2 with 5353 viewstinhead

Don't forget the "wear armani if you want punani"

Puny God!

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 12:23 - Apr 2 with 5321 viewsdaveB

On lack of British managers quiz question for you, name all the managers currently working among the 92 clubs who have full England caps?
The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 12:44 - Apr 2 with 5277 viewsAgedR

Extend it to the championship or leagues below, or FTSE 100 boards, or the judiciary, or MPs, or senior civil servants, or head teachers, or members of the armed forces.

And if you think this is because we have a meritocratic society, you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

It's a tired old argument...and I wish I'd not joined in with it

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 13:03 - Apr 2 with 5220 viewskensalriser

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 11:48 - Apr 2 by bob566

White men can't jump. Everyone knows that!

Loads of white rappers. If anything, I'd complain there are too many.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 13:15 - Apr 2 with 5183 viewsWatford_Ranger

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 12:23 - Apr 2 by daveB

On lack of British managers quiz question for you, name all the managers currently working among the 92 clubs who have full England caps?

Keith Curle
Sherwood
Chris Powell
Nigel Clough

Was going to say our very own John Gregory but seems he got the boot which I missed
The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 13:37 - Apr 2 with 5117 viewsdaveB

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 13:15 - Apr 2 by Watford_Ranger

Keith Curle
Sherwood
Chris Powell
Nigel Clough

Was going to say our very own John Gregory but seems he got the boot which I missed

bang on so 50% are black. Did shock me that when you think of all the top players in the 90's and very few of them gone on to be managers
Login to get fewer ads

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 13:39 - Apr 2 with 5112 viewsTheBlob

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 13:03 - Apr 2 by kensalriser

White men can't jump. Everyone knows that!

Loads of white rappers. If anything, I'd complain there are too many.

White men can't jump?The clue is in "triple jump"?Still the world record holder......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 13:45 - Apr 2 with 5102 viewsThGrimRanger

Every one of these black ex-players/managers who continually bang about this issue (of which I can think of about 10) has a blonde wife.

Why couldn't just one of them give a brunette a chance.

TheGrimRanger

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 13:51 - Apr 2 with 5074 viewsTheBlob

John Barnes was a shit manager.But no,that of course wasn't down to lack of ability was it.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 14:21 - Apr 2 with 5020 viewsJonDoeman

Nothing to do with your results stinking the gaff out then ?

It Is What It Is !!

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 14:59 - Apr 2 with 4944 viewsdaveB

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 14:21 - Apr 2 by JonDoeman

Nothing to do with your results stinking the gaff out then ?

In fairness he actually said if he got the sack he would be hard for anyone whether they are black or white to get another job
The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 15:03 - Apr 2 with 4927 viewsJonDoeman

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 14:59 - Apr 2 by daveB

In fairness he actually said if he got the sack he would be hard for anyone whether they are black or white to get another job

Fair enough, I only read the headline!

It Is What It Is !!

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 15:13 - Apr 2 with 4899 viewsAntti_Heinola

The idea that British managers don't get a chance is total nonsense. Plenty of British bosses have made a very good living out the game despite being bang average or worse.
It makes sense that the biggest clubs look abroad because they want to hire someone who has experience of winning championships - no English manager, bar Hodgson, has won a European league of note since Bobby Robson.
Sadly, that 90s players, who should now have produced a few good managers, have failed dismally. Steve Bruce and Mark Hughes, that's about it. But then what do you expect when the majority of players from that era complained that they'd have to get a license to be a manager, as if they already knew everything. How many of them would have been happy to be a number 2 for a while, or start much further down the ladder? None - they wanted it handed on a plate - Sherwood being the latest in that line. Giggs, mercifully, is one of the few who seems to want to do it the right way. As I've pointed out before, many of the top Euro managers today worked as coaches and number 2s for years before making the step up.

People like Shearer never fancied that, though. To be a manager at the top level today you need profound intelligence and an ability to motivate many types of players. Sadly, of the very few 'smart' players that have finished the game, many of them prefer a media career.

Bare bones.

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 16:25 - Apr 2 with 4798 viewsTacticalR

I don't mind British managers but I wouldn't want my daughter to marry one.

Air hostess clique

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 16:34 - Apr 2 with 4759 viewsPommyhoop

Some of my best friends are British managers.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 16:56 - Apr 2 with 4720 viewsJuzzie

We should, of course, live in a meritocratic society but I know it's not like that sadly.

However, giving someone a job just because they are black, lesbian, female, disabled etc. to try and balance it out surely is just as bad as not giving someone a job because they are black, lesbian, female, disabled etc? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Solution? No idea, that's for the powers that be to resolve.

edit: actually, the solution is to have a meritocratic society.

[Post edited 2 Apr 2015 17:31]
The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 17:08 - Apr 2 with 4683 viewsTacticalR

Our team is lacking in merit.

Air hostess clique

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 17:13 - Apr 2 with 4666 viewsDiscodroids

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 16:34 - Apr 2 by Pommyhoop

Some of my best friends are British managers.

i never tire of seeing british premier league managers servicing big titted blonde germans or tiny asian teens with their huge cocks on x hamster.com

greg dyke should really try to get a grip on this hot potato.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 17:25 - Apr 2 with 4631 viewsQPRDEL

I think they should apply the Rooney rule to the olympic mens 100mt final, they should insist on one white man being in it.
The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 17:30 - Apr 2 with 4618 viewsJuzzie

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 17:25 - Apr 2 by QPRDEL

I think they should apply the Rooney rule to the olympic mens 100mt final, they should insist on one white man being in it.

I don't think Wayne has the pace anymore!
The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 17:38 - Apr 2 with 4604 viewsMatch82

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 13:37 - Apr 2 by daveB

bang on so 50% are black. Did shock me that when you think of all the top players in the 90's and very few of them gone on to be managers

I think you need the qualifier "successful" in that sentence!

Long list of failed managers from the 80s and 90s who were great England players:
Adams, Robson, Barnes, Wilkins, Shearer, Pearce, Gazza...
The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 18:05 - Apr 2 with 4575 viewsTHEBUSH

Actually there are eleven British managers in the Premier League at the moment and only one black one, just saying like
The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 21:09 - Apr 2 with 4480 viewspaulparker

The Black Manager thing is one thing... on 17:13 - Apr 2 by Discodroids

i never tire of seeing british premier league managers servicing big titted blonde germans or tiny asian teens with their huge cocks on x hamster.com

greg dyke should really try to get a grip on this hot potato.

here's one for you mate

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024